Sun, Sep 22, 12:36 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Contest Announcements

Welcome to the Contest Announcements Forum

Forum Moderators: Deenamic, msansing Forum Coordinators: Anim8dtoon

Contest Announcements F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 21 7:26 pm)

Subject: when will holiday contest results come in?

Redcore ( ) posted Wed, 28 December 2005 at 7:41 PM

Right. I heard of the bad contests from here...but decided to throw mine in anyways. Unfortunately the contest results were a slap in the face to a lot of people...I certainly do not plan on submitting any more of my time. A contest should show-off the great artists of the community and make the people who did not win go "MAN! Thats where I want to be!!" and strive for greatness not go "why was THAT even mentioned?" and wonder why questionable pieces were chosen over yours especially if you believe yours was worthy of competing with the tops. If the results were all great pieces, other artist wouldn't feel so powerless...they'd know they need to get better...but here it seems you have to be in good with the judges or hit some sort of heart-string (I wont get into how I've seen so much cheezy crap win haha) just to win. No victory in that...and certainly no victory for people who tried their best and find themselves powerless in competition.

Prufrock81 ( ) posted Thu, 29 December 2005 at 12:39 AM

I want an Aliemware computer so I can render movies like Caveman Xmas tbh. That ROKKED! Glad he got it. Hey dude! Wanna sell me your old one!!?? Be it's better than my SONY VAIO (ouch it hurts to say it) =OP

Redcore ( ) posted Thu, 29 December 2005 at 12:47 AM

I'm not sure my Dell is any better!! LOL

DinartFilho ( ) posted Thu, 29 December 2005 at 1:00 PM

i made mine using an 1ghz athlon thunderbird wood casemod (made by me) in 5 days the animation was ready

Prufrock81 ( ) posted Fri, 30 December 2005 at 11:56 AM

Post a pic of that wood case would ya? I'd love to see that!

DinartFilho ( ) posted Fri, 30 December 2005 at 5:07 PM

blah

Redcore ( ) posted Fri, 30 December 2005 at 5:12 PM

LOL OMG I THOUGHT U WERE KIDDING!!! LMAO THAT IS RAD! Personally I feel a marble table top on that would really set it off! :P

DinartFilho ( ) posted Fri, 30 December 2005 at 7:36 PM

yes yes, i am crazy, a slow instable and lovely system, well can i delete the pic? i am embarassed. my father asked me if i want a brand new pc, but i dont

Prufrock81 ( ) posted Fri, 30 December 2005 at 8:15 PM

Now THAT is American Ingenuity!!

DinartFilho ( ) posted Fri, 30 December 2005 at 9:26 PM

?

DinartFilho ( ) posted Fri, 30 December 2005 at 9:33 PM

r u crazy or something? u have a problem? i am not talking about the fake contest anymore, i am not telling agressions against u or the others

Redcore ( ) posted Fri, 30 December 2005 at 11:11 PM

...his post was a compliment...not sure what you mean. The very definition of ingenuity is... a) Inventive skill or imagination; cleverness. b) An ingenious or imaginative contrivance. Unless you're not American and take that as an offense or something (whereas, you should take that as an extreme compliment...but I'm biased! :P)

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.