Sun, Sep 22, 4:15 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Carrara

Welcome to the Carrara Forum

Forum Coordinators: Kalypso

Carrara F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 07 1:44 am)

Visit the Carrara Gallery here.

Carrara Free Stuff here.

Visit the Renderosity MarketPlace - Your source for digital art content!

Subject: 15 min sun

litst ( ) posted Mon, 19 March 2001 at 12:06 PM ยท edited Mon, 29 July 2024 at 2:32 PM

file_155680.JPG

Hi all, The other day, i've made that sun using some fog primitives and a sphere . I think that can be a good 15 min challenge, even though making my sun took me more time . And that would be an occasion for us to play with those volumetrics . So i'm waiting for yours ! litst litst.@freesbee.fr http://www.chez.com/litst/

Izuel ( ) posted Mon, 19 March 2001 at 2:18 PM

sun.jpg 13 min Izuel

AzChip ( ) posted Mon, 19 March 2001 at 3:02 PM

file_155682.JPG

Took 18 minutes.... Most of that was trying to line the prominence up.....

twillis ( ) posted Mon, 19 March 2001 at 3:17 PM

Would you believe... a black hole? Don't get to close to the even horizon, OK? --Terri

twillis ( ) posted Mon, 19 March 2001 at 3:18 PM

Uh, I meant "event horizon". Which may or may not be even; hard to tell.

AzChip ( ) posted Mon, 19 March 2001 at 3:25 PM

Hehehehehe.... Kind of like the blank piece of paper being a polar bear with his eyes closed and his paws over his nose..... Cute!

twillis ( ) posted Mon, 19 March 2001 at 3:58 PM

Well, I did consider bs'ing a bit about all the work I went to getting the proper values of black right, but I figured you guys would see right through that. The truth is I spend my lunch hour today playing with litst's tutorial, and all my home-time has been spent trying to put something together for this month's "The Machine" challenge. (Much to the annoyance of my dog, who thinks I have better things to do -- anyone else have to deal with uppity canines nudging one's elbow while at the keyboard?) Maybe I can go be foggy tomorrow... I wonder if anyone will notice the difference...

brenthomer ( ) posted Mon, 19 March 2001 at 5:26 PM

file_155684.JPG

Man! I take a weeks vacation and come back and see that everyones doing 15 min challanges again! Heres my entry...9 of the 15 min was in rendering..there are a few changes I could make but hey..i'm doing this @ work..its fun time :)

litst ( ) posted Tue, 20 March 2001 at 8:34 AM

Cool suns, guys ! And a great blackhole, Terri !!! Anybody have an idea for another challenge ? litst

graylensman ( ) posted Wed, 21 March 2001 at 11:30 AM

file_155686.JPG

Only takes fifteen minutes to make, but days for me to get around to posting...

litst ( ) posted Wed, 21 March 2001 at 12:54 PM

Great idea, graylensman ! :) litst

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.