Sat, Sep 21, 4:23 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 21 3:32 pm)

Subject: Recommendations for elegant V3 clothing

starbase1 ( ) posted Mon, 02 January 2006 at 1:51 PM · edited Sat, 21 September 2024 at 2:47 PM

Hi All, I'm looking for recomendations for some clothing for a VS based figure. Please feel free to plug your own products if appropriate! The setting is based on Chikako's elven village buildings, and will also involve a friendly oriental dragon. I'm looking for something elegant, and possibly Elf-like or maybe oriental, looking elegant. (Nothing very skimpy). The figure will very probably be barefoot... Can anyone suggest a good product that would fit my needs? Thanks, Nick

thefixer ( ) posted Mon, 02 January 2006 at 1:54 PM

MFD from DAZ, loads of possibilities with that, loads of texture sets out there for it. The RDNA Empire Gown, that's a good one too and IMHO easier to pose than the MFD! thefixer, poser coord.

Injustice will be avenged.
Cofiwch Dryweryn.

starbase1 ( ) posted Mon, 02 January 2006 at 1:55 PM

Errr... Whats an MFD?

thefixer ( ) posted Mon, 02 January 2006 at 1:57 PM · edited Mon, 02 January 2006 at 1:58 PM

Oh Sorry! "Morphing Fantasy Dress" Edited for typo!

Message edited on: 01/02/2006 13:58

Cofiwch Dryweryn.

thefixer ( ) posted Mon, 02 January 2006 at 2:05 PM

The Morphing Fantasy Gown at RDNA is nice also and there are cheap texture sets avaiable [$2.50]. thefixer, poser coord.

Cofiwch Dryweryn.

xoconostle ( ) posted Mon, 02 January 2006 at 3:34 PM

Attached Link: http://www.daz3d.com/shop.php?op=itemdetails&item=3671

If you're willing to work with dynamic cloth, Jim Burton's sheath dress for V3 is elegant indeed, and can be textured to look more Asian if you like.

starbase1 ( ) posted Mon, 02 January 2006 at 4:10 PM

Thanks all - so far I like the look of the RDNA one best. Nick

Acadia ( ) posted Mon, 02 January 2006 at 5:35 PM

If you are looking for an "elven" elegant. I do suggest the Morphing Fantasy Gown at RDNA, or the Morphing Fantasy Dress at Daz using one of the gazillion textures that are available for it.

"It is good to see ourselves as others see us. Try as we may, we are never
able to know ourselves fully as we are, especially the evil side of us.
This we can do only if we are not angry with our critics but will take in good
heart whatever they might have to say." - Ghandi

Xena ( ) posted Mon, 02 January 2006 at 5:58 PM
Lucie ( ) posted Mon, 02 January 2006 at 8:06 PM

If you decide to go for the MFD from Daz, make sure you check KandeeWright's textures for it or Karanta's (In the rmp), they're beautiful. Netherworks has or had a really nice one too, Darkling Wear I think it was called? Really pretty too. .. :)

Lucie
finfond.net
finfond.net (store)

logansfury ( ) posted Tue, 03 January 2006 at 11:32 AM

file_315715.jpg

Heres RDNA Morphing Fantasy Gown, with RDNA's Nature 1 for DNA Morphing Fantasy Gown (a $5.00 texture!) V3 is using one of Syyd Raven's Elven female face morphs. The default gown texture is a very nice formal white silk and lace that immediately makes you think of Galadriel from the Peter Jackson LOTR movies.

starbase1 ( ) posted Tue, 03 January 2006 at 2:05 PM

Logansfury - thanks VERy much for taking the time to post that image, it will fit VERY well with the colours I am using, (though I am a bit nervous of all the fine detail and transparency in the sleeves, which may not compress to DVD very well...

starbase1 ( ) posted Tue, 03 January 2006 at 2:11 PM

file_315716.jpg

Actually, it might be good to post a shot of the scene I will be working in... (I've souped up the water a bit since this...)

logansfury ( ) posted Tue, 03 January 2006 at 2:29 PM

Thats beautiful! Where are you going to place the central character?

starbase1 ( ) posted Tue, 03 January 2006 at 4:55 PM

Thank You! I haven't really decided yet... I think the best option would b to have her stand on a balcony, facing the centre of the village and watching it approach. But I also like the idea of her being high up, with the dragon circling. Nick

Acadia ( ) posted Tue, 03 January 2006 at 8:42 PM

The scene is very pretty! I don't think the green leaf dress would work though. Too much green, she would be lost. I think something in cream or a cobalt blue/grey (picking a colour from the clouds or water) would be more suitable.

"It is good to see ourselves as others see us. Try as we may, we are never
able to know ourselves fully as we are, especially the evil side of us.
This we can do only if we are not angry with our critics but will take in good
heart whatever they might have to say." - Ghandi

logansfury ( ) posted Tue, 03 January 2006 at 11:00 PM

all those balconies are pretty far away, she is gonna be very small in final image probably. Here's an idea although I dont know if it will fit comfortably with your mental image of this piece: Check out the RDNA Elven Swan Barge, a neat lil boat that you can have her seated or posibly standing in, more in the forgroud where any details would stand out more. Spose same could be acomplished by adding a bit of bank in the forground for her to be standing at edge of as well. Just a few thoughts :)

starbase1 ( ) posted Wed, 04 January 2006 at 1:25 AM

file_315717.jpg

Logansfury - this shot is just for the layout of the village, for the meeting the camera would be in very close, as close as I can get and still fit the two heads in really...

logansfury ( ) posted Wed, 04 January 2006 at 1:36 AM

Ah gotcha. That layout shot is very nice and should definately get a spot in your gallery along with the close up :)

logansfury ( ) posted Wed, 04 January 2006 at 1:43 AM

Attached Link: http://www.renderosity.com/viewed.ez?galleryid=879841&Start=1&Artist=logansfury&ByArtist=Yes

Nick you may also be interested in that DAZ Morphing Fantasy Dress already suggested in this thread (difficult to keep straight, I know, RDNA has the FMG, DAZ the FMD)

Ive an image of this item at the above URL. This render features a texture set available here in the RO marketplace by Ravenhair (only one of the sets textures is shown but its nice! She turned the dress into a two-piece with transmapping)

I believe the default texture for MFD is blue, and of course the default for MFG is creame/white so that would cover both Acadia's suggestions for dress color :)

Logan

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.