Fri, Oct 4, 5:37 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 04 4:27 pm)

Subject: Starting to think James may be as good as Miki.....

Tucan-Tiki ( ) posted Thu, 05 January 2006 at 11:26 PM · edited Fri, 04 October 2024 at 5:34 PM

file_316933.jpg

I took a good look at James facial structure, I think if he got as many morphs as vicky made by the community to fix him up i think he could be as good as David... I gave the casual james a different map and he looks different for sure....He has limited morphs in casual wear tho.... So your looking at out of the box james with a different map....

jan_scrapper ( ) posted Thu, 05 January 2006 at 11:28 PM

Wow...I want this guy in my collection....Let us know when he is in Market...Thank you, Jan

bwldrd ( ) posted Fri, 06 January 2006 at 12:30 AM
Online Now!

I believe he's talking about James that comes bundled with P6.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Consider me insane if you wish, but is your reality any better?

oliveramberg ( ) posted Fri, 06 January 2006 at 12:43 AM

file_316935.jpg

I think James and Jessy are very cool when they are use as good as in the above image. I just made an image with Jessy (who isn't to much adored by the community) and head some good feedback). Both of them but James specially are cool figures.

Tucan-Tiki ( ) posted Fri, 06 January 2006 at 12:49 AM · edited Fri, 06 January 2006 at 12:52 AM

I agree, im starting to look at these figures for hi end renders, Miki, V3, Jessy and James so far look like they have potential, By the way James was not morphed in the above image, All i did was add the texture to him and give him a slight smile. I like jessy and judy but i think they need some work around the nostrols other then that they are really cool for close up renders. Cool render, Very cute look:)

Message edited on: 01/06/2006 00:52

Fazzel ( ) posted Fri, 06 January 2006 at 12:55 AM

I think a good texture and hair goes a long way in whether a
character looks realistic or not. Oliveramberg's looks very good and the mole is a nice touch

Tucan-Tiki ( ) posted Fri, 06 January 2006 at 1:01 AM · edited Fri, 06 January 2006 at 1:02 AM

By the way this figure im going to give him the name Sage.

Message edited on: 01/06/2006 01:02

oliveramberg ( ) posted Fri, 06 January 2006 at 1:20 AM

Looking forward to it. It looks very promising!

mathman ( ) posted Fri, 06 January 2006 at 2:22 AM

Tucan-Tiki, are you going to release this James texture on the marketplace ? ..... and is it for hi-res James ?

Singular3D ( ) posted Fri, 06 January 2006 at 4:26 AM

This James is what I was searching for. What hair did you use?

aeilkema ( ) posted Fri, 06 January 2006 at 8:01 AM

Imo James is much better (and realistic) then M3 is. I do prefer him above M3 and dropped M3 & V3 from most of my projects, James & Jessi have surpassed them in usage. Whish there was more support for them though.....

Artwork and 3DToons items, create the perfect place for you toon and other figures!

http://www.renderosity.com/mod/bcs/index.php?vendor=23722

Due to the childish TOS changes, I'm not allowed to link to my other products outside of Rendo anymore :(

Food for thought.....
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pYZw0dfLmLk

Marque ( ) posted Fri, 06 January 2006 at 8:35 AM

I'll never understand why people "drop" characters. The reason I use them all is because they look different. That's why I'm glad so many are out now. I guess if you like all of your poser folks to look the same that would be a good reason to only use one. Just my opinion, Marque And great job on Sage.

Irish ( ) posted Fri, 06 January 2006 at 8:56 AM

BM

momodot ( ) posted Fri, 06 January 2006 at 10:07 AM

I can not do anything with Jessie... even after face room she looks pretty much the same. Can some one show something good with that figure that is not immediate recognizable as that figure. The body I know I can never use nude. EVERY non=Poser person I have shown it to thinks it is some kind of human-insect science fiction character... a HUGE disappointment to me after I was taken in by the promo. I think James is handsome.

Tucan-Tiki ( ) posted Fri, 06 January 2006 at 11:08 AM

Ill make the texture for all figures, The hair I think I got from Daz. Can't give a release date yet im still very early in creating the textures, But I will postit in the market place later on when this project is finished. I have the texture converter ill see if i can convert the textures to mike 3 and david as well later on.

Tucan-Tiki ( ) posted Fri, 06 January 2006 at 11:15 AM

I think people drop characters like mike 2 for example because of problems with the neck and shoulders looking out of proportion this was always a mike 2 problem, Mike 3 on the other hand has traps that stick way up out of proportion making him look like a star trek cardasian. I can not say anything about David,V3 or Steph3 or james because i have never encountered any problems with these figures other then problems poseing them in extreme poses where the butt crawls up the figures back when you bend the legs too much. But I use Mike 2 from time to time, He really is low rez compared to james tho.

Tiari ( ) posted Fri, 06 January 2006 at 11:18 AM

I use jessi heavily. Granted, my limitations for her are the lack of add ons and different textures for her available. However, i've now started painting my own "over" her after she's rendered. I think of the myriad of female characters, shes about the best. You really have to play with her body to take away the "fantasy boris volejo" look to her. I think her best asset is the realistic shoulders and correctly proportionate arms, that vic3 is sorely lacking

Byrdie ( ) posted Fri, 06 January 2006 at 11:32 AM

Now that's a james I can use. ;-)

TrekkieGrrrl ( ) posted Fri, 06 January 2006 at 3:35 PM

Mmm indeed! Very nice James there! I like James a lot, but I think his eyebrows are hard to get rid of. He always look to have very inset eyes. Now of course some people LOOK like that, it's just his biggest "giveaway" when you want to un-Jamesify him :o) Jessi... I don't like her much, she's IMO a strange mix of toon and real. Better than Judy, but that doesn't say much either LOL

FREEBIES! | My Gallery | My Store | My FB | Tumblr |
You just can't put the words "Poserites" and "happy" in the same sentence - didn't you know that? LaurieA
  Using Poser since 2002. Currently at Version 11.1 - Win 10.

Tucan-Tiki ( ) posted Fri, 06 January 2006 at 5:24 PM

file_316936.jpg

Yea I think someone who knows how to make morphs to reduce inset eyes should make morphs to alter his eyes. James hi res trying the texture on him. the texture is larger so it now has more depth in the skin tones so you may notice some more detail in this image then the last ones i posted because i had to match the hi resolution size to the hi rez map size. By the way did James come with clothes? Im not finding any in his folder other then the casual james figure..., Did his clothes come in the content updater for poser 6?

mylemonblue ( ) posted Fri, 06 January 2006 at 5:44 PM

Wow he looks great in your textures.

I found .ppz of clothes in the "James Clothing" folder in the "Props" directory. They look like the clothes are dynamic though I've never used them. :)

My brain is just a toy box filled with weird things

mathman ( ) posted Fri, 06 January 2006 at 6:34 PM

I think his eyelids are very unique as well, and could present a problem if you wanted to de-James him.

TrekkieGrrrl ( ) posted Fri, 06 January 2006 at 7:53 PM

Lots of clothes in the Props folder. Not all of it dynamic (it actually says so on the thumbnails) - like with Miki, Koji and Jessi, a lot of the clothes are in the props folder allthough it's technically cr2's (in this case it's of course PP2's to show up there. I've done it with some of my props as well, stuff that is technically a character because it's poseable, but.. well, things = Props and that's where you'd look for it. Who would look for a cd case in Characters? (actually I can't remember if I put exactely that cd case in props or characters but the point is, it doesn't matter. Just as you can put poses in camera- and hands, you can put conforming clothes in props :o) And that texture looks so GOOD! I've been trying to morph his eyes better, so far with little luck though :o( I haven't given up. I LIKE James. I like Don too, btw. Too bad he got so terribly overlooked just because Judy was a monster...

You just can't put the words "Poserites" and "happy" in the same sentence - didn't you know that? LaurieA

aeilkema ( ) posted Sat, 07 January 2006 at 5:37 AM

Most people don't even give the native poser figures a real chance at all, just because they're poser figures.

Artwork and 3DToons items, create the perfect place for you toon and other figures!

http://www.renderosity.com/mod/bcs/index.php?vendor=23722

Due to the childish TOS changes, I'm not allowed to link to my other products outside of Rendo anymore :(

Food for thought.....
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pYZw0dfLmLk

randym77 ( ) posted Sat, 07 January 2006 at 7:03 AM

"Correctly proportioned arms"? You have got to be kidding. Jessi's arms are weirdly proportioned. Upper arms too short, forearms too long. It's so out of kilter it affects posing. She looks non-human.

Her shoulders are better than Vicky's, but only if you don't raise her arms.

Khai ( ) posted Sat, 07 January 2006 at 9:02 AM

" Most people don't even give the native poser figures a real chance at all, just because they're poser figures." correction to that : because they are Daz figures. no I'm not daz bashing. I'm pointing out that there is a cult that blindly disregards anything non daz as rubbish and ignores it. (to clarify I am not bashing daz. I am bashing the Cult of the Dazzies)

TrekkieGrrrl ( ) posted Sat, 07 January 2006 at 9:10 AM

The thing is, if you want major support for any wcharacter, you're more or less bound to the Daz characters. Sure, there's Alexa clubs, Koshini Clubs, PosetteForever and so on, but the majority of support is for the Daz characters. And it's a circular argument, too. People make clothes for the Daz characters because those are the ones with most clothes, so people want them ... I'm not Daz defending or -bashing, simply stating a fact. I have loads of characters, both Daz and non-Daz, and I use them to various degrees. I ALSO use the native Poser characters and right now I'm making a pic with Miki. It sould have been any character, but I chose her because of her unmatched facial expressions (well perhaps short of Ezster and that other head from DigiCalimero)

Khai ( ) posted Sat, 07 January 2006 at 9:19 AM

correction to my correction lol (coffee I know I should drink it before posting) correction to that : because they are not Daz figures.

jan_scrapper ( ) posted Sat, 07 January 2006 at 9:28 AM
  1. Re: Starting to think James may be as good as Miki..... by oliveramberg on 1/6/06 00:43 Very beautiful rendering....I had to comment. She is too lovely not to. Re: Starting to think James may be as good as Miki..... by Tucan-Tiki on 1/6/06 17:24 Sage looks like Ben Affleck here, IMO. Very handsome....well done.

CauriBlackthorne ( ) posted Sat, 07 January 2006 at 12:51 PM

Attached Link: http://www.bluemoonstudioinc.com

Heres a link the creator of James, Miki and Koji.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.