Sun, Sep 22, 2:28 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Photography

Welcome to the Photography Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, Deenamic Forum Coordinators: Anim8dtoon

Photography F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 18 12:22 pm)

Subject: Fisherman's Shack

Lisas_Botanicals ( ) posted Wed, 14 March 2001 at 7:42 PM ยท edited Sun, 22 September 2024 at 12:40 AM

file_155083.jpg

I've been away from the Internet for a bit due to my cable modem not working. I'm just about caught up on work and thought I'd stop in here. I nearly finished all the messages I'd missed, too. Good to see new people here! I love the photo contest I idea and will participate. This photo was taken at sunrise. This is a seven mile long beach with little to see besides the dune fences. The fishing shack dates back tot he 1920's I think and is one of the few remaining structures from that time period. I'm interested in critique on this photo. Do you like it? Not like it? Why or why not? What I could have done with this shot to improve it from the start and also what I could do now i.e crop, filter, etc. Thanks!

Lisas_Botanicals ( ) posted Wed, 14 March 2001 at 10:14 PM

file_155084.jpg

Oh, yes! Much, much better, thank you for the example!

billglaw ( ) posted Wed, 14 March 2001 at 10:19 PM

Comment: Originally the shot is of the beach and the shack incidental! The shack is center and not large enough to be the prime item. Now I would crop the right side to where the dune and roof are the same height. Remove some forground, it moves the building closer to a natural center of interest.

Tammy ( ) posted Wed, 14 March 2001 at 10:24 PM

I like it could you have gotten a little closer to the shack? Looks like a beautiful place.

theFOG ( ) posted Wed, 14 March 2001 at 11:22 PM

Great lighting. Early morning and late evening and you usually get the best light. Try not to have your main area of focus in the exact center and to not have your horizon in the middle. Try the rule of thirds, divide the picture with two imaginary lines vertical and horizonal and place the area of interest on one of the intersections. Alpha101's image is a good example, about one third sky and two thirds for the rest, much better composition.

Lisas_Botanicals ( ) posted Thu, 15 March 2001 at 4:13 PM

Thanks for the great tips, Bill and theFOG. I'm glad I posted this. I learned a lot!

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.