Wed, Sep 18, 11:04 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 18 7:39 am)

Subject: Freebie :Sci-Fi prop

stonemason ( ) posted Fri, 20 January 2006 at 9:09 AM · edited Mon, 09 September 2024 at 12:54 PM

Attached Link: downloads

file_319955.jpg

just dont ask me what it is.. *erc control in the main body,P6 cr2 with P4,PP,& P5 MAT's..plus a bonus D|S Material preset. Cheers Stefan

Cg Society Portfolio

RGUS ( ) posted Fri, 20 January 2006 at 9:13 AM

Thanks Stefan... just got it... your last freebie was a beauty too! Top man, top man!

Tyger_purr ( ) posted Fri, 20 January 2006 at 9:19 AM

awesome. ya know if your board i have a few sci-fi prop ideas i'd like to see made :)

My Homepage - Free stuff and Galleries

seattletim ( ) posted Fri, 20 January 2006 at 9:38 AM

Thanks you - This is a wonderful prop. I love the used texture of it.

mervpaine ( ) posted Fri, 20 January 2006 at 9:50 AM

"just dont ask me what it is.." I know what it is: It's a hightwophaifah!!! :-) Thank you very much once again, Stonemason!

Angel1 ( ) posted Fri, 20 January 2006 at 10:09 AM

Excellent Stone! Thank You :)

....Now Bring Me That Horizon....
Send IM | Gallery

cindyx ( ) posted Fri, 20 January 2006 at 10:44 AM

I don't know what it is... but I can think of a lot of uses for it!! Thank you!!!

eirian ( ) posted Fri, 20 January 2006 at 11:04 AM

I don't know what it is, either, but thank you! It looks great!

djthomas ( ) posted Fri, 20 January 2006 at 11:05 AM

Whatever it is, it does jumpin' jacks.

pakled ( ) posted Fri, 20 January 2006 at 11:33 AM

it's a siesmic sensor for detecting subterranean oil..either that, or it's for putting out ciggarrettes..;) thanks.

I wish I'd said that.. The Staircase Wit

anahl nathrak uth vas betude doth yel dyenvey..;)

shogakusha ( ) posted Fri, 20 January 2006 at 11:33 AM

Erhm, a nuclear powered rice flail? I'll be curious to see how this thing turns, twists, bends etc }-)

slinger ( ) posted Fri, 20 January 2006 at 11:44 AM

I don't care what it is, but it's a freebie from Stonemason and therefore it's great. ;) Thanks Stefan.

The liver is evil - It must be punished.

ulysses ( ) posted Fri, 20 January 2006 at 12:10 PM

It's an organic gyrometer, we have two JL-17s in the lab at work. Yeah, that's it......... Nice job

nightfir ( ) posted Fri, 20 January 2006 at 12:19 PM

Attached Link: http://www.brownielocks.com/marveloustoy.html

It's the toy from this old folk song I heard on the radio once by peter paul and mary called "the marvelous toy" Brad.

SamTherapy ( ) posted Fri, 20 January 2006 at 12:51 PM

Pshaw! Any fool can see it's a Veeblefetzer. The new fangled, all mechanical type. Not like back in the day when they needed people to do their veeblefetzing for them. Progress? Huh! (Walks away, muttering...) Once more, many thanks, Stefan.

Coppula eam se non posit acceptera jocularum.

My Store

My Gallery

Xurge ( ) posted Fri, 20 January 2006 at 1:04 PM

Finally!! a Continium Transfunctioner!!! Dude... Awesome work Stefan! Thanks.

AntoniaTiger ( ) posted Fri, 20 January 2006 at 1:04 PM

It's a Stross-Dibnah JL-17 nuclear riveting tool. The rivet still has to be inserted from the other side, but there's no need to pre-heat the rivet. The JL-17 applies a type FP-73 micro-tractor beam to pull the rivet tight, before pulse heating it with a fusion torch and mechanically closing the rivet. Type BS-4U countersunk rivets are recommended as they're designed not to fall out while adjacent rivets are closed. So the rivets can be pre-inserted, allowing effective one-man operation. It also knocks down chimneys.

Guida ( ) posted Fri, 20 January 2006 at 1:04 PM

This absolutely rocks, i already know what i'm going to do with it. :-) Thank you!

richardson ( ) posted Fri, 20 January 2006 at 1:31 PM

Thanks for the jl-17smegma sampler

garblesnix ( ) posted Fri, 20 January 2006 at 1:32 PM

The Bible? The Koran? The Bagadayadayada? Just books. One tutorial from stonemason and the world would then be a better place. Thanks, Stephan, for continually showing that there is truly an art to 3D modelling. garbleatthestickfigurelevelsnix p.s. my guess is it's a really, really good wine opener.

xoconostle ( ) posted Fri, 20 January 2006 at 2:24 PM

It's got bunny ears! :-) Thanks so much ... this will work nicely with your Sci-Fi environment (that I just lost hours of sleep animating LOL.)

mylemonblue ( ) posted Fri, 20 January 2006 at 2:36 PM · edited Fri, 20 January 2006 at 2:46 PM

Cryogenic multipexing magnetic polygyroscopic regenerative hydrostacker.
(At least that's what the voices told me it is)

I'm realy not very normal. :D Edit to add. Thank you!! Your stuff is great.

Message edited on: 01/20/2006 14:46

My brain is just a toy box filled with weird things

Richard T ( ) posted Fri, 20 January 2006 at 2:42 PM

Thanks for your freebies. They are great and very much apreciated.

TrekkieGrrrl ( ) posted Fri, 20 January 2006 at 3:02 PM

Thanks, Stefan! Now someone please tell me I am not the only one who has considered attaching that Heavy Tube thing with the needle on this one and make it do something nasty to someone? Sometimes I'm scaring myself...

FREEBIES! | My Gallery | My Store | My FB | Tumblr |
You just can't put the words "Poserites" and "happy" in the same sentence - didn't you know that? LaurieA
  Using Poser since 2002. Currently at Version 11.1 - Win 10.

semidieu ( ) posted Fri, 20 January 2006 at 3:08 PM

Thanks Stefan ! It's really great !

Porthos ( ) posted Fri, 20 January 2006 at 3:37 PM · edited Fri, 20 January 2006 at 3:39 PM

It's a Star Trek TOS Nomad interstellar probe model! :) Thanks Stefan! :)

Message edited on: 01/20/2006 15:39

MS Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit SP1
Intel Core i7-2600 CPU @ 3.40GHz, 12.0GB RAM, AMD Radeon HD 7770

PoserPro 2012 (SR1) - Units: Metres , Corel PSP X4 and PSE 9

LostinSpaceman ( ) posted Fri, 20 January 2006 at 3:48 PM

OMG! It's the long lost fabled "Fragastat Meziolithic Hayperstat Converter! I've dreamed of this day!!

UVDan ( ) posted Fri, 20 January 2006 at 4:21 PM
Forum Moderator

Thanks.Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Free men do not ask permission to bear arms!!

Byrdie ( ) posted Fri, 20 January 2006 at 6:00 PM

All of you are wrong. It's He-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named's favorite -- whoops! If I finish that sentence I'll get my tailfeathers TOSed all the way outta here. Forgot this ain't RM. TG: No, you're not the only one. ;-) Stonemason: Thanks. Vey nice di...whatchamacallit.

Peggy_Walters ( ) posted Fri, 20 January 2006 at 7:09 PM

Thank you! It reminds me of a submarine periscope, upside down, sorta... Cool looking!

LVS - Where Learning is Fun!  
http://www.lvsonline.com/index.html

infinity10 ( ) posted Fri, 20 January 2006 at 7:34 PM

cool. thanks. marry me.

Eternal Hobbyist

infinity10 ( ) posted Fri, 20 January 2006 at 7:34 PM

I wuz just kdding about that last one. I propose to every great 3D-artist without thinking.

Eternal Hobbyist

Tucan-Tiki ( ) posted Fri, 20 January 2006 at 7:52 PM

I know what that is, That is a power cell for powering a ship or shuttle, looks alot like the ones seen in Pitch Black the movie.

pakled ( ) posted Fri, 20 January 2006 at 8:16 PM

hey Porthos..I have Nomad as a model, if you want it..;)
due to the biohazard symbol on the bottom, it has to do something wid dat..;) due to the way the handles go, it would have to restrain the rest of the cylinder from going up, due to the fact that I think too much and need a life..;)

I wish I'd said that.. The Staircase Wit

anahl nathrak uth vas betude doth yel dyenvey..;)

stonemason ( ) posted Fri, 20 January 2006 at 8:59 PM

hmm..some strange ideas..& here I thought it was just a couple cylinders Cheers! PS:although this wasn't a contest I'm sending Antonia Tiger a free copy of my last commercial model...it has to be the weirdest/most creative idea for what this thing is :)

Cg Society Portfolio

Byrdie ( ) posted Fri, 20 January 2006 at 9:18 PM

Amen to that! (Tho' I still think a certain Dark Lord uses it for :cough: other non-intended-by-the-engineer's purposes. ;-)

Damsel ( ) posted Fri, 20 January 2006 at 11:56 PM

Well, AntoniaTiger can do what they want with it, personally, I'm using it to store my cable after disinfecting the needle. You know how those nasty aliens dirty up things. ;-) Thanks so much Stefan! Your generosity is wonderful! Damsel

Kathie Berry
Admin/PlanIT3D

Some painters transform the sun into a yellow spot. 
Others transform a yellow spot into the sun.
 --Pablo Picasso-
-

AntoniaTiger ( ) posted Sat, 21 January 2006 at 2:14 AM

Now I'm all embarrassed.

freyfaxi ( ) posted Sat, 21 January 2006 at 3:00 AM

Thank you..I'm sure I'll be able to find a use for this wonderful...err.. ?Thng?? :)

wrpspeed ( ) posted Sat, 21 January 2006 at 8:29 AM

an automatic cork screw?

dallas40m ( ) posted Sat, 21 January 2006 at 7:51 PM

Up Periscope, Up Periscope!! :D

Warmest Regards,

Dallas

stonemason ( ) posted Sat, 21 January 2006 at 8:07 PM

"It's R2D1.5 being mugged" comment from another forum :)

Cg Society Portfolio

slinger ( ) posted Sat, 21 January 2006 at 8:27 PM

For the VERY old gamers amongst us that remember the classic Infocom text adventures...his name just HAS to be Floyd ~rofl~

The liver is evil - It must be punished.

Elfwine ( ) posted Sat, 21 January 2006 at 11:14 PM

Looks to me like an Interociter (This Island Earth-1955), minus the vid screen, that's what the arms were holding. Heh...

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things!  ; )

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.