Wed, Sep 25, 3:26 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 25 2:58 pm)

Subject: Posing was never so easy

Dimension3D ( ) posted Tue, 13 December 2005 at 2:51 PM ยท edited Wed, 25 September 2024 at 3:25 PM

Attached Link: Dimension3D Free Stuff

file_311267.png

I made a Python script that allows to pose several actors at once. For example, you can control all fingers of one hand at once. Unlike the grasp or spread dials, you have far more control because you can change for each finger as well as for each segment how much it is affected. (The settings in the image above make a pointing index finger.) And you can also use the script to pose the full legs or arms or other parts of the body.

You can download the script from my free stuff here at Renderosity (use the link above).

BTW, I think the script will run on Poser 5 and up only at the moment. It would be great if someone can test it on ProPack and adjust it accordingly.

Dimension 3D - Poser Tools, Poser Props and Morphs, Cinema 4D Plugins, and more

Renderosity Store / D3D Web Site

mathman ( ) posted Tue, 13 December 2005 at 3:04 PM

randym77 ( ) posted Tue, 13 December 2005 at 3:24 PM

Wow, this looks interesting. I'll have to check it out!

msg24_7 ( ) posted Tue, 13 December 2005 at 3:52 PM

Looking ver interesting... Thanks!

Yesterday's the past, tomorrow's the future, but today is a gift. That's why it's called the present.

nickedshield ( ) posted Tue, 13 December 2005 at 5:32 PM

You're right, it doesn't work with ProPack. Rats:(

I must remember to remember what it was I had to remember.

elizabyte ( ) posted Tue, 13 December 2005 at 6:23 PM

Wow, cool! Looks very useful, thank you! bonni

"When a man gives his opinion, he's a man. When a woman gives her opinion, she's a bitch." - Bette Davis

DVTVFilm ( ) posted Tue, 13 December 2005 at 8:13 PM

How about a MAC version? We hate to be left out...

Acadia ( ) posted Tue, 13 December 2005 at 8:18 PM

That looks very useful. Can someone tell me briefly how to use it in Poser? I don't know how to use scripts other than to compress my files and WW, and both of those show up in the little script window.

"It is good to see ourselves as others see us. Try as we may, we are never
able to know ourselves fully as we are, especially the evil side of us.
This we can do only if we are not angry with our critics but will take in good
heart whatever they might have to say." - Ghandi

Hawkfyr ( ) posted Tue, 13 December 2005 at 8:24 PM

Kinda like "intentionally controlled crosstalk". Really cool. Thanks Tom

โ€œThe fact that no one understands youโ€ฆDoesnโ€™t make you an artist.โ€

linkdink ( ) posted Tue, 13 December 2005 at 10:24 PM

This sounds great, many thanks!

Gallery

Berserga ( ) posted Tue, 13 December 2005 at 10:47 PM

This looks REALLY useful Thanks a million!! ^_^

R_Hatch ( ) posted Wed, 14 December 2005 at 12:34 AM

Acadia: once you've downloaded the PY file and put it in a folder where you want it, just click on an empty button on the Python scripts window, and then browse to where your new script is. Click the button again to run the script.

Acadia ( ) posted Wed, 14 December 2005 at 12:54 AM

Dimension3D ( ) posted Wed, 14 December 2005 at 3:57 AM

*How about a MAC version? We hate to be left out...*I don't have a MAC that's why I usually check "PC only". I don't know whether it runs on a MAC or not, you may try. Like for ProPack, if there is someone that can test it and maybe adjust it to run on a MAC, it would be great.

Can someone tell me briefly how to use it in Poser?

You can also add the script to RuntimePythonposerScriptsmainButtons.py to have it in the Python menu each time you run Poser. Should be obvious how to change the file when you open it in a text editor.

mkmike ( ) posted Wed, 14 December 2005 at 4:14 AM

Thank you sooo much!!

Acadia ( ) posted Wed, 14 December 2005 at 6:26 AM

Quote - add the script to RuntimePythonposerScriptsmainButtons.py to have it in the Python menu each time you run Poser. Should be obvious how to change the file when you open it in a text editor.

Thank you :) I added that to the readme and rezipped the file so I'll remember in the future if I have to ever reinstall it again. I was trying to pose hands in a prayer-type pose, and trying to adjust all the fingers so that they looked "clasped" together was beyond frustrating.

Acadia ( ) posted Wed, 14 December 2005 at 7:21 AM

Just a note. I discovered that you can only have "10" lines in the mainButtons.py. I already have Wardrobe Wizard in there so it's visible in the Python Scripts menu, and that makes 10 entries. Seems rather silly for Poser to be limited to only allowing you the ability to add one additional script to the buttons :(

Dimension3D ( ) posted Wed, 14 December 2005 at 9:19 AM

*I discovered that you can only have "10" lines in the mainButtons.py.*You can use a kind of sub-menus. mainButtons.py is just the start script to initially define the menu buttons. You can use other scripts to redefine the menu buttons and call them from mainButtons.py. And if you include mainButtons.py in these other scripts, you can switch back to the main buttons again.

Indoda ( ) posted Wed, 14 December 2005 at 9:44 AM

Thank you, this does look very useful.

The important thing is not to stop questioning.
- Albert Einstein

Indoda

Acadia ( ) posted Wed, 14 December 2005 at 2:41 PM

Quote - You can use other scripts to redefine the menu buttons and call them from mainButtons.py. And if you include mainButtons.py in these other scripts, you can switch back to the main buttons again.

stares blankly I have no idea what you just said. All I know is it involves "code" and a script to make a script work (or something like that). LOL The only "scripting" that I'm familiar with is the "Hollywood" kind, hehe

Dimension3D ( ) posted Wed, 14 December 2005 at 3:11 PM

*I have no idea what you just said.*Sorry. You need no real code or scripting. Just copy/paste the code from mainButtons.py to a new py-file and replace the strings with the scripts and the button labels as you did in mainButtons.py. Save it as a new py-file. Then, add this new file as a script to mainButtons.py. And include mainButtons.py in your new script. Now, you can switch between these two menus, and you have place for 18 other scripts.

Acadia ( ) posted Wed, 14 December 2005 at 3:26 PM

I'll have to read that over a few times. It sorta kinda makes sense, but the light bulb hasn't gone off yet, LOL I may just stick with the accessing it through a blank button as needed. It sounds a whole lot easier :)

randym77 ( ) posted Wed, 14 December 2005 at 5:57 PM

Wow, I never thought of that. Thanks! It works great. Now I have to find myself some more scripts to install. I've got some empty butttons... ;-)

bigjobbie ( ) posted Fri, 16 December 2005 at 8:43 AM

Brilliant Utility - thanks! (and for the PY tips) Cheers

Acadia ( ) posted Mon, 02 January 2006 at 6:02 PM ยท edited Mon, 02 January 2006 at 6:03 PM

Quote - Just copy/paste the code from mainButtons.py to a new py-file and replace the strings with the scripts and the button labels as you did in mainButtons.py. Save it as a new py-file. Then, add this new file as a script to mainButtons.py. And include mainButtons.py in your new script. Now, you can switch between these two menus, and you have place for 18 other scripts.

Can someone explain this sub-menu way again? I have read and reread the instructions and I feel so dumb, but I still don't get how you get more than 1 additional script to show in the python menu in Poser.

Message edited on: 01/02/2006 18:03

Dimension3D ( ) posted Mon, 02 January 2006 at 6:56 PM

OK, I should have included the code.

In ...RuntimePythonposerScripts is a file called mainButtons.py. Open it in a text editor, and you get something like this:

import poser

poser.DefineScriptButton(1,  ":Runtime:Python:PoserScripts:script.py", "Label")
poser.DefineScriptButton(2,  "", "...")
poser.DefineScriptButton(3,  "", "...")
poser.DefineScriptButton(4,  "", "...")
poser.DefineScriptButton(5,  "", "...")
poser.DefineScriptButton(6,  "", "...")
poser.DefineScriptButton(7,  "", "...")
poser.DefineScriptButton(8,  "", "...")
poser.DefineScriptButton(9,  "", "...")
poser.DefineScriptButton(10, "", "...")

For each button, you can name a script and a label. In this example, the first button has the script script.py and the label Label.

To create a submenu, fill in other scripts and labels and save it as submenuButtons.py (or whatever you like) in the ...RuntimePythonposerScripts folder. Use the following to replace the final line:

poser.DefineScriptButton(10, ":Runtime:Python:PoserScripts:mainButtons.py", ">> Main Menu")

In mainButtons.py, you must add a call to the sub menu. Replace the final line by:

poser.DefineScriptButton(10, ":Runtime:Python:PoserScripts:submenuButtons.py", ">> Sub Menu")

Now, You can switch from the main menu to the sub menu and back with the last button of the menus. Of cource, you can create as many submenus you like, link them from any button in any menu script you like, and use any label you like.

I hope this helps.

Acadia ( ) posted Mon, 02 January 2006 at 8:15 PM

Quote - In mainButtons.py, you must add a call to the sub menu. Replace the final line by: poser.DefineScriptButton(10, ":Runtime:Python:PoserScripts:submenuButtons.py", ">> Sub Menu")

So what you are saying is that instead of where I have "Wardrobe Wizard" in the python menu list, the button will say "Subscripts" or whatever I named the new file? Then I just click that and it will show all of the new scripts I have, including Wardrobe Wizard? Ok, now that you explained it in more detail, it seems clear. Thanks again :) Sorry to be so dense when it comes to stuff like this. I've only had a computer for 5 years and have never done much with it other than surf the net and make graphics, so lots of things are really new to me.

Dimension3D ( ) posted Mon, 02 January 2006 at 8:39 PM

*So what you are saying is that instead of where I have "Wardrobe Wizard" in the python menu list, the button will say "Subscripts" or whatever I named the new file? Then I just click that and it will show all of the new scripts I have, including Wardrobe Wizard?*Yes. Running the script "submenuButtons.py" will redefine the Python menu buttons with the new scripts/labels. You can place the scripts for the (sub)menus and for the real scrips on any button and in any menu you like. Just be sure you can get from mainButtons.py to your submenus and from all submenus back to mainButtons.

Acadia ( ) posted Mon, 02 January 2006 at 9:23 PM

While I was doing this, I think I saw that it's possible to make submenus of the submenu. I'll have to look at that when I'm a bit more awake, because usually if something involves dealving into more than the top layer, I get myself confused, LOL A good thing I'm not a surgeon :P Thanks again for the great script and the tip on how to be able to access it and a few others in the python menu :)

Svigor ( ) posted Wed, 11 January 2006 at 3:42 PM

I don't want to sound condescending, but if you just open up the script files and play around with them for a while you should be able to figure out the syntax. HTML is probably harder.

Acadia ( ) posted Wed, 11 January 2006 at 4:10 PM

Quote - I don't want to sound condescending, but if you just open up the script files and play around with them for a while you should be able to figure out the syntax

Perhaps for you it might be as easy as that, and if it is, good for you. I wish stuff like that were as easy for me, but alas, it isn't.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.