Mon, Sep 16, 11:02 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 16 7:48 pm)

Subject: How is this for a Special Effect? Opinion please

beos53 ( ) posted Wed, 28 December 2005 at 1:21 AM · edited Mon, 16 September 2024 at 7:26 PM

file_315091.jpg

This is the Aiko figure No postwork, not rendered as a sketch. Rendered in Firefly with one center light.

and I didn't create a texture for this.
Is this good effect or does it...leave a bad taste in your eyes

Message edited on: 12/28/2005 01:23

Message edited on: 12/28/2005 01:25

PoserPro 2014, Windows 7, AMD FX-6300 6 core, 8 GB ram, Nvidia GeForce GTX 750 Ti

NomiGraphics ( ) posted Wed, 28 December 2005 at 1:34 AM

I personally really like it, and would love to hear how you made it :) - Noel

quixote ( ) posted Wed, 28 December 2005 at 2:30 AM

very interesting. No bad taste at all... I want more.

Un coup de dés jamais n'abolira le hazard
S Mallarmé

Acadia ( ) posted Wed, 28 December 2005 at 3:16 AM

It's very art nouveau. I like it.

"It is good to see ourselves as others see us. Try as we may, we are never
able to know ourselves fully as we are, especially the evil side of us.
This we can do only if we are not angry with our critics but will take in good
heart whatever they might have to say." - Ghandi

kuroyume0161 ( ) posted Wed, 28 December 2005 at 4:11 AM

Very interesting. It has a Daliistic feeling about it. We need more of this and less NVIATWIAS. Plus, as much as I love renders that are skimming realistic photography, in these days, it is the approach of creatism that has the flavor of art.

C makes it easy to shoot yourself in the foot. C++ makes it harder, but when you do, you blow your whole leg off.

-- Bjarne Stroustrup

Contact Me | Kuroyume's DevelopmentZone

SAMS3D ( ) posted Wed, 28 December 2005 at 4:22 AM

Very nice, is that the Rick effect? I have used that before but it has not come out like that, very nice. Sharen

barrowlass ( ) posted Wed, 28 December 2005 at 4:26 AM

cool, very unusual - do tell!

My aspiration: to make a decent Poser Render I'm an Oldie, a goldie, but not a miracle worker :-)

Gallery

Freebies

Music Vids

Marque ( ) posted Wed, 28 December 2005 at 6:50 AM

Talk talk!! Too cool please let us in on your secret! Marque

semidieu ( ) posted Wed, 28 December 2005 at 7:14 AM

Really cool ! The only two things i would say is wrong to me are the eyes and the mouth ! And i add my voice: please do tell us how you did this ! I suppose it was done with shader (ie Poser5 or Poser 6) ?

blonderella ( ) posted Wed, 28 December 2005 at 8:07 AM

wow, very kewl!! I'd love to know how you did it as well :D Karen

Say what you mean and mean what you say.

A_ ( ) posted Wed, 28 December 2005 at 10:01 AM

cool! i'd love to see it animated.

infinity10 ( ) posted Wed, 28 December 2005 at 10:03 AM

I like it. Can you do this over an image or shader background to show what it comes out like, please ?

Eternal Hobbyist

artnik ( ) posted Wed, 28 December 2005 at 12:45 PM

Bookmark. How....? You will tell us?

rowan_crisp ( ) posted Wed, 28 December 2005 at 1:54 PM

Wild. Bookmark.

beos53 ( ) posted Wed, 28 December 2005 at 3:01 PM

file_315092.jpg

I didn't know I would have this many people interested in how I did this. Here is another render with a background. I have to leave for work now, but when I get home I will explain how I did this. If no one minds I would like to call this the Beos Effect.

PoserPro 2014, Windows 7, AMD FX-6300 6 core, 8 GB ram, Nvidia GeForce GTX 750 Ti

fire_bug ( ) posted Wed, 28 December 2005 at 3:14 PM

Can't wait :-)

artistheat ( ) posted Wed, 28 December 2005 at 6:09 PM

...waiting:)

zollster ( ) posted Wed, 28 December 2005 at 7:19 PM

bkmk

infinity10 ( ) posted Wed, 28 December 2005 at 7:42 PM

Thanks for the render with background. I think you have something interesting there.

Eternal Hobbyist

Greebo ( ) posted Thu, 29 December 2005 at 2:43 AM

A truly nifty effect :)

SAMS3D ( ) posted Thu, 29 December 2005 at 4:59 AM

Yes, it is really interesting.

beos53 ( ) posted Thu, 29 December 2005 at 11:51 AM

file_315093.jpg

Sorry for the delay in posting how I did this effect (if you can really call it that, now that I figured out how I did it) I worked a Double last night as I did Monday night. I was rather tired after I got home Monday night and the result of what I did was by total accident. I was working on a character with confusius Morphhair II as the hair, I had put in several math and lighting nodes on the figutre it self. As I said I was rather tired and somehow transferred the settings for hair to the body of the figure. When I rendered the figure I really liked what I did, I thought all the math and light were doing something wonderful (I didn't like the hair on the figure, so I took it off). I could change the color of the figure, I thought it was fantastic. About an hour ago when I went into poser to see how I did this, that is when I noticed only two nodes were attached to the figure, the curlstex and the curlstrans from the hair. All the other nodes were still there, just not attached. I removed all the non-attatched nodes and that just left the curlstex and curlstrans nodes, rendered it came out just like this. So to make a long story short the figure has the curlstex and curlstrans from confusius Morphhair II attached to it and that is all. I thought I really did have something here, well anyway... Sorry it couldn't have been something more sophisticated. I think I will try it with another hair and hair trans to see what that does. Here is a pic of the settings I used

artistheat ( ) posted Thu, 29 December 2005 at 11:55 AM

Thank for the info:)...Simple but Very Cool

Acadia ( ) posted Thu, 29 December 2005 at 5:38 PM

Ahhh, so it's not possible unless you have that particular hair and texture. Too bad. Still it's a lovey effect.

beos53 ( ) posted Thu, 29 December 2005 at 8:15 PM · edited Thu, 29 December 2005 at 8:29 PM

Acadia: yes it is possible with other type hair.
I just posted a pic in the Gallery under Poser/Abstract. "Art is the Eye of the beholder...or not"
Take a look at it
And thank you for the complement and even though this is not as difficult as even I first thought, I thank everyone for wanting to know how it was done.
By the way that Confusius hair is still a freebie

Message edited on: 12/29/2005 20:16

Message edited on: 12/29/2005 20:29

beos53 ( ) posted Mon, 02 January 2006 at 1:50 AM

Attached Link: http://webpages.charter.net/swieg123456/alldivx.avi

A_ You wanted to see an animation of this I posted a rough one here

A_ ( ) posted Mon, 02 January 2006 at 3:01 AM

thanks! this is so cool. this realy makes an interesting effect. and you can "put things" inside her - like a heart or something. very neat. :)

Acadia ( ) posted Mon, 02 January 2006 at 5:11 AM

Wow, that animation looks good. In parts of it she looks like glass. Very nice.

quixote ( ) posted Mon, 02 January 2006 at 12:05 PM

wonderful

Un coup de dés jamais n'abolira le hazard
S Mallarmé

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.