Sun, Oct 6, 9:22 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 05 8:40 pm)

Subject: Any tips for a new Intuos 3 owner?

Photopium ( ) posted Fri, 06 January 2006 at 9:54 PM ยท edited Thu, 01 August 2024 at 9:50 PM

Just got the 6x8! So far, I'm quite pleased :) -WTB

anxcon ( ) posted Fri, 06 January 2006 at 10:01 PM

ya, hide it and the credit card bill before the wife sees

Khai ( ) posted Fri, 06 January 2006 at 10:03 PM

"Any tips for a new Intuos 3 owner?" yes. send it to Khai, Post office box 22332....

AprilYSH ( ) posted Fri, 06 January 2006 at 10:38 PM

They're cheap now, buy the wife one too :P The only tip is use as much as possible :) Enjoy! I don't know why I waited so long to upgrade my 4x5! 8O

[ Storeย | Freebiesย | Profile ]

a sweet disorder in the dress kindles in clothes a wantoness,
do more bewitch me than when art is too precise in every part

Gareee ( ) posted Fri, 06 January 2006 at 11:05 PM

I just got the 6x8 myself a month or so ago, and love it as well. No tips other then learn to use the buttons on it. (I love the zoom slider! ;)

Way too many people take way too many things way too seriously.

jeffg3 ( ) posted Fri, 06 January 2006 at 11:19 PM

" Just got the 6x8! So far, I'm quite pleased :)" Flush with profits??? :)

Photopium ( ) posted Fri, 06 January 2006 at 11:25 PM

a bit :)

obm890 ( ) posted Sat, 07 January 2006 at 12:35 AM

You can buy a pack of replacement tips for the intuos. Oh wait, you mean the other kind of tips.... :o) PS: I'm waiting for my 9x12 to arrive, so na ner na ner na :-D

Photopium ( ) posted Sat, 07 January 2006 at 12:37 AM

Well ya know, I already feel like maybe I made a mistake getting the big 6x8. I have to really hover over the tablet to access stuff at the top of the screen, because the pen sort of stops working if you get it on an angle. A smaller pad would've eliminated this problem. -WTB

blaufeld ( ) posted Sat, 07 January 2006 at 3:18 AM

I use the 4x5 for postwork - and oh my, it works like a charm... Well spent money!

Acadia ( ) posted Sat, 07 January 2006 at 3:28 AM

Make sure the cord is out of the way so you don't accidently trip on it and break one of the connectors. If you break a connector that leads into the tablet, it can't be fixed.

"It is good to see ourselves as others see us. Try as we may, we are never
able to know ourselves fully as we are, especially the evil side of us.
This we can do only if we are not angry with our critics but will take in good
heart whatever they might have to say." - Ghandi

Helen ( ) posted Sat, 07 January 2006 at 5:10 AM

William_the_Bloody Can you map your tablet? I can on my larger one 9 x12 Intuos 2. I have just the bottom left section mapped for use. The utilites for mine are found in the windows control panel. I rest my hand in one spot and the pen reaches every corner of my screen. Helen

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Senior MarketPlace Tester

If anyone sees a mind wandering aimlessly around..... It is mine.ย  I want it back.

Photopium ( ) posted Sat, 07 January 2006 at 8:04 AM

hmm, I don't know, I'll have to check into that :)

elizabyte ( ) posted Sat, 07 January 2006 at 8:26 AM

I already feel like maybe I made a mistake getting the big 6x8. I honestly prefer my smaller tablet. I don't do a lot of "drawing" with it, not like you'd do with a pencil and paper (for that I use a pencil and paper and then scan it). I use the pen tablet for fine detail work that requires the "touch" of a pen (just as one example, the Liquify tool in Photoshop is fantastic with a pen tablet, but VERY tricky to use with a mouse!). Mapping is an interesting option, Helen. Can you switch the mapping around so that if you want to map the whole thing (like to draw), you can, and then switch back? Hmmmm.... bonni

"When a man gives his opinion, he's a man. When a woman gives her opinion, she's a bitch." - Bette Davis

RHaseltine ( ) posted Sat, 07 January 2006 at 8:38 AM

You can set things like the mapping up on a per-application bassis - have a small area mapped for file management, say, and the whole surface for Painter or Photoshop (though since I have a mere A5 UltraPad I don't do so). One feature I like is the so-called "Expert Mode" in preferences - it makes the side switch change the mode of the tip, rather than acting as a click itself. Before they added this I'd use the button to right-click and get the move/copy/create shortcut menu rather than the proper right-click menu because I'd twitched the stylus as I pressesd the button, now I hold the button in and tap the stylus and no more accidental movement (so really, it should be called the non-expert, or maybe the inept, mode :D).

Photopium ( ) posted Sat, 07 January 2006 at 8:39 AM

See, that's good info, thanks...goes to change to inept mode :)

Gareee ( ) posted Sat, 07 January 2006 at 8:50 AM

Course if you map a smaller area, your effective resolution drops. I was using a smaller tablet, but noww that I have the larger one, I notice my actual drawing "style" comes through much more.

Gareee ( ) posted Sat, 07 January 2006 at 8:55 AM

Has anyone gotten proper setting for it with lightwave? when i try to use it, the cursor flys off the screen...

RHaseltine ( ) posted Sat, 07 January 2006 at 8:58 AM ยท edited Sat, 07 January 2006 at 9:03 AM

I haven't tried it with LW, but there is an option in the LW8 prefernces to set your input device to mouse or tablet - have you tried that? Edit: Edit>Display Options>Interface tab - selecting tablet rather than Mouse works for me.

Message edited on: 01/07/2006 09:03

Gareee ( ) posted Sat, 07 January 2006 at 9:06 AM

Hadn't noticed that.. I'll try it. A lot of times, using a tablet reduced wrist strain, and wehn I'm dragging a bazillion points around, the tablet comes in very handy!

amberlover13 ( ) posted Sat, 07 January 2006 at 9:34 AM

I've had the intos 6x8 for several months now, and wouldn't trade it for a mouse ever again. I use the pen for everything. It does take a little getting use to, but now finding my way around the screen is second nature.

obm890 ( ) posted Sat, 07 January 2006 at 9:44 AM

"Well ya know, I already feel like maybe I made a mistake getting the big 6x8" I was a bit worried about this, but I figured I could just map a smaller 'active area' if I really, really couldn't come to kindly terms with such a big area and the associated big movements. Glad to hear that I can do that. "I was using a smaller tablet, but noww that I have the larger one, I notice my actual drawing "style" comes through much more. " THAT'S what I was hoping to hear! I've worked on a crappy Genius 3x4 for a few years. It's better than a mouse but it's still about the lowest life-form in the tablet food chain. Then a friend gave me tablet part of his Genius 4x5 after his pen died and the difference was HUGE - so I figured bigger is better (for real drawing strokes) and I went for the 9x12 intuos. Great input everyone (after a somewhat facetious start LOL)

AtelierAriel ( ) posted Sat, 07 January 2006 at 2:13 PM

Buttons!!!!!????? What buttons? God, I've been using the 6x8 2 for over two years and never tried the buttons. Duh. Could not draw without it. Used to use the mouse and that's ridiculous. Tip: Practice a lot to develop hand/eye coordination. But it doesn't teach you to spell, I think I got that wrong. And it doesn't teach you to pay attention to the manual otherwise I would have tried the buttons by now.

Gareee ( ) posted Sat, 07 January 2006 at 3:24 PM

The long thing next to the buttons is a finger slider zoom.. VERY cool indeed! I'm still trying to get use to using thier cntrl/alt/shift buttons, and still am weaning myself off my keyboard (which I really hate.. the keys are all too small.)

Photopium ( ) posted Sat, 07 January 2006 at 4:10 PM

I'm confounded why this thing exists, who would need/want to use it and for what purpose? Why not the pen??? Does anyone own the airbrush? Is it helpful? Thanks

Gareee ( ) posted Sat, 07 January 2006 at 4:15 PM

Some people just like th efeel of a mouse for web browsing or such, and that's why they provide it. I can't imagine trying to play a game with a pen!

Photopium ( ) posted Sat, 07 January 2006 at 4:24 PM

But...isn't that what your normal mouse is for???

Khai ( ) posted Sat, 07 January 2006 at 4:38 PM

you stop using that one and use the Wacom one ;)

Gareee ( ) posted Sat, 07 January 2006 at 5:15 PM

Plus the wacom one has a higher precision, and response time. That means you have a better aim.. ;)

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.