Tue, Sep 24, 1:29 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 24 12:33 pm)

Subject: A Circuit Patterned Skin Overlay for Veronica? Does one exist?

WinterRose ( ) posted Sun, 11 December 2005 at 11:44 PM ยท edited Tue, 24 September 2024 at 1:23 PM

A lot of you may remember the opening credits for the bond movie, tomorrow never dies. Where you had ambulatory, yet hollow woman shaped circuitry forms dancing about. I've had an idea where I could apply such a thing to existing 2d pictures. Essentially, you do a high contrast, REALLY high rez skin overlay for Victoria. Bright yellow with purple circuitry lines on the model itself. A transparent negative space is no good cos you'd get what was behind the foreground and you couldn't apply it to the skin of an existing model. So you'd need the negative space filled in with a single colour. After that, pose ol vicky into the same pose as the model in the 2d pic, remove the negative space in photoshop after in your post work, then apply whatever filters you like to the remaining layer with JUST the circuitry, which would now be printed on your portrait of your 2d model. The one problem of course being does such a high contrast circuitry model exist for existing character models out there? Do any of you know of any? Will I actually need to sit down and do all sorts of vector graphic hand-painted circuitry work on a seam pattern for Vicky? Has anyone else played with this? Any suggestions or thoughts? -WinterRose

EnglishBob ( ) posted Mon, 12 December 2005 at 4:15 AM

Attached Link: http://www.morphography.uk.vu/dlpictures.html

file_311127.jpg

I admit I haven't seen the movie, so I can't help directly with replicating the effect; but I do have some circuit board scans on my site. If you need something more contrasty I can provide screen shots like these.

mrsparky ( ) posted Mon, 12 December 2005 at 5:56 AM

neat idea. I've considered and tried something similar myself. think a detailed 'tron'. Though I found the biggest problem is the seams. To make a circuit board photo line up correctly would be a real time consuming job. English Bobs neat picture would make life a lot easier, but you'd have to be really carefull on areas like the shoulders. I found when making the vorg series of maps the easiest soultion was to make the circuited areas fade into black. It's in freestuff here, download it and have a close look at the edges and it might help you.

Pinky - you left the lens cap of your mind on again.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.