Sun, Sep 22, 12:34 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Photography

Welcome to the Photography Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, Deenamic Forum Coordinators: Anim8dtoon

Photography F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 18 12:22 pm)

Subject: Blacklight Special

leighp1 ( ) posted Sat, 17 March 2001 at 6:49 PM ยท edited Sun, 01 September 2024 at 7:28 AM

file_155505.jpg

I took my dad's advice and messed around with some cigarettes and the f stops and this is one thing that I came up with. I took the image into psp and added some color to it and it turned out looking like these were under a black light. Well at least that is what I thought it looked like.... Leigh

Marshmallowpie ( ) posted Sun, 18 March 2001 at 4:19 AM

Looks like they're under UV light to me :) Nice...and different.

Colm_Jackson ( ) posted Sun, 18 March 2001 at 6:48 AM

That's amazing...WOW! I've never even heard of a 'Black' light?

theFOG ( ) posted Sun, 18 March 2001 at 1:32 PM

A black light is the light on the edge of the visable spectrum. Usually refers to an ulta violet light, not normaly visable to the human eye but causes a chemical reaction in some minerals, dyes and other substances causing them to give off a florecent light or glow. Black light posters were very popular in the 60's. They glowed in the dark when you shined a black light on them. the F.O.G.

theFOG ( ) posted Sun, 18 March 2001 at 1:38 PM

Attached Link: http://www.worldwideposters.com/black-a.htm

http://www.worldwideposters.com/black-a.htm a link if your interested in some examples.

Tammy ( ) posted Mon, 19 March 2001 at 1:08 AM

Wow Leigh you made a photo of a cigarette look interesting you are getting good at this :)

Syyd ( ) posted Tue, 20 March 2001 at 6:15 PM

ohhhhhhh thats amazing detail! Leight I am enjoying every one of your latest works, and Fog thanks...its given birth to a slew of ideas.

Marshmallowpie ( ) posted Tue, 20 March 2001 at 6:30 PM

UV lights always give me a headache! Being a LaserForce freak I'm around them a lot though....

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.