Tue, Oct 1, 9:34 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 01 3:49 pm)

Subject: Joint parameter problem

xantor ( ) posted Thu, 08 December 2005 at 12:09 AM · edited Tue, 01 October 2024 at 9:31 PM

file_310610.gif

I am trying to convert this figure to work in poser but the thigh joint wont work right, how do I fix this to make it work?

xantor ( ) posted Thu, 08 December 2005 at 12:10 AM

file_310611.gif

Here are the bend settings for the thigh.

EnglishBob ( ) posted Thu, 08 December 2005 at 4:03 AM

I think this is probably a job for the spherical fall-off zones. Try turning them on (if they aren't already) and adjusting the zones to exclude the pig's belly. The inner zone will need to encompass the leg in its entirety, or some bits of it will be left behind. The outer zone can be shrunk until you get the effect you want. I find it helpful to set the element view to wireframe when adjusting fall-off spheres (and magnet zones) - it makes it easier to see the shape of the zone in 3D.

xantor ( ) posted Thu, 08 December 2005 at 5:25 AM

I tried that and making the inner zone a lot smaller badly distorted the leg, making it slightly smaller had no effect. Making the inner zone larger than the outer one had the same effect as in post 1.

EnglishBob ( ) posted Thu, 08 December 2005 at 5:39 AM

Sure. The inner zone should be as small as it can be without distorting the leg when it's bent. The outer zone will determine where the bend effect stops entirely, so nothing outside it will be affected. It will probably need to be slightly larger than the inner zone, but maybe not much. You may also need to experiment with the shape of the zones to get optimum results (separate x, y and z scaling).

xantor ( ) posted Thu, 08 December 2005 at 2:57 PM

Thank you I got it fixed.

byAnton ( ) posted Sun, 11 December 2005 at 5:03 AM

file_310613.gif

You do want to use Spherical Falloffs but the handlebars should avoid the seams more. Just something I would suggest trying.

-Anton, creator of Apollo Maximus
"Conviction without truth is denial; Denial in the face of truth is concealment."

Over 100,000 Downloads....

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.