Wed, Oct 23, 2:24 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 22 4:45 pm)

Subject: malfunction..malfunction..help needed!

duskangel1 ( ) posted Mon, 23 January 2006 at 12:09 PM ยท edited Wed, 23 October 2024 at 2:19 AM

Can anyone tell me why my poser5 folder would suddenly not be showing up on my library tab of poser 6?
It used to be there, I know it!
-poser 5 big red dot
-downloads
-poser 6 big red dot
I'm not crazy really! lol
The stuff didn't go any where I see it is all there with windows explorer. I just don't understand what happened that I can't see it in poser 6.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Mari

Dizzi ( ) posted Mon, 23 January 2006 at 12:18 PM

How about just adding the Poser 5 runtime again?

zulu9812 ( ) posted Mon, 23 January 2006 at 12:36 PM

Aye, that's happened to me as well: some of runtimes just vanish. Dunno why it happens, but there's nothing to stop you adding them again, and this happens infrequently.

randym77 ( ) posted Mon, 23 January 2006 at 12:48 PM
Online Now!

If you start Poser and it can't read a runtime for some reason, it drops it. I have all my runtimes on an external drive, and if I forget to attach it before starting Poser, I have to attach all my runtimes again. :-P

duskangel1 ( ) posted Mon, 23 January 2006 at 1:15 PM

Adding the runtime would work really well ... if I didn't have so many! I didn't realize this until I went to do it. I have no clue what happened here! At first glance it looks normal Curious Labs Avatar Lab Poser Poser4 Poser5 Poser6 In folders under poser 5 and 6 are what appears to be duplicate folders and more runtime poser4 and 5 folders with things in them I have ghosts in my machine! ::runs and hides:: I guess it's time to try to sort them out and hope for the best! Thanks for your help everyone.

Dizzi ( ) posted Mon, 23 January 2006 at 1:22 PM

When you're done, copy the library_prefs.xml and if it happens again, just replace it with the copy to get your the runtimes back.

KarenJ ( ) posted Mon, 23 January 2006 at 2:28 PM

This happened to me when I had a corrupted file in my V3 runtime. Poser just dropped the whole runtime from the library tabs. I was just able to add it back. Unfortunately I did lose a lot of data as my hard drive had some bad sectors :-( Also my DVD back-up was corrupt. Damn Nero. :-(

"you are terrifying
and strange and beautiful
something not everyone knows how to love." - Warsan Shire

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.