Thu, Sep 19, 11:40 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Photography

Welcome to the Photography Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, Deenamic Forum Coordinators: Anim8dtoon

Photography F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 18 12:22 pm)

Subject: Painting with light tried....

UKmac ( ) posted Thu, 01 December 2005 at 12:45 AM · edited Thu, 19 September 2024 at 11:27 PM

file_308923.jpg

Thanks to Onslow the other day for the how to paint with light. Well just had to try it. After about an hour and half playing with different subjects I was feeling a of aloss at this. Then looked down and saw the steam coming off my early morning cupper. Well just had to try it. I shall just keep practising...... It's not that easy, where to point the torch, angles, reflections etc. Go on have a go. Steve

UKmac ( ) posted Thu, 01 December 2005 at 12:51 AM

Ah!! technical info, Canon 10D, Iso 100, f 9.5, 20 seconds, remote control via USB to PC, White bal Tungsten, Manual control, manual focus, EF 135mm Telephoto lens. Remote control via PC is really great for this.

cynlee ( ) posted Thu, 01 December 2005 at 1:05 AM

ah cool to see Richard has inspired you.. great catch of the steam & the light looks just right ;]

Zacko ( ) posted Thu, 01 December 2005 at 1:47 AM

That is so cool! Ive been meaning to try it myself and you just inspired me further. Thank you. #:O) Awesome steam btw.

How come we say 'It's colder than hell outside' when isn't it realistically always colder than hell since hell is supposed to be fire and brimstone?

Andreas

Mystic Pic

UKmac ( ) posted Thu, 01 December 2005 at 1:49 AM

He certainly has, mucho practise coming up. Choosing the right subject is hard, even harder then to find it at 5:00 in the morning, yes I get up at 4 to 5 every morning, Yaaaaaaawn.....

Zacko ( ) posted Thu, 01 December 2005 at 1:54 AM

Dont we all? #;O)

How come we say 'It's colder than hell outside' when isn't it realistically always colder than hell since hell is supposed to be fire and brimstone?

Andreas

Mystic Pic

DJB ( ) posted Thu, 01 December 2005 at 1:54 AM

You did well for a first try Not wellll excellent really. I should get busy on one too.

"The happiness of a man in this life does not consist in the absence but in the mastery of his passions."

Zacko ( ) posted Thu, 01 December 2005 at 1:58 AM

I may not be blond so i dont have the luxury of blaming my ignorance on my hair roots. #:oP But i gotta ask since my lame ass dictionary got lost....by "torch" do you mean like a pen flashlight or something?

Andreas

Mystic Pic

croxie ( ) posted Thu, 01 December 2005 at 2:35 AM

Nice one :D I did something similar early one morning when the sun put it's spotlight on the steam from my coffee...I'll take a peek in my backups and see if I can find it. As the architect Christopher Wren said: Nothing can add beauty to light :)

"Keep smiling, it makes people wonder what you're up to."

Onslow ( ) posted Thu, 01 December 2005 at 2:50 AM

Nice one Steve. Yep shiney objects can get a bit tricky with reflections etc just adds another dimension to think about :) Yes Andreas a penlight - or as the Americans say flashlight. just needs a beam that can be focussed in to a nice concentrated circle.

And every one said, 'If we only live,
We too will go to sea in a Sieve,---
To the hills of the Chankly Bore!'
Far and few, far and few, Are the lands where the Jumblies live;
Their heads are green, and their hands are blue, And they went to sea in a Sieve.

Edward Lear
http://www.nonsenselit.org/Lear/ns/jumblies.html

Zacko ( ) posted Thu, 01 December 2005 at 3:01 AM

Once again you have come to my rescue, LOL. Thanks R!!! #:O)

Andreas

Mystic Pic

tvernuccio ( ) posted Thu, 01 December 2005 at 10:21 AM

Looks totally FANTASTIC, steve!!!!!! very, very nice!! :)

TwoPynts ( ) posted Fri, 02 December 2005 at 10:14 AM

Hey, nicely done. Thanks Richard, as if I didn't have ENOUGH homework! ;]

Kort Kramer - Kramer Kreations

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.