Fri, Oct 4, 3:40 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 04 8:39 am)

Subject: Texture problems..."help"

Chippsyann ( ) posted Sun, 15 January 2006 at 10:23 AM · edited Thu, 25 July 2024 at 6:56 AM

file_318568.gif

What's going on with this render's skin? It has these fine white band lines on the arm. I'm not sure if it's the lighting or something to do with skin texture. It was rendered with P4. What am I doing wrong or forgetting to turn on or off?

Message edited on: 01/15/2006 10:24

svdl ( ) posted Sun, 15 January 2006 at 11:42 AM

It looks as if the bump mapping is very strong. I don't know if it's possible in P4 to reduce the bump strength.

The pen is mightier than the sword. But if you literally want to have some impact, use a typewriter

My gallery   My freestuff

randym77 ( ) posted Sun, 15 January 2006 at 11:49 AM

Try posting a screenshot of your material settings.

Miss Nancy ( ) posted Sun, 15 January 2006 at 2:53 PM

yeah, one can reduce/flip bump, but I think that's a rather nice render for p4 - I'd leave it as it is.

Tiari ( ) posted Sun, 15 January 2006 at 3:06 PM

In P4 in materials, choose the body parts and on each one there should be a slider for bump strength. Just slide it down a ways and see how it looks in another test render. Make sure to make it even throughout, each slider down to say 50 percent, if not good enough, then to 25 so on so fourth for each of the body map parts in the pulldown.

Chippsyann ( ) posted Sun, 15 January 2006 at 4:23 PM

Thank you all. "Tiari" my fault, I'm using Poser 5, but P4 render settings. Firefly gives me a headache (I just can't seem to figure out the right settings for Firefly, so I use P4 settings.)

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.