Mon, Oct 21, 11:22 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Carrara

Welcome to the Carrara Forum

Forum Coordinators: Kalypso

Carrara F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 21 3:26 am)

Visit the Carrara Gallery here.

Carrara Free Stuff here.

Visit the Renderosity MarketPlace - Your source for digital art content!

Subject: Incompatible figures error in 5 Pro Trial Edition

MarkHirst ( ) posted Wed, 14 December 2005 at 3:45 PM · edited Mon, 22 July 2024 at 8:16 PM

So far, only one PZ3 file has imported successfully. One figure comes in with it's hair half way down her head while several others generate a 'Comform error (incompatible figures)' message. Her hands are missing and the figure is unposed. After clicking OK, Carrara becomes unusable with elements of the UI completely unresponsive. I'm not sure what this can mean as all the figures are V3 based and I'd assume she'd be compatible, being so widely used. Carrara generated an error shortly after first use but I've exited and reloaded so hopefully that isn't a factor. Any ideas?

www.CambrianMoons.com

MarkBremmer ( ) posted Wed, 14 December 2005 at 4:23 PM

Are you importing with Transposer or the Native importer? Is the hair dynamic?

MarkHirst ( ) posted Thu, 15 December 2005 at 1:49 AM

I'm using File->Import and selecting the file if that answers the first question. The figure comes from Poser 4 Artist. Am I right in thinking dynamic hair is Poser 5 and above?

www.CambrianMoons.com

ren_mem ( ) posted Thu, 15 December 2005 at 6:18 PM

Yes..I believe so...big diff between 4 and up.

No need to think outside the box....
    Just make it invisible.

MarkBremmer ( ) posted Fri, 16 December 2005 at 9:25 AM

Hi Mark I've just finished a variety of Poser imports for a project and all the hair came in correctly. So, there is probably something with the additional prop and how it's connected to the figure. I'm still not clear on whether you are using the Native importer or the Transposer option. Does your imported figure also display the bones/rigging? Mark

MarkHirst ( ) posted Fri, 16 December 2005 at 10:15 AM

Hi Mark, The scene files are ones I've used elsewhere in DAZ Studio Bryce 5.5 and Vue Esprit, seemingly without a problem, well OK, that's a slight exaggeration, Vue crashes so often, how would I tell? :-( I used File -> Import off the menus, and then selected the PZ3 file. I don't recall using a special tool or interface so I guess that means I didn't use Transposer. The figure appears to have a stick figure like skeleton within it and I've managed to pose the figures using it, albeit rather awkwardly since Carrara seems quite unresponsive when working with the figure. Save and load times for the .CAR file are glacial with the scene, I don't know if that's indicative of another problem.

www.CambrianMoons.com

ren_mem ( ) posted Sat, 17 December 2005 at 1:03 AM

See this you may find it informative. I think anything dynamic needs transposer2...don't know if the native import ignores it or throws an error. http://www.eovia3d.net/showthread.php?t=5320

No need to think outside the box....
    Just make it invisible.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.