Tue, Oct 22, 12:50 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / MarketPlace Showcase

Welcome to the MarketPlace Showcase Forum

Forum Moderators: Staff

MarketPlace Showcase F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 22 7:52 am)

Welcome to the MarketPlace Showcase Forum. The Showcase Forum and Gallery are intended for all commercial related postings by active Renderosity MarketPlace Vendors only. This is a highlight area where our membership is invited to review in greater detail the various art products, software and resource site subscriptions available for purchase in the Renderosity MarketPlace.

Subject: GlowWorm has Landed!

PoseWorks ( ) posted Thu, 22 December 2005 at 4:42 PM · edited Tue, 22 October 2024 at 10:27 AM

file_313636.jpg

**[GlowWorm](http://www.daz3d.com/shop.php?op=itemdetails&item=3946) is now available!** ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Reinvent your renders with GlowWorm, a Python-powered plug-in for Poser 6. GlowWorm gives Poser the power to do batch and multipass rendering, two important staples of the CG industry. Easy to learn and full of possibilities, GlowWorm brings professional rendering techniques to your home!

Features

• Poser 6 SR2 required.
  • PC Only. (Mac version coming soon!)
  • Work conveniently inside of Poser.
  • Batch Rendering
  • GlowWorm automatically renders and saves images while you do other things.
  • Create render jobs from PZ3/PZZ files or directories.
  • Force render and image output settings on render jobs.
  • Render multiple passes per scene.
  • Multi-Pass Rendering
  • Gain precise control over your images without endless re-rendering.
  • Compositing multiple passes allows you to make fast changes, add special effects and change lighting with high quality results.
  • Animators can use multiple passes to make changes that would be difficult and time consuming to make otherwise.
  • Choose from a variety of pre-configured passes, or add your own custom passes.
  • Render special effects passes using Particles 2 figures.
  • Create customized passes that employ ShaderSpider's partial shaders.
  • Compatible with your favorite compositing software, from Photoshop to Project Dogwaffle to AfterEfects to the Gimp.
  • Open-and-go interface that is easy to learn and "just makes sense."
  • The GlowWorm suite contains:
  • A library-launcher that can be used to conveniently access GlowWorm.
  • Comprehensive documentation.
  • Five (5) tutorials that range from basic to advanced.
  • Five (5) examples of compositing multipass renders (PSD files), complete with commentary.
  • All tech support for this product is handled by the creator. Please send all support related inquiries directly to Poseworks.

MPR Rendering and Compositing Links

XENOPHONZ ( ) posted Thu, 22 December 2005 at 5:29 PM

Now this looks interesting. Perhaps even GREAT......

I'll definitely need to investigate this one. If this plug-in will do some of what I hope that it does.....it'll be more than worth the money.

Thanks!

Something To Do At 3:00AM 

msg24_7 ( ) posted Thu, 22 December 2005 at 6:34 PM

Already went into my wishlist at Daz! And thanks for those links... very interesting reading.

Yesterday's the past, tomorrow's the future, but today is a gift. That's why it's called the present.

SnowSultan ( ) posted Thu, 22 December 2005 at 8:23 PM

Argh I wish they'd hurry up and release the DAZ Studio SDK so you could convert your stuff for it! ;) SnowS

my DeviantArt page: http://snowsultan.deviantart.com/

I do not speak as a representative of DAZ, I speak only as a long-time member here. Be nice (and quit lying about DAZ) and I'll be nice too.

PoseWorks ( ) posted Thu, 22 December 2005 at 11:14 PM

I think you'll be most pleased with GlowWorm :-D As for the DS SDK, well, one day it will arrive.

PapaBlueMarlin ( ) posted Sat, 24 December 2005 at 11:39 AM

This looks very cool. Are there any RAM limitations? Can you post a little more info about how the renders are composited?

PoseWorks ( ) posted Sat, 24 December 2005 at 12:05 PM

GlowWorm uses Poser's render engines to do the grunt work, so any memory limits are the same as Poser 6. There's quite a bit more info about render passes over on the DAZ thread. I just put up a sample PSD of render passes composited to recreate a normal render--you are encouraged to download it and tinker with it! We're posting our render-pass-remixes of the file over on the DAZ thread. Hope that helps!

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.