Fri, Oct 4, 5:33 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 04 4:27 pm)

Subject: Hi new here!

3-DArena ( ) posted Mon, 12 March 2001 at 10:44 AM · edited Fri, 04 October 2024 at 5:28 PM

(as if you couldn't tell my mistake on the first post LOL! ) Anyhow, I'm relatively new to Renderosity and still learning Poser. I do have a question, it's probably very simple and once again I'll feel like an idiot. But I d/l BBay's Evolution Eve so I could try working with her and other models made around her. I also d/l Mover to make her work. Well I must be doing something wrong because I use P4 nude wmn as seed and encode. It tells me it works but I still can't use the model. Anyone got a minute to explain this? TIA

3-D Arena | Instagram | Facebook

I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use.
-Galileo

bloodsong ( ) posted Mon, 12 March 2001 at 10:59 AM

heyas; load the p4nudewom.obj (or whatever it is) as the seed file. load the whateveritis.pcf encoded file. make sure you select DECODE, not encode! than press the 'decode' button. :)

3-DArena ( ) posted Mon, 12 March 2001 at 11:14 AM

I tried that originally... same results, it says file converted, but I still can't use it..... I'll try again...

I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use.
-Galileo

harie ( ) posted Mon, 12 March 2001 at 11:24 AM

Hi Lady Do you have put the encoded obj-file in the right folder? Harie

Eowyn ( ) posted Mon, 12 March 2001 at 12:04 PM

I don't know the first thing about Eve (is she free or do you have to pay for her btw?) but I just wanted to give my fingers some excercise and say 'welcome' ;D

CharlieBrown ( ) posted Mon, 12 March 2001 at 12:42 PM

IIRC, Eve 1.0 was free, but the current version is not.

Styxx ( ) posted Mon, 12 March 2001 at 3:01 PM

just wanted to say welcome silverladymage! :)

Moonbiter ( ) posted Mon, 12 March 2001 at 4:11 PM

Attached Link: http://morphs.bbay.com/html/eve_stuff.html

Eowyn, here is the link to the Eve section on morph world. http://morphs.bbay.com/html/eve_stuff.html . She is still free.

3-DArena ( ) posted Mon, 12 March 2001 at 4:40 PM

hmmm... maybe I put her in the wrong folder? I put her in characters/new figures it didn't tell me where to put her... Thank you all for the welcome. I've made 2 poser figures but you are all so good that I'm too embarassed to show them :)

-Galileo

rwilliams ( ) posted Mon, 12 March 2001 at 5:14 PM

I believe the generated obj file has to go into the same geometry folder as the p4nudewom.obj. Then it should work. WELCOME!

rwilliams ( ) posted Mon, 12 March 2001 at 5:20 PM

It's me again. The total path if you installed everything in the default directory is: C:Program FilesMetaCreationsPoser 4RuntimeGeometriesP4NudeWoman******.obj I have EveV3.obj and P4Evolution.obj and P4NWEveV3.obj there to name a few, so it depends on the Eve version I guess. But that is where the generated obj file should go. Hope that helps.

3-DArena ( ) posted Mon, 12 March 2001 at 5:29 PM

So if i move the encoded obj to that folder it should work? Thank you all so much! You've been very helpful & not the slightest bit patronizing to a newbie user. I appreciate that.

-Galileo

rwilliams ( ) posted Mon, 12 March 2001 at 5:36 PM

Last time I promise. The cr2 and rsr files can go into any character folder. Example: C:Program FilesMetaCreationsPoser 4RuntimeLibrariescharacterRorschachNew Eve V3.rsr

rwilliams ( ) posted Mon, 12 March 2001 at 5:40 PM

I lied. The old DOS path command was great to tell programs where to look for files, but can you imagine what type of path command would be needed for one Poser character. It is amazing how complicated they have made it. If the same texture is used 10 times on a character, and you don't put the texture where it is expected, Poser will ask you 10 times where it is. You would think after you told it once, it could figure it out from there.

3-DArena ( ) posted Mon, 12 March 2001 at 5:44 PM

So it's the pcf (or is that pvf LOL) file and the obj that go in with the p4 nude woman? See i put them all in t the same folder. I noticed that about the textures while using Sharkey's great Solaria Character

-Galileo

3-DArena ( ) posted Mon, 12 March 2001 at 5:46 PM

Laffin at myself because I'nm sure this isn't as complicated for anyone else but me. Suddenly I'll get it and that lightbulb will go off. Then I just wanna smack myself BG

-Galileo

rwilliams ( ) posted Mon, 12 March 2001 at 5:54 PM

I think the pcf file can be deleted once it is decoded by Mover. It is just a way of sharing a character without passing the original geometry in a usable form. My personal opinion is that Mover is one of the BIGGEST pains we have to deal with in this community. I can see the need if someone is sharing a non-standard Poser geaometry, but to use it on P4NudeWom.obj makes no sense at all. EVERYONE that has Poser, either legally or bootlegged, should have this file. It is a core file that so much else is built on. But there is a need to protect intellectual property like Vicky or Mike which are pay characters. That is when Mover makes sense. That is just my opinion, and I may be wrong. Maybe there is more to it then I understand.

Maz ( ) posted Wed, 11 July 2001 at 6:32 PM

Hi rwilliams, I've only just seen this thread as I've been off doing other things for a few months. You might regard Mover as the BIGGEST pain you have to deal with, but it's protecting your arse (ass in USA). If you distribute a figure on this or any other site that has been derived from Dork or Posette it can be used by people who don't have Poser at all. For instance if you have 3D Exploration, or Max, or Rhino, or a host of other programs you would have direct access to the mesh which is definitely copyrighted by DAZ. That's what DAZ are worried about. I'm always open to considering ways of making Mover easier to use, but so far nobody has actually e-mailed me and asked me to do it. And at least it's free. If I'd had 50c for each copy that has been downloaded I could have had one hell of a holiday. But you are right that you can delete the pcf file once you have decoded it. Cheers, Maz

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.