Thu, Sep 19, 8:37 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 19 6:38 pm)

Subject: Arggghhh! The lips, the lips!!!

lemur01 ( ) posted Fri, 16 December 2005 at 11:23 AM · edited Wed, 04 September 2024 at 3:54 PM

What is it with these 'suction cup' lips! They are NOT attractive... they don't even look real fgs! Yet almost every merchant can't seem to resist plonking these hideously deformed lips on every new character. Please, someone back me up... surely i'm not in a minority of one here. Ok, rant over... maybe it's just me getting old. Jack

PhilC ( ) posted Fri, 16 December 2005 at 11:43 AM

I take it that you have not met Gladys Emmanuel? She may redress the balance :)

philc_agatha_white_on_black.jpg

artnik ( ) posted Fri, 16 December 2005 at 11:43 AM

I agree with you! They dont look attractive to me at all. In fact,I avoid D/L'ing any item that has them. It can spoil an otherwise great looking model.

lemur01 ( ) posted Fri, 16 December 2005 at 11:56 AM

Ummm are we talking about the same Gladys Emmanuel from 'open all hours'? God i hope not, scary lady that. Jack

AlleyKatArt ( ) posted Fri, 16 December 2005 at 11:59 AM

I don't THINK any of my products have suction cup lips...

Kreations By Khrys

SamTherapy ( ) posted Fri, 16 December 2005 at 12:04 PM

"What is it with these 'suction cup' lips! They are NOT attractive... they don't even look real fgs! Yet almost every merchant can't seem to resist plonking these hideously deformed lips on every new character. Please, someone back me up... surely i'm not in a minority of one here." Totally agree. You won't get that in any of my packs, either.

Coppula eam se non posit acceptera jocularum.

My Store

My Gallery

artnik ( ) posted Fri, 16 December 2005 at 12:26 PM

For those, like myself, who haven't seen or heard of Gladys Emmanuel,who is she and where can we see her?

bjt860 ( ) posted Fri, 16 December 2005 at 12:32 PM

I agree. I don't even like Anglina Jolie's lips. If I think a model's lips looks like hers, I'll pass.

AlleyKatArt ( ) posted Fri, 16 December 2005 at 12:38 PM

Attached Link: http://www.petticoated.com/gemmanuel1S04.jpeg

http://www.petticoated.com/gemmanuel1S04.jpeg

Kreations By Khrys

rockets ( ) posted Fri, 16 December 2005 at 1:05 PM

I don't like them either, but you can always do what I do and turn the dials to your liking. I usually buy a character because I like the texture and if I don't like something about the face then I just change it.

My idea of rebooting is kicking somebody in the butt twice!

steveshanks ( ) posted Fri, 16 December 2005 at 1:55 PM

"scary lady that" you think shes scary?, wait till you see Phils Gladys :o)........Steve

JRey ( ) posted Fri, 16 December 2005 at 2:07 PM

It's not so much how those lips look ... it is what they do they makes them ever popular with some.

dricci ( ) posted Fri, 16 December 2005 at 3:11 PM

I like thin lips too!!!!

MissTara ( ) posted Fri, 16 December 2005 at 4:34 PM

Personally, I think those types of lips are beautiful. I love the lips of women like Angelina Jolie, Jeri Ryan, and Scarlett Johansson. I'm female, if that matters. Of course, I like thinner lips, too. But I do honestly think lips that are more plump are usually prettier. Besides, it's easy to change that one part of a character if you don't like it.

Acadia ( ) posted Fri, 16 December 2005 at 5:15 PM

Attached Link: http://www.awfulplasticsurgery.com

If you want to see "bad" and "ugly", check out that link. Scroll down to the bottom and there is a month by month archive on the right hand side, going back to 2003.

"It is good to see ourselves as others see us. Try as we may, we are never
able to know ourselves fully as we are, especially the evil side of us.
This we can do only if we are not angry with our critics but will take in good
heart whatever they might have to say." - Ghandi

TrekkieGrrrl ( ) posted Fri, 16 December 2005 at 6:12 PM

I'm a woman and I don't like those bee stung lips either. I usually buy characters for their textures though, so it doesn't really matter to me, I almost never use the included morphs, it's much more fun creating your own :o)

FREEBIES! | My Gallery | My Store | My FB | Tumblr |
You just can't put the words "Poserites" and "happy" in the same sentence - didn't you know that? LaurieA
  Using Poser since 2002. Currently at Version 11.1 - Win 10.

willowelf ( ) posted Fri, 16 December 2005 at 7:14 PM

I like plump lips :) Although some folks really do "over do" them.

mickmca ( ) posted Sat, 17 December 2005 at 7:06 AM

"suction cup lips"? Didn't you just answer your own question? M

destro75 ( ) posted Sat, 17 December 2005 at 7:53 AM

I like pouty lips. Angelina Jolie has great lips. It's really a matter of taste. I do agree that some around here are quite overdone though.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.