Fri, Oct 25, 7:23 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Community Center

Welcome to the Community Center Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny Forum Coordinators: Anim8dtoon

Community Center F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 21 3:28 pm)

Forum news, updates, events, etc. Please sitemail any notices or questions for the staff to the Forum Moderators.

Subject: Back to Thumbnails takes you back to your comment??

squeeka ( ) posted Wed, 18 January 2006 at 7:27 PM · edited Fri, 25 October 2024 at 7:18 AM

There's no way to get back to the gallery once you comment or view an image anymore? Uhmm.... can that be fixed and soon so we can enjoy viewing other people art without having to go to the gallery and then click on the thumb, then back to the gallery to see another one? Just noticed this when I was browsing the galleries and I can't seem to get back to the main gallery from an image....

StaceyG ( ) posted Wed, 18 January 2006 at 7:44 PM

Okay I see if I am just viewing the image and then click the "Back to Thumbnail" it takes me back like it should. When I comment on an image and click the "Back to Thumbnail" it takes me back to my comment, then if I click it again, back to the Main gallery where I started. Is this what is happening for you? Thanks Stacey

squeeka ( ) posted Wed, 18 January 2006 at 7:47 PM

Sort of.. I commented on a couple of images and it took me back to the comment. Now it's working like it used to :) Just commented on someone's photo and it took me back to the gallery. I don't know what was going on before but I wasn't going anywhere fast, lol! Seems to be working fine now ;)

squeeka ( ) posted Wed, 18 January 2006 at 7:49 PM

Bah.. that was weird.. I clicked on my ebot as someone had commented on my image and when I clicked on back to thumbnails it brought me right back to this forum which is where I was before I clicked the link in the ebot. Does that sound right?

StaceyG ( ) posted Wed, 18 January 2006 at 7:50 PM

That is strange:) Let me know if you see it acting up again. Stacey

squeeka ( ) posted Wed, 18 January 2006 at 7:55 PM

Yup, it's still doing it. It's fine as long as I'm in the galleries and browsing but if I click the link in the ebot to view my image and the comments, it brings me right back here when I click return to thumbnails :) Dunno why either cause I would think it should take me back to the main gallery page? Sorry to be such a pain about this, lol. I just wonder if others are having the same problem. jen :)

StaceyG ( ) posted Wed, 18 January 2006 at 7:58 PM

Yes, that happened to me to, brought me back to this forum but then when I tried it again that didn't happen so I thought I was losing it for a minute, LOL. I have forwarded this thread link to the programmers to see if we can figure out what is going on. Thank you so much for bringing this to our attention. Stacey

squeeka ( ) posted Wed, 18 January 2006 at 8:00 PM

Thank you for taking the time to look into the problem :) I'm sure you're all just swamped right now and I give you all all the credit in the world for doing this while the site's still up and running. Fantastic job from all involved! jen :)

Shardz ( ) posted Wed, 18 January 2006 at 10:26 PM

I always used the 'Back' button on IE anyway, and if I comment I just hit it twice and I'm right back in the galleries in the same position looking at the thumb. I know this doesn't help the problem, but it's a workaround for now I guess.

cliff-dweller ( ) posted Wed, 18 January 2006 at 11:40 PM

I keep the gallery page open and hit Shift-click to open a new window for the image...after I comment I just close the image page...that way I never lose the page with the thumbs...

Check out my full gallery at Cliff-Dweller Artworks

DivineRAiN ( ) posted Thu, 19 January 2006 at 2:27 AM

if I were to use the "Go back" button, I'll just go back to the gallery.. which is fine if I'm not leaving a comment. But if I leave a comment I have to select the forum to take me to the terragen forum, then I can click their terragen gallery link to bring me back to the gallery of thumbnails. The "back to thumbnails" button doesn't take me back to the gallery if I'm leaving a comment, it takes me back to where I have to repost my comment.

divinerain

zahnfee ( ) posted Thu, 19 January 2006 at 8:58 AM

For whatever reason (maybe to temporarily avoid traffic???) the link has been changed from a real url to a javascript "history.back ()". When you leave a comment and press the submit button you request an url like "viewed.ez?galleryid=xyz". That's why the "Back to thumbnails" link takes you back to the gallery image instead of the thumbnails page after hitting the submit button. Maybe this could be avoided with a "history.go (-1)" and "history.go (-2)" instead of "history.back ()" ???

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.