Fri, Sep 20, 11:30 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Photography

Welcome to the Photography Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, Deenamic Forum Coordinators: Anim8dtoon

Photography F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 18 12:22 pm)

Subject: I have enough...this server sucks...

Rumple2 ( ) posted Tue, 17 January 2006 at 9:44 AM ยท edited Fri, 20 September 2024 at 11:28 PM

Since weeks it is almost impossible to log-in to rosity, all tries to upload, comment, view a pic, etc., don't work or need endless time till it works... It is no fun anymore... I have not the time or the patience to wait endless, if the server wants to work or not... I have enough...this server sucks... and it seems, that nobody repairs it... If Renderosity continues that way, it will loose all people...

LostPatrol ( ) posted Tue, 17 January 2006 at 11:18 AM

Servers/websites like anything else have to me maintained, yes its a pain, so are road works but they have to be done all the same. At least you can go and make a coffee while your waiting for the server but you cant do that sat in traffic lol If the end result is faster page loads then it will be worth the wait, I know all to well that time is a premium.

The Truth is Out There

solrac_gi_2nd ( ) posted Tue, 17 January 2006 at 12:49 PM

I know Cyn does not need my support about all the given explanation.

As far as I am concerned it is a bit frustating but all changes for better are 'painfull'.

I wait patiently because I believe in RR's team ----> and I am sure they are all doing there best as fast as possible.

Carlos.

TwoPynts ( ) posted Tue, 17 January 2006 at 1:44 PM

...or we could all finally start using those neat rocket packs they promised us would be so common by now back in the 50s. We wouldn't need roads then! ;^P It is a pain, but I'm hoping that things will be greatly improved when all the changes are done. I for one will hang in there.

Kort Kramer - Kramer Kreations

DJB ( ) posted Tue, 17 January 2006 at 2:32 PM

I say if you have the weather , the slow downs make a good time to go shoot more images. Soon enough this place will be rocking. Wish it was just as easy as switching a button, but all the patience is appreciated.

"The happiness of a man in this life does not consist in the absence but in the mastery of his passions."

middleast ( ) posted Tue, 17 January 2006 at 6:45 PM

Lol would be great if they had one of those Staples Easy Button but sadly they dont. Well Ill wait right here. I know the Team RR will get everything together. This one of the best place for artist in the WORLD! Till the new road is paved Ill continue upgrading my old SLR ^______^

tizjezzme ( ) posted Tue, 17 January 2006 at 8:13 PM

I love the analogy too ... I just hope we don't start getting toll charges. I love this place, and more than once have thought about the enormous undertaking these poor servers are going through day in and day out. The servers must be HUUUGGGEE to handle all of these images. I work tech support at an ISP, so I know all the glitches these things go through; many of which people don't even feel, but are there and being watched 24/7. Nothing is ever perfect ... Stuff happens and we have to accept facts. If RR loads slow for me, I open another window and pay a bill or look up info -- eventually the page loads and it goes really good again for a while. The bills are quickly put on the back burner again lol Enough rambling ... Cyn, and everyone else who is running the place... keep up the good work. Shari

"The only thing coming straight out of MY camera is the cable!"
P. Vermeulen

Niutek ( ) posted Wed, 18 January 2006 at 1:35 AM

Strange... It all runs very fast and smooth at my end of the world. Seriously. No slow-downs, no hiccups, nothing. If you guys haven't mentioned it, I'd never know about the moving to the new server thing. Hmmm... I'm not complaining, though! ::::))))))))))

DJB ( ) posted Wed, 18 January 2006 at 1:54 AM

Good to see you Nui....hope things are fine.

"The happiness of a man in this life does not consist in the absence but in the mastery of his passions."

Margana ( ) posted Wed, 18 January 2006 at 2:25 AM ยท edited Wed, 18 January 2006 at 2:26 AM

Hi Niu!Long time no see!Hope all is well.

Change is rarely easy,and the analogy is indeed apropos.

It is trying at times,but it usually picks up after a while.And I remember all too well those few days we had when there was no RR at all!That was awful!And it made me appreciate RR all the more.

So I'll be hanging in there.No way I'm leaving! :^)

Message edited on: 01/18/2006 02:26

Marlene <")

Marlene S. Piskin Photography
My Blog

"A new study shows that licking the sweat off a frog can cure depression. The down side is, the minute you stop licking, the frog gets depressed again." - Jay Leno

ModestyB ( ) posted Wed, 18 January 2006 at 7:37 AM

This place Rocks allready...& as a matter of fact...To day it runns splendidly in my corner of the world to :).. BIG HAPPY smile.....Niu & I, arnt so far a way from each other......I'w been waiting patiently toooo...Doug :) During the time I have managed to create more sculpture, a video... LOL!!! and shooted more photos :) But ther have been times I have been "red of frustration" as U Kurt ;)Bussi Muuuuuuuuuuuaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhh to all Of U!!!!!!!

croxie ( ) posted Wed, 18 January 2006 at 9:56 AM

I've been here for a long time and I've seen a lot worse than this. And I also know that there are other communities out there that are impossible to access in the evening from this end of the planet even without server problems, so I'm staying put. And I'm sure they're doing what they can to fix this. I also know what a big move and trasistion it is to transform a whole community into another programming language, new servers and database structure. It's bound to slow down and stop completely now and then. Today it's been pretty good so far though :D

"Keep smiling, it makes people wonder what you're up to."

vlaaitje ( ) posted Wed, 18 January 2006 at 3:00 PM

mmm I know I had the same too, but I still try all the time. I understand, it is a lot of work and Cynlee and Doug are still busy with it, or more people!!! But now at the moment there are 2049 surfers currently online...so not bad for a slow website me thinks...... Ilona

Ilona Krijgsman: My Tree Of Life
----------------------------------

LostPatrol ( ) posted Wed, 18 January 2006 at 3:15 PM

To be honest, it hasnt been a major issue here, (except last week when the gallery was playing up) I get the odd page that refuses to load now and then, but generally ok. Shame I havent got more time to play here. Sites with a large database to pull from are slower by their vary nature, unlike say my personal site that is purely html so there is very little data for the browser to deal with. Rosity anyway is worth the grin and bare factor. I can remember the days of waiting 30 mins to load a program if just a few k from a tape drive, in the scheme of things a slowish page load is a small inconvenience .

The Truth is Out There

vlaaitje ( ) posted Wed, 18 January 2006 at 3:45 PM

Yes Cynlee, I notice that it goes faster now, and I saw also this "Back to Thumbnails" but I must click 2 times all the time before it goes back there..... You do a good job, no doubt !!!!

Ilona Krijgsman: My Tree Of Life
----------------------------------

LostPatrol ( ) posted Wed, 18 January 2006 at 4:43 PM

Sorry but with respect, I think that is uncalled for, perhaps you might consider peoples feeling before you rant off about an issue that is totally untreated and for all intents and purposed done and dusted (and locked down) We all know it is a unfortunate situation, but continuing it here isnt going to help. Just my opinion of course.

The Truth is Out There

Margana ( ) posted Wed, 18 January 2006 at 5:11 PM

Why not channel all of that 'energy' into your art?I think your mentor would certainly approve. As long as it is within TOS,of course... Just a suggestion... :^)

Marlene <")

My Blog

"A new study shows that licking the sweat off a frog can cure depression. The down side is, the minute you stop licking, the frog gets depressed again." - Jay Leno

LostPatrol ( ) posted Thu, 19 January 2006 at 8:52 AM

He he my comment now seems out of place but due to my non delete policy, I'm afraid it will have to stay lol

The Truth is Out There

Margana ( ) posted Thu, 19 January 2006 at 10:19 AM ยท edited Thu, 19 January 2006 at 10:35 AM

Mine too,Simon.LOL. We weren't addressing Rumple2 folks,for the record... :^)

Marlene <")

My Blog

pimbotin ( ) posted Thu, 19 January 2006 at 12:10 PM

The deletion I've done was not due to a volontary "policy", dears... I'm sorry if your comments are now out of place but I had to follow some instructions...

coolj001 ( ) posted Thu, 19 January 2006 at 9:13 PM

May I be so bold as to suggest...take a valium, or better yet...a three lorazepams. I find this helps :-) They are working on it...have patience. THC ;-)

Margana ( ) posted Thu, 19 January 2006 at 11:54 PM

LOL! Three??? Three would make a nuclear war a minor event,lol! ;^)

Marlene <")

My Blog

coolj001 ( ) posted Sun, 22 January 2006 at 3:44 AM

muahahahah...it works my favorite Artist...you don't need any though...you are naturally chill adn most-cool. Me though...now I thnk I need four...

Margana ( ) posted Sun, 22 January 2006 at 4:12 AM

I'll bet it does!!!LOL! Thank you...But let me assure you,I too,have my 'less-than chill' days! ;^)

Marlene <")

My Blog

coolj001 ( ) posted Sun, 22 January 2006 at 4:17 AM

w/o less than chill, then what would be chill? It is a world of duality...let us meditate and reflect on such matters...we must find the center...then give of yourself..help others...this is the key...it is for real...

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.