Sat, Oct 5, 7:22 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Photoshop

Welcome to the Photoshop Forum

Forum Moderators: Wolfenshire, Deenamic Forum Coordinators: Anim8dtoon

Photoshop F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 19 10:49 pm)

Our mission is to provide an open community and unique environment where anyone interested in learning more about Adobe Photoshop can share their experience and knowledge, post their work for review and critique by their peers, and learn new techniques while developing the skills that allow each individual to realize their own unique artistic vision. We do not limit this forum to any style of work, and we strongly encourage people of all levels and interests to participate.

Are you up to the challenge??
Sharpen your Photoshop skill with this monthly challenge...

Checkout the Renderosity MarketPlace - Your source for digital art content!

Subject: image ready animation for screensaver

shadowrelm ( ) posted Mon, 21 November 2005 at 10:59 AM · edited Sat, 05 October 2024 at 7:18 AM

I just made a cool animation in imageready and would like to turn it into a screensaver. How do I do this?

gillbrooks ( ) posted Mon, 21 November 2005 at 11:18 AM

You need a screensaver creator programme. There are hundreds around, many are free but mostly only do slideshows. YOu need one that will use animated gifs, MOV or flash (not sure how you saved your file) and none of those are free. 2 good options for that type are AnimateIt or Active Media Eclipse or Active Media Storm. If you don't want to fork out for these programmes, IM me and if you can get your animation to me I can create the screensaver for you

Gill

Thelby ( ) posted Mon, 05 December 2005 at 1:06 AM

I make animated GIFs with Xara3D, mostly texts. I will save the product in my "PICTURES" file, that's where all my Wallpaper is stored, I can then go the desktop and right click on it and set my animated GIF as Wallpaper. It then runs on my desktop like a Screensaver. I am unsure if will work for an ImageReady Document, but I don't see why it would not. I used this method with other peoples "FREE" Animated GIFs and it still works.

I would rather be Politically Incorrect,
Then have Politically Correct-Incorrectness!!!

staigermanus ( ) posted Wed, 07 December 2005 at 7:53 PM

Attached Link: http://www.irfanview.com

Try Irfanview (on PC) - it has standalone executable export for slideshows, as well as .scr for screensaver export. www.irfanview.com I'm looking into another one that may become (hopefully) a plugin for Dogwaffle.

Sans2012 ( ) posted Tue, 13 December 2005 at 8:47 PM

If you can use animated giff extension for screen savers, imageready exports to this format. Go to "Save for web" set to "animated gif" at max for best results and there you go.

I never intended to make art.

staigermanus ( ) posted Tue, 13 December 2005 at 10:12 PM

I'm not an expert at this but I think a screensaver file ends in .scr, and is an executable of some sorts, although it may have the ability of running animated gifs or avi and others. With irfanview, you can certainly package a bunch of images, animated Gifs and mp3 sound files into a screen saver. It's one thing to produce the media bits, it's another to present it as a screensaver application. I would not recommend animated Gif unless you don't care about the lack of colors. A frame in a Gif or Animated gif is 8-bit deep and this only 256 colors deep. In some cases that's alright. Hey, it's only a screensaver :-) but for some it's important to see the thousands or millions of colors of the images in the show.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.