Sat, Oct 5, 6:09 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 05 5:47 am)

Subject: This place needs a server overhaul ... Its TOO SLOW !!!!

Dave-So ( ) posted Sat, 10 December 2005 at 8:40 AM · edited Sat, 05 October 2024 at 6:09 AM

I love Rendo ... have been here since it started or shortly thereafter, but this server slowness is just getting a bit old. The pleasure of coming here is about worn off with how long it takes to access a page, or to do just about anything. With all the cash that flows into the store, you would think some infrastructure upgrade would or could be done. Let's get with it already, Bondware

Humankind has not woven the web of life. We are but one thread within it.
Whatever we do to the web, we do to ourselves. All things are bound together.
All things connect......Chief Seattle, 1854

wolf359 ( ) posted Sat, 10 December 2005 at 8:54 AM

yep!! i use tabbed browsing and hang out over at DAZ/CGtalk while waiting for one page of rosity to load in another tab and im on true broadband ;-/

My website

YouTube Channel

cherokee69 ( ) posted Sat, 10 December 2005 at 8:54 AM

I agree with you Dave. It's not a pleasure to come here and look around or when you try to search for something in the forums and you click search and it just sits there or times out. Seems Rosity needs a COMPLETE hardware overhaul. I can now understand why so many people have left in the past. I'm on DSL and no other site is as slow as Rosity is.

SamTherapy ( ) posted Sat, 10 December 2005 at 9:10 AM

Agree with you guys. This is a real pain in the backside now. I have a 2 meg connection and this site is beyond a joke.

Coppula eam se non posit acceptera jocularum.

My Store

My Gallery

CODY ( ) posted Sat, 10 December 2005 at 9:15 AM

It's not just here........ Some of the other sites are the same way...... I've always got a couple of forums goin' at the same time also just to pass the time of the slower ones!

maxxxmodelz ( ) posted Sat, 10 December 2005 at 9:33 AM

Well, I have to admit... I've never been to a site with more SQL errors or hangups than this one. Hope they get it sorted.

Tools :  3dsmax 2015, Daz Studio 4.6, PoserPro 2012, Blender v2.74

System: Pentium QuadCore i7, under Win 8, GeForce GTX 780 / 2GB GPU.

1358 ( ) posted Sat, 10 December 2005 at 10:29 AM

same here, although with a twist. I have slowness problems with my PC at home (highspeed broadband) where, I can dial up, and wait for a things to heat up. When I go in to work and use my Mac there, same high speed broadband, actually the same Service Provider, Rendo pops up and sings. and get this, the Mac at work is slower than the PC I have at home (800 Mhrz Mac versus 1.2 Ghrz PC). My next home computer is going to be from a fruit company.

maclean ( ) posted Sat, 10 December 2005 at 11:09 AM

I mostly don't bother coming here now. It's just too painful to have to wait. Coming to Rosity on the net is a bit like finding an Amish community in Central Park, New York. If Rosity had a belief system based around antique code, I'd respect that. But they don't. They just won't bite the bullet and catch up with the rest of civilisation. Fair enough, but don't expect me to waste hours trying to get into the site. There are too many other sites to visit. mac

operaguy ( ) posted Sat, 10 December 2005 at 11:37 AM

Agree this is a fine forum, but delays and SQL errors are actually embarassing and not professional. And this IS a professional site, charging professional money for product. I experienced a window of 48 hours about 10 days ago when this server operated well. Very fast, snappy and responsive. I THOUGHT THEY HAD INSTALLED A NEW SERVER! Appppppppaaaaeeerrntly noooooootttttttttt. ::::: Opera :::::

artnik ( ) posted Sat, 10 December 2005 at 1:51 PM · edited Sat, 10 December 2005 at 1:54 PM

As someone who's been a member almost since the beginning, I, too, am really getting ticked at the lack of speed here. I haven't seen any site this slow. This is the only site I have problems with. I can't even use the search. I'm on broadband too. When I was on dial-up I thought it was me. Now I see it's the site. PLEASE R'osity, do something!

Message edited on: 12/10/2005 13:54

pakled ( ) posted Sat, 10 December 2005 at 2:06 PM

well, they did add a new server..I think they're just a victim of their own popularity..hardly anytime I logon, the on-line count is somewhere north of 2,000

I wish I'd said that.. The Staircase Wit

anahl nathrak uth vas betude doth yel dyenvey..;)

TamiL ( ) posted Sat, 10 December 2005 at 2:11 PM · edited Sat, 10 December 2005 at 2:14 PM

I don't spend much time here in the forums anymore. It's just too frustrating trying to get the pages to load. I am also on a broadband connection of 4MB to 6MB (speed depends on Comcast, LOL) Todays connection speed 4096 kbps download............time to post reply.................60 secs. Thats just not right.

Message edited on: 12/10/2005 14:14

Niles ( ) posted Sat, 10 December 2005 at 2:25 PM

How long has it been like this... 6 months, 8 months...?More than once I have just said Forget it and surfed to a more releable site.

Chris ( ) posted Sun, 11 December 2005 at 5:19 AM

its not the server they have ... its the software they running ... Rosity should think about to install better, faster or maybe only newer software :) Chris

"It Is Useless To Resist!" - Darth Vader

cherokee69 ( ) posted Sun, 11 December 2005 at 5:37 AM

It's not the software. Runtime DNA is using the same software and it runs like a charm without any of this crap that's happening at Rosity. Well, not real sure what it is. I just ran a check of runtimedna.com and renderosity.com and they are both running on the same domain servers according to checkdomain.com. All I know is someting really needs to be address and fixed with this problem Rosity seems to be having. They are going to end up messing around and end up with no one coming here because of the crappy way this runs. I'm like Niles, the first sign of problem, I just leave and go someone where else that loads faster and doesn't have error pages popping up everytime you click a link for another page.

cherokee69 ( ) posted Sun, 11 December 2005 at 5:50 AM

Funny thing about all this, when I wrote the above message, everything seems to work OK but when I clicked the Post Reply button, nothing happened. After sitting there for 5 minutes and the page still hadn't refreshed. When the page finally did refresh, I got that Page Cannot Be Displayed error screen. I just close the browser thinking my post had been lost. Surprising, when I was able to get back in, my post was here and not lost in cyberspace somewhere.

Zatanna ( ) posted Sun, 11 December 2005 at 11:10 AM

Try it when you just bought some stuff. Timed out. Maxed out. No more download attempts available. AAAARRRRGH!! Yes, I notified them.

aeilkema ( ) posted Mon, 12 December 2005 at 3:59 AM

I agree! If they don't want to spent some extra cash then I've got a few other solution. [1] Get rid of the Hot20 and all other voting stuff to free up bandwith. [2] Get rid of the those forums hardly ever used, there's quite a number of them still around. [3] Stop sponsoring contests and promoting other contest. Often the contest that are being sposorend by Renderosity are contraversial anyway. [4] Do not allow OT anymore, saves lot of bandwith again. Some of the forums have more off topics then on topics. [5] ALL OF US MUST BOYCOTT Renderosity until this problem is solved. But I do prefer the other for or..... But the easy solution is to spent some of all of that revenue Renderosity is making each month into improvements. With all of the sales going on each day, I don't see why this can't be done.

Artwork and 3DToons items, create the perfect place for you toon and other figures!

http://www.renderosity.com/mod/bcs/index.php?vendor=23722

Due to the childish TOS changes, I'm not allowed to link to my other products outside of Rendo anymore :(

Food for thought.....
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pYZw0dfLmLk

Dave-So ( ) posted Mon, 12 December 2005 at 6:17 AM

I thought about the boycott thing ... but I think that would only hurt us ... we're the ones using the place. The OT stuff is pretty much under control .. most of the time, but this thread is a perfect example of OT ... except its necessary. The rest ...yeah .. be gone ... a couple of contests now and again are nice, although I rarely enter any. the main thing is for them to fixc the software or the hardware, or both ..depending on where the culprit lies.

Humankind has not woven the web of life. We are but one thread within it.
Whatever we do to the web, we do to ourselves. All things are bound together.
All things connect......Chief Seattle, 1854

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.