Mon, Sep 9, 10:28 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Challenge Arena

Welcome to the Challenge Arena Forum

Forum Moderators: Deenamic

Challenge Arena F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 09 4:57 am)

Welcome to the

Challenge Arena

This forum is dedicated to learning, creating and pushing yourself to meet the
challenges that have been posted by other members of Renderosity.

Hope to see you here!

Checkout the Renderosity MarketPlace - Your source for digital art content!

Subject: January Challenge: Delicate

gunsan ( ) posted Tue, 10 January 2006 at 3:32 PM · edited Mon, 09 September 2024 at 1:57 AM

It came as a surprise that I am the one to choose the Challenge for January, my mind have been focused on my connection problems :-( To me it is important to choose something that can have different meanings, it makes the challenge more exciting. After pondering a while I arrived at Delicate, and I am really curious of what images will come during the month. Happy creating!!

hauksdottir ( ) posted Tue, 10 January 2006 at 6:35 PM

"Delicate"? Oh, my! Images from "Waltz of the Hours" come to mind, with the hippo in her pink tutu being carried by all of the tip-toeing alligators in capes and feather caps. ;)y6t7h (or maybe the delicate way the cat just walked over my keyboard????) :sigh: Carolly

tresamie ( ) posted Tue, 10 January 2006 at 11:20 PM

This sounds like an interesting challenge...and fun too!

Fractals will always amaze me!

chohole ( ) posted Wed, 11 January 2006 at 2:38 AM

lol @ Carolly, I know that feeling. My cat is a lousy typist. Great theme, and congrats Gunsan for a well deserved win.

The greatest part of wisdom is learning to develop  the ineffable genius of extracting the "neither here nor there" out of any situation...."

TwoPynts ( ) posted Wed, 11 January 2006 at 8:11 AM

Yes, congrats Gunsan. A well deserved win. :)

Kort Kramer - Kramer Kreations

TwoPynts ( ) posted Wed, 11 January 2006 at 8:31 AM

file_318048.jpg

Why don't I start us off then. This is a detail of a bottlebrush tree right outside my house that I photographed using my new "fog" filter. Just experimenting, but I like the way this turned out, especially with the golden dawn light.

gunsan ( ) posted Wed, 11 January 2006 at 10:56 AM · edited Wed, 11 January 2006 at 10:57 AM

file_318049.jpg

Thanks for beginning! Lovely image, i like the diagonal composition, and the light is awesome.

I follow you here, also in the colorchoice.
For the moment this was the most delicate being I could think of.
Computerdrawing, I work in PSP7 (dear old faithful workhorse :-).

Message edited on: 01/11/2006 10:57

TwoPynts ( ) posted Wed, 11 January 2006 at 11:55 AM

That is amazing Gunsan! Yes, that is one of the most delicate things I could think of too. New life. That was my thinking with mine. The fresh new buds are fragile, yet sprout from the strong trunk of the tree. Life iself is fragile yet resillient, an interesting dicotomy. I work in PhotoshopCS by the way, and the camera was my trusty Olympus C8080.

SndCastie ( ) posted Wed, 11 January 2006 at 12:45 PM

Both so beautiful

Sandy
An imagination can create wonderful things

SndCastie's Little Haven

SndCastie ( ) posted Wed, 11 January 2006 at 1:05 PM

file_318050.jpg

My entry is sisters there is a delicate balance between families which you have to work at all your life.

Sandy

SndCastie's Little Haven

gunsan ( ) posted Wed, 11 January 2006 at 1:16 PM

Great photo and great take on the issue. I don't know how it is to have sisters or brothers, but I can imagine... Fitting frame you chose!

hauksdottir ( ) posted Wed, 11 January 2006 at 1:23 PM · edited Wed, 11 January 2006 at 1:26 PM

Ooh! Great start! :)

SndCastie finally enters one! :) Yes, family relations are a delicate balance, and I like the tilted figures.

Gunsan's entry is sweet with just enough detail. The composition is strong enough to show the emotional bonding without getting in the way.

TwoPynts... I love that fog filter. Better than vaseline on the lense!!! Does it allow you to set degrees of "fogginess"? PhotoShop will "blur" everything selected, so being able to keep sharp detail on the foreground is a major plus (the leaves in shadow are definately crisp). Chohole, I left Skrogg's entry in my post. Amazing how such a small cat can have such big feet! But Norwegian Forest Cats are supposed to be able to walk across snow.

Carolly

Message edited on: 01/11/2006 13:26

TwoPynts ( ) posted Wed, 11 January 2006 at 1:48 PM

Carolly, I found that the fog filter gives the blur to lighter objects, or brightly lit objects, but keeps the darker once in focus. Very hard to duplicate in photoshop. I used it for a macro in my gallery image yesterday, also to an interesting effect. Sandra, a happy, loving family is most definitely a delicate balance - excellent entry!

SndCastie ( ) posted Wed, 11 January 2006 at 1:49 PM

LOL at Carolly yea sometimes I have time and really liked this one :O) Sandy

Sandy

SndCastie's Little Haven

dialyn ( ) posted Wed, 11 January 2006 at 5:54 PM

Wow, what a wonderful start to this challenge. Thank you all for such a beautifully delicate end to a rather stressful day.

fractalchemist ( ) posted Thu, 12 January 2006 at 7:22 AM

file_318051.jpg

This is the first time I post here, at the challenge forum... Could not resist to send in this pic of my daughter Bibian. Shot this Christmas. Nice challenge:-) Eveline

SndCastie ( ) posted Thu, 12 January 2006 at 8:21 AM

welcome to the challenge Eveline and you have a beautiful daughter :O)

Sandy

SndCastie's Little Haven

TwoPynts ( ) posted Thu, 12 January 2006 at 9:02 AM · edited Thu, 12 January 2006 at 9:04 AM

file_318052.jpg

**Not for the challenge**, but since everyone is showing their "delicate" children, I thought I show an old photo of my daughter Kyra as well. Message edited on: 01/12/2006 09:04

SndCastie ( ) posted Thu, 12 January 2006 at 9:06 AM

Wow what blue eyes she has beautiful thanks for sharing :O)

Sandy

SndCastie's Little Haven

TwoPynts ( ) posted Thu, 12 January 2006 at 9:08 AM

My pleasure, of course. Always the proud dad. I felt it fit the theme anyway... ;]

SndCastie ( ) posted Thu, 12 January 2006 at 9:21 AM

yep sure does fit :O) nothing more delecate and precious then kids :O)

Sandy

SndCastie's Little Haven

fractalchemist ( ) posted Thu, 12 January 2006 at 9:59 AM

Oooh yes! She's LOVELY....How old is she now?

TwoPynts ( ) posted Thu, 12 January 2006 at 10:02 AM

She's a year and a half old know. Cute as a button. That photo was taken about 8 months ago.

gunsan ( ) posted Thu, 12 January 2006 at 11:28 AM

Wonderful kids, both of them, I just adore those blue eyes!

gunsan ( ) posted Fri, 13 January 2006 at 1:26 AM

file_318053.jpg

Dancing out from the veils.

RimRunner ( ) posted Fri, 13 January 2006 at 4:13 AM

Off to a great start already :)

The doctor says I have way too much blood in my caffeine system.

TwoPynts ( ) posted Fri, 13 January 2006 at 7:34 AM

Oh, you can enter more than one? Well, I change my mind then and add my 2nd to the contest as well! ;] Love those veils Gun...the delicate weave and pose...and soft rose pastels.

dialyn ( ) posted Fri, 13 January 2006 at 7:38 AM

Attached Link: http://www.renderosity.com/messages.ez?ForumID=12372&FAQ=Y

Yes, you can enter multiple times. It is a very friendly challenge. :) And the results this month are already wonderful.

chohole ( ) posted Fri, 13 January 2006 at 11:44 AM

file_318054.jpg

My current fav model Steffy Snofae demonstrating the delicacy of snow flakes. Love all those delicate children, can't post a pic of my youngest Grand-daughter.....she is in to Bob the Builder and plays gaelic football, neither lady like or delicate. Mind you she does have a delicate touch with her PC. She's nearly 6

The greatest part of wisdom is learning to develop  the ineffable genius of extracting the "neither here nor there" out of any situation...."

shemia ( ) posted Sat, 14 January 2006 at 7:40 AM

file_318055.jpg

I haven't entered a Challenge before but was hoping a fractal flame from the Apophysis software and postworked in Paint Shop Pro would be acceptable. I think its time the fractal community got behind a challenge or two. :o) I thought this image might be "Delicate" enough.

gunsan ( ) posted Sat, 14 January 2006 at 12:19 PM

Love to see a flame feather here, it looks soft as dowm,and the beauty and delicate swowflakes are shown in the most lovely way!

netsia ( ) posted Sun, 15 January 2006 at 12:48 PM

dance of the air soft breeze through spiderweb sets it to dancing in the air light shimmers through dewdrops, encased diamonds on the drift weightless in flight intricate pattern rivals finest lace softer to the touch finest silks, this the source, beauty of nature spider resumes her work (c)2006 mourningdove caller

dialyn ( ) posted Sun, 15 January 2006 at 1:03 PM

Lovely. Great to see a poet join in. :)

chohole ( ) posted Sun, 15 January 2006 at 1:10 PM

that is just beautiful!

netsia ( ) posted Sun, 15 January 2006 at 1:25 PM

I like this challenge area :) thanx :)

hauksdottir ( ) posted Sun, 15 January 2006 at 1:57 PM

A lovely shimmering word-pic!

mplogue ( ) posted Sun, 15 January 2006 at 11:30 PM

file_318056.jpg

Well, I just checked out this challenge forum for the first time, and lo and behold, a piece I just did fits this category! Anyway, here's my entry. Rendered in 3ds Max, using Poser 6 (for the cats), and Maxwell Render 1.2.2a beta. Postwork in Photoshop CS.

dialyn ( ) posted Mon, 16 January 2006 at 9:56 AM

I'm very impressed...I thought that was a photograph. My Ethel looks exactly like the tuxedo cat nearest the book. This challenge is shaping up to start the year in a most creative direction.

hauksdottir ( ) posted Mon, 16 January 2006 at 1:38 PM

Welcome to our challenge arena. :) I'm impressed too. Very effective POV and the depth of field (as well as the cat's lack of concern for the camera) help it look like a photo. That rose is certainly in a delicate position. ;^) Carolly

mommavelvet9999 ( ) posted Tue, 17 January 2006 at 2:16 PM

file_318057.jpg

Came in here to check this out. Thought it was an interesting challenge to join. Was difficult for me to choose out of all the pics. I got that suit that title. But, I found one. My kids brought this to me this winter. My daughter crying that the birdie had gone away! That was an explanation experience! Hope everyone enjoys. I ran it through my filter program in Lexmark and taken with my tiny little Philips camera.Added the hazy background to give it a more "painted" look.

dialyn ( ) posted Tue, 17 January 2006 at 2:43 PM

Quite appropriate. A nest is a delicate house indeed. I am always amazed that anything as fragile as a baby bird manages to survive to fly...and yet, life persists. Welcome to the challenge!!

hauksdottir ( ) posted Tue, 17 January 2006 at 2:45 PM

An artist is an artist, even if all he has is spittle, charcoal, and a chewed twig brush. You've got an eye for color and composition, and that is a wonderful image. And it is delicate! :) Carolly

Shabetei ( ) posted Tue, 17 January 2006 at 11:59 PM

file_318058.jpg

MEMORIES From childhood memories I remember childish things Like teddy bears in boxes And puppets on strings Tiny dreams the size of toys Of Santa filled nights And simple joys Looking back in the mind From the many lives we lead Through our adolescent years Wishing age at God speed Wanting and almost craving What an adult life can earn Yet reaching the final stage And desiring to return It is the young that may pretend It is our youth that we defend It is for young memories That we survive Just one more thing To keep us alive Just one more reason To wish life to last Is our longing and yearning To relive our past How we wish and we wish in vain For even the memories to remain Yet this comes to all This is not the end For in our children We are reborn again We watch and we remember The childhood things Of teddy bears in boxes And puppets on strings Tiny dreams the size of toys And wishes upon stars For simple joys - S.

"I knew who I was when I woke up this morning; but I"ve changed several times since then"- Alice

gunsan ( ) posted Wed, 18 January 2006 at 3:06 AM

file_318059.jpg

What a great collection of delicate things this has become. I love the variation, images, photos, poetry. Here is another one to the collection, a delicate dragonfly.

tresamie ( ) posted Thu, 19 January 2006 at 1:10 AM

file_318060.jpg

"Grace"

Fractals will always amaze me!

hauksdottir ( ) posted Thu, 19 January 2006 at 3:25 AM

Wow... the splendors keep appearing. :)

SndCastie ( ) posted Sat, 21 January 2006 at 6:03 PM

Wow such wonderful entries this one is going to be hard :O) Great job everyone. Sandy

Sandy

SndCastie's Little Haven

SndCastie ( ) posted Sat, 21 January 2006 at 6:57 PM · edited Sat, 21 January 2006 at 6:59 PM

file_318061.jpg

Ok here is my second one thought I would do a fractal too :O)

Broken hearts are very delicate

Sandy

SndCastie's Little Haven

anniemation ( ) posted Mon, 23 January 2006 at 12:20 AM

file_318062.jpg

Lots of great entries! Very cool theme! Here's my entry.

gunsan ( ) posted Mon, 23 January 2006 at 12:38 AM · edited Mon, 23 January 2006 at 12:43 AM

Attached Link: http://www.renderosity.com/viewed.ez?galleryid=1140932&Start=1&Sectionid=4&filter_genre_id=0&WhatsN

file_318063.jpg

Love all the delicate fractals here!

BTW I just posted an image in 2D Gallery with an Apophysis spiderweb.
Guess it is delicate enough :-) Edit: I dont mean this as an entry since it is posted elsewhere, I just remembered it when I commented your fractals, and thought I would share.

Message edited on: 01/23/2006 00:43

TwoPynts ( ) posted Mon, 23 January 2006 at 8:08 AM

Such wonderful entries everyone, this has been a great Challenge!

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.