Fri, Sep 20, 10:30 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Carrara

Welcome to the Carrara Forum

Forum Coordinators: Kalypso

Carrara F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 07 1:44 am)

Visit the Carrara Gallery here.

Carrara Free Stuff here.

Visit the Renderosity MarketPlace - Your source for digital art content!

Subject: C5 update posted

MarkBremmer ( ) posted Thu, 22 December 2005 at 10:58 AM ยท edited Fri, 20 September 2024 at 10:25 AM

Attached Link: http://www.eovia.com/resources/download_update_car.asp

Hello all, For those that have C5, an update for some bugs has been posted. (Approx 6M) Mark

JasenJ1 ( ) posted Thu, 22 December 2005 at 1:03 PM ยท edited Thu, 22 December 2005 at 1:05 PM

Ugh! Would it be wrong of me to post a direct link to the downloads? Eovia's website SUCKS. It's pretty enough, but I got at least two raw VB errors while trying to jump through the hoops to access the download. And the title of the 5.02 readme page is "Carrara 4.1 Update".

And if you enter an invalid license key, how about a "Sorry, that's not a valid key" message.

Sorry, but as one who does a fair bit of web development, little things like that really bug me.

Thanks for the pointer, Mark.

Oh, and I hope this fixes the crashing problems I've been having in the shader room under OS X.

• Jasen.

Message edited on: 12/22/2005 13:05

MarkBremmer ( ) posted Thu, 22 December 2005 at 1:12 PM

Hmmmm, worked without issue for me - including the read-me and download. Maybe a browser caching issue? Let Eovia know. I'm sure they would like to address any web issues to make it a painless experience for everybody. Let's leave the links directly to the Landing page so people can choose the correct options. ;) Mark

bluetone ( ) posted Thu, 22 December 2005 at 3:55 PM

I know that the 'Content CD' download didn't work for me I any browser... BUT IE! >:( You may be having issues along those lines.

falconperigot ( ) posted Thu, 22 December 2005 at 4:50 PM

I think that web sites that only work in IE should be sent to their own special 404. :-)

BabaLouie ( ) posted Thu, 22 December 2005 at 10:02 PM

I have had no problem with Opera 8.51 or IE 6 - Sounds like you have an issue with your browser settings. BabaLouie

ShawnDriscoll ( ) posted Thu, 22 December 2005 at 11:52 PM

I right-clicked on the error page and chose refresh in IE 6 to get the download link to come up after loggin in. Make sure you reset your Carrara preferences after installing the update if you see some glitches.

www.youtube.com/user/ShawnDriscollCG

JasenJ1 ( ) posted Fri, 23 December 2005 at 8:55 AM

Microsoft VBScript runtime error '800a005e'

Invalid use of Null: 'replace'

/forms_asp/inc/mail.asp, line 58

I was able to produce the above error by entering a random email address on the "forgot password" page. I doesn't happen all the time, but it does happen. And I'm pretty sure thats coming from the server, not the browser.

Look at the

tag of the update readme. It says "Carrara 4.1 Update". Probably displayed in the title bar at the top of your browser window.

I know, I'm probably being pedantic, but that's what I get paid to do. The website probably really isn't a house of cards, but I hit several errors when I tried to get the download and it irked me. I'm feeling calmer now. B^)

• Jasen.

ShawnDriscoll ( ) posted Fri, 23 December 2005 at 11:02 AM

Probably too many people trying to log in.

www.youtube.com/user/ShawnDriscollCG

milamber42 ( ) posted Fri, 23 December 2005 at 11:18 PM

I got the same error that JasenJ1 got with both IE and Firefox, right after I registered and provided a valid email address.

milamber42 ( ) posted Fri, 23 December 2005 at 11:21 PM

OKAY....I just tried again and was able to get the downloads.....Mabye Shonner is right....

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.