Tue, Oct 22, 7:19 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / MarketPlace Showcase

Welcome to the MarketPlace Showcase Forum

Forum Moderators: Staff

MarketPlace Showcase F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 22 7:01 am)

Welcome to the MarketPlace Showcase Forum. The Showcase Forum and Gallery are intended for all commercial related postings by active Renderosity MarketPlace Vendors only. This is a highlight area where our membership is invited to review in greater detail the various art products, software and resource site subscriptions available for purchase in the Renderosity MarketPlace.

Subject: Stop the Presses! Practical Poser 6 is Released!!!

DCArt ( ) posted Mon, 23 January 2006 at 11:22 AM · edited Tue, 22 October 2024 at 5:27 AM

I am pleased to announce that Practical Poser 6 by Denise Tyler (Deecey) and Audre Vysniauskas (audre) was officially released last week ... so Amazon should be getting it soon! Stay tuned for additional information about the contents of the book and the CD ....

PilotHigh ( ) posted Mon, 23 January 2006 at 12:34 PM

Thank you so much!

Aeriol

dialyn ( ) posted Mon, 23 January 2006 at 3:06 PM

Oh, that's excellent news. I have a gift certificate for Amazon just begging to be spent. :D

Larry F ( ) posted Mon, 23 January 2006 at 5:05 PM

Sounds good. (How am I ever going to save any money?) LOL!

hauksdottir ( ) posted Mon, 23 January 2006 at 7:49 PM

I've been waiting for this. :) Not one, not two, but THREE of my friends got Poser 6 for Christmas and they are all asking me for help. Mentoring is fine, but being able to make notes in the margins or be covered with stickies is a service I don't offer. ;^) Books are much better for that sort of research. I'll tell them what to look for, now that it is in the distribution channels. {hug} Carolly

DCArt ( ) posted Mon, 23 January 2006 at 8:31 PM

The CD that comes with the book is also chock full of goodies ... there are only 40 megs free on the CD! I'd post a list of the contents but the final file arrangement resides on a hard drive that crashed and I'm trying to repair it. It might take forever, though ... after four days of running SpinRite, it's only .05% done with a reported 7000 plus hours to go. LOL Anyway, I thought I would get my copies of the book today (I guess they are on the way) so that I could scan the front and back covers. When I get my copies I will post additional info!

SoCalRoberta ( ) posted Mon, 23 January 2006 at 8:31 PM

Oh,this is great news! I advance ordered a copy months ago! I'm so looking forward to getting it :)

DCArt ( ) posted Mon, 23 January 2006 at 9:10 PM · edited Mon, 23 January 2006 at 9:19 PM

During the planning stages of this book, we asked the members of the online Poser community which questions were most frequently asked by those who were new to Poser. The responses helped us formulate the areas that we should address in this book.

This book assumes that you have reviewed the Poser 6 Reference Manual and Poser 6 Tutorial Manual that ship with Poser 6 before you attempt some of the tutorials in this book. We have tried to go light on theory and heavy on practical use of the most requested features of Poser.

Practical Poser 6 begins with the basics of the Poser 6 interface, and teaches you in a logical order how to build scenes. Youll also learn how to use lights and cameras, and how to save your own light and cameras sets to the Poser library.

Section II of the book covers some of the features that youll find in the other Poser rooms. Youll learn how to prepare photographs so that you can create Face Room textures with the best results, and how to create and save custom faces in the Face Room. Youll learn how to apply hair to Poser clothing and have it pick up colors from the underlying textures. Youll also learn how to work with the various types of Poser clothing, and the differences between conforming clothing and dynamic clothing. Finally, youll learn how to decipher materials in the advanced Material Room view.

Some of the most frequently asked questions involve creating and customizing Poser figures. In Section III of the book, weve tried to address many of the questions raised in that regard. First, youll learn how to create morphs in Poser, along with the steps involved to export and import morphs to and from an external program. Youll also learn, in several chapters, how to model a simple piece of clothing (using LightWave), how to create UV maps for common clothing pieces (using UV Mapper Pro, a demo version is included on the CD), how to break clothing into materials and group them correctly, and how to save different types of Poser content into the Poser libraries so that they work. We also suggest sources for further learning in regards to creating your own Poser clothing.

Finally, in Section IV, youll learn what makes the Poser rendering engine work, and how you can enhance your Poser renders so that they look their best. The techniques that you learn in this book will help you get up to speed very quickly with the questions that Poser users ask most. We are also open to suggestions and additional questions that can be covered in future editions of this book, and will watch the various forums in the online Poser communities for questions or comments from our readers.

Message edited on: 01/23/2006 21:19

DCArt ( ) posted Mon, 23 January 2006 at 9:12 PM · edited Mon, 23 January 2006 at 9:22 PM

The CD-Rom included with Practical Poser 6 includes all of files necessary to complete the tutorials in the book. It also includes the images from the book, and demos for you to use while working through the tutorials and exercises.

Denise and Audre wish to extend their humble gratitude and appreciation to those individuals and companies mentioned below, who have graciously and generously allowed us to share some exciting content with you on this CD. All of these individuals continue to demonstrate over and over that the Poser community is filled with passionate and generous individuals who come together to promote the phenomenon that is Poser.

CONTENT

Anton Kisiel, one of the premier Poser artists and a long-standing member of the various online Poser communities, presents Apollo Maximus 2005 Compact, a special version of his original, optimum Poser male figure. You can find additional accessories and clothing, as well as a support forum for Apollo Maximus, at http://www.runtimedna.com. Anton, thank you so much!

Audre, co-author of Practical Poser 6, shares hundreds of seamless, tileable textures for you to enjoy and use in your projects.

DAZ Productions (http://www.daz3d.com) shares PC and Macintosh-compatible versions of several Poser figures, including the DAZ Charger LE, Gorilla LE, EmotiGuy Base, Sea Dragon LE, and Victoria 1 Low Resolution female figure. Special thanks to Steve Kondris and Dan Farr for their generosity and contributions to this project.

E-Frontier (http://www.e-frontier.com), makers of Poser 6 and Shade 8 have been a tremendous source of encouragement and content for this project. We thank them for their wonderful selection of poseable figures: the CP Crab, CP Dragonfly, CP Mantis, CP Parasarolophus, CP Scarab, CP Seahorse, CP TRex, CP Triceratops, PatchTheParrot Material Freebie, and Spot (the Toon Dog). Many thanks to Uli Klumpp, Steve Yatson, and Daryl Wise for these great gifts!

RDNA (Runtime DNA, http://www.runtimedna.com) shares several sets of Poser 6 Materials for the Material Room. These fantastic materials add glitter, satin, sequins, suedes, leathers, gold, fantasy crystals, goth metals, irons, coppers, and rusty materials to your clothing and other Poser accessories. Thank you to my dear old friend Eric VanDycke for passing these along, and to Syyd Raven, Colm Jackson, and the rest of the crew at Runtime DNA for their neverending support. Also, a gracious thank you to Linda White for the fantastic photograph, which came in very handy for the tutorial on image based lighting and camera alignment!

Sixus 1, (see http://www.sixus1.com for the main gateway to their various sites) has created a totally new toon figure especially for this book. Clearly two of the most generous folks in Poserdom, Les and Rebekah Garner didnt hesitate for a second to create something new and unique for our book. Meet Gunther the Toon Werewolf! Hes sure to be a popular little guy. Deepest thanks to you both!

Message edited on: 01/23/2006 21:22

DCArt ( ) posted Mon, 23 January 2006 at 9:16 PM

DEMOS ON THE CD E-Frontier (http://www.e-frontier.com), provides a demo version of Poser 6 for Windows and Mac, along with an art gallery of Poser masterpieces. Additional folders contain artwork created with Shade, e-Frontiers flagship 3D modeling, rendering, and animation software. The Forge (http://www.the-forge.ie), the premier provider of solutions for the Poser animator fill a need quite generously with sample animation poses from their new PoseAmation 2 animated pose sets. Poses for battles, women, and eagle are provided. We also highly recommend that you check out the PoseAmation VT video tutorial on the Poser animation graph editor. Additional tutorials and animation poses are available at their web site. Many kind words of gratitude to Chris DeRochie for these fantastic sets! UV Mapper (http://www.uvmapper.com). Perhaps the most widely used UV mapping program in the Poser community. Steve Cox has shared with us the free classic version of UV Mapper in both Windows and Mac format. But to fully appreciate the UV Mapping tutorials presented in this book, a demo version of UV Mapper Professional is also provided in both formats. Thank you, Steve, for sharing these files with us! IMAGES: All of the images from within the book and the color insert files. These files are set up by chapter. TUTORIALS: All of the files necessary to complete the tutorials in the book including necessary Poser content, textures, and images. These files are all in common formats that can be read by most 3D applications, and they are set up in the applicable chapter folders.

MachineClaw ( ) posted Mon, 23 January 2006 at 9:28 PM · edited Mon, 23 January 2006 at 9:32 PM

Attached Link: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/1584504439/qid=1138073105/sr=8-3/ref=pd_bbs_3/104-4099179-0519913?

Book on Amazon.com, here is the link to it.

Denise congradulations on a monumental feat! oh forgot to say....I pre-ordered it! Thank you again!

Message edited on: 01/23/2006 21:32

sixus1 ( ) posted Mon, 23 January 2006 at 10:35 PM

Congrats on getting the book out, I know that you worked long and hard on it. Thanks for the mention also. :) BTW- in case anyone cares, we made all of the CP-Freebies that are listed. :) I will be sure to order a copy and check it out...then I can most assuredly recommend it to everyone. ;) --Rebekah--

DCArt ( ) posted Mon, 23 January 2006 at 11:09 PM

Wow, then I said the right thing about you two! LOL Check your IM, OK? 8-D

sixus1 ( ) posted Mon, 23 January 2006 at 11:20 PM

Clarification: Efrontier would be the generous ones when considering the CP freebies. They pay for and provide them to the community. :) Still can't wait to read your book. We considered doing one early last year, but never got around to it and once I saw all of the work and dedication that was going into yours, I figured that a book from us wouldn't be needed on that subject! --Rebekah--

Khai ( ) posted Tue, 24 January 2006 at 7:10 AM

please kick your publisher. up here in Canada, I've been told by Chapters : "Temporarily Unavailable to Order" (no date on WHEN we'll be able to order it) and on Amazon.ca : "Usually ships within 1 to 3 months" great....

DCArt ( ) posted Tue, 24 January 2006 at 8:21 AM

Amazon US doesn't show a date either, it probably means they haven't received them in their warehouse yet. It will be soon I would think!

byAnton ( ) posted Tue, 24 January 2006 at 1:01 PM

Gratz Denise. The version of APollo, being "Apollo Maximus 2005 Compact", contains the obj, cr2 and all morphs. Not included are the poses, skin suit elements and textures. I ame hoping to have a upgrade path available shortly for those people who want the rest of what is included in the standard Apollo Base. Best of luck on the book Denise!!! Regards, Anton

-Anton, creator of Apollo Maximus
"Conviction without truth is denial; Denial in the face of truth is concealment."

Over 100,000 Downloads....

Philywebrider ( ) posted Wed, 25 January 2006 at 5:37 AM

Boreth ( ) posted Wed, 25 January 2006 at 10:22 AM

Looks promising, Amazon Germany only sells used versions of the book :)

DCArt ( ) posted Wed, 25 January 2006 at 10:27 AM

LOL there aren't any used copies yet. So you might have to wait. 8-D

DCArt ( ) posted Wed, 25 January 2006 at 1:55 PM

OK, my preview copy just arrived so I took a photo of the front and back cover. Sorry about the glare, but my scanner was disconnected and I didn't want to hassle with it. LOL Here's the front cover ... front cover image by our very own Audre, who authored four chapters for the book. It's beautiful, don't you think?

DCArt ( ) posted Wed, 25 January 2006 at 1:58 PM

file_321018.jpg

OK let me try that again! LOL

DCArt ( ) posted Wed, 25 January 2006 at 1:58 PM

file_321019.jpg

And the back ...

sixus1 ( ) posted Wed, 25 January 2006 at 5:23 PM

That must feel great to be holding that finished book in your hands! :) --Rebekah--

DCArt ( ) posted Wed, 25 January 2006 at 5:27 PM

Yeah! LOL It looks really great. I am loving the cover!

hauksdottir ( ) posted Wed, 25 January 2006 at 9:08 PM

Lucky you! (I've preordered at Amazon, so it will be at least a week before it is shipped.) Despite the reach of the Internet and virtual products, there is still something extremely satisfying about holding solid proof of accomplishment: something tactile and weighty with a smell of ink still lingering is just more real. Carolly

judith ( ) posted Sat, 28 January 2006 at 5:58 PM

Excellent news Denise! I'm off to Amazon to check it out. :)

What we do in life, echoes in eternity.

E-mail | Renderosity Homepage | Renderosity Store | RDNA Store

byAnton ( ) posted Sat, 28 January 2006 at 8:41 PM

Attached Link: Upgrade from ApolloMaximus 2005 Compact to Full Base Version

Okie, got an upgrade path all set for the version of Apollo that ships on the content CD. The package adds all the files needed to get the full Apollo Base equivalent.

-Anton, creator of Apollo Maximus
"Conviction without truth is denial; Denial in the face of truth is concealment."

Over 100,000 Downloads....

Letterworks ( ) posted Sun, 29 January 2006 at 10:52 AM

Just a note here. I just ordered my copy of this book form the Charles River Media site store which statest that it's now shipping. They are also offering it for $39.00, $10.00 off list price, plush shipping and handeling. don't know, but I assume the publisher will beable to ship it before secondary bookstores. mike

PilotHigh ( ) posted Mon, 30 January 2006 at 1:27 PM

file_321020.jpg

I have it on order at Amazon Canada and this is the picture of the cover.

DCArt ( ) posted Mon, 30 January 2006 at 1:37 PM

Amazon has a picture of an earlier cover that we were thinking of using ... the real cover is the one I posted above, which is from a photo that I took of the actual book.

MachineClaw ( ) posted Mon, 30 January 2006 at 1:39 PM

Amazon charged my Credit card and sent shiping information stating delivery Feb 8th. it's coming, it's coming. really Looking forward to it, I'm all excited.

DCArt ( ) posted Mon, 30 January 2006 at 1:42 PM

Wooo hooo! LOLOL BTW, feel free to IM or email suggestions for the next version, and we will try to incorporate as much as we can to make the book as useful as possible.

hauksdottir ( ) posted Mon, 30 January 2006 at 3:19 PM

I like the fairy cover better... it looks like secrets being revealed, in a friendly sit-down way. What is behind the bush? Could be a rabbit-out-of-the-hat, or it could be a flower or treasure or a doorway. ;) The way the bump map on the armor carries over all surfaces despite different metal pieces bothers me: the image is actually LESS believable. It is a strong image, with handsome colors, but it doesn't invite me. Carolly the Opinionated

DCArt ( ) posted Mon, 30 January 2006 at 4:16 PM

Carolly .. you read my mind as to what I was thinking when I passed on that image. 8-)

sixus1 ( ) posted Mon, 06 February 2006 at 6:32 PM

Recieved our copy today in the mail. Very nicely done. Easy to read. Easy to search for answers in topics of interest. Looks like it covers most of the questions that I've seen asked over and over by newbies and intermediate users alike. I noticed that it usually gives more than one way to do something also if it is possible. Nice touch. The book itself is an easy to handle size. The print is easy to read. The sample images are clear. Kudos. --Rebekah--

DCArt ( ) posted Mon, 06 February 2006 at 6:34 PM

Glad you got it!! I was going to work up a texture for Gunther, too. Can I send it over to you for a freebie on your site? 8-D

sixus1 ( ) posted Mon, 06 February 2006 at 6:42 PM

Sure. :)

dialyn ( ) posted Thu, 09 February 2006 at 1:00 PM

Looking forward to having it in my eager little hands soon. :)

ClintH ( ) posted Thu, 09 February 2006 at 1:31 PM

Just an update that Renderosity will have the book available late next week. I've reviewed a copy and its full of fantastic information. Clint

Clint Hawkins
MarketPlace Manager/Copyright Agent

All my life I've been over the top ... I don't know what I'm doing ... All I know is I don't wana stop!
(Zakk Wylde (2007))

DCArt ( ) posted Thu, 09 February 2006 at 4:05 PM

Wooo hooooo!!!!!!!! Cool that you are going to be selling it here too. 8-)

artbyphil ( ) posted Thu, 09 February 2006 at 4:17 PM

this looks good, I've put it on my wishlist at amazon.co.uk (h'mm my birthdays coming up soon,time to start droping hints:)

hauksdottir ( ) posted Thu, 09 February 2006 at 6:15 PM

Amazon emailed that my shipment would be delayed... then a few hours later that it was shipped, so they were probably unbundled and dropped into waiting boxes as fast as they could. Now to settle down with a pad of sticky notes and a pencil. :) Carolly

DCArt ( ) posted Thu, 09 February 2006 at 6:53 PM

Hehehehehe, have fun! 8-D

Walt Sterdan ( ) posted Fri, 10 February 2006 at 8:42 PM

"Meet Gunther the Toon Werewolf!" Any picts of Gunther posted anywhere? I'm a sucker for toon werewolves. ;-) -- Walt Sterdan

DCArt ( ) posted Fri, 10 February 2006 at 8:51 PM

Well, hang tight and I will do a render just for you. 8-D

DCArt ( ) posted Fri, 10 February 2006 at 9:11 PM

file_321021.jpg

Here you go!!! I've been meaning to do this for a while ... so thanks for the gentle nudge. 8-)

DCArt ( ) posted Fri, 10 February 2006 at 9:14 PM

Isn't he cute? This was a special gift from Les and Rebeckah so thank them for such a furry friendly werewolf! He comes with lots of morphs for expression and such, and his materials take advantage of the Poser 6 Material Room.

Walt Sterdan ( ) posted Fri, 10 February 2006 at 9:36 PM

Fantastic! Thanks very much for the preview; I'd been see-sawing about buying the book, but this tips it over. Good salesmanship! ;-) Thanks again, he's great. -- Walt Sterdan

hauksdottir ( ) posted Sat, 11 February 2006 at 12:32 AM

Uh-oh. Full Moon is Sunday. I'm scheduled to be out photographing moonrise from the Pt Bonita Lighthouse. Isolated lighthouses, searching light and deep shadows, and a howling on the wind? The lighthouse actually has functional gargoyles to keep the rain from sheeting down the windows, but there is no way to get the photo I want from up there. (The park service is scared somebody will touch their fresnel lens.) I doubt if the gargoyles would help much against werewolves, anyway! Carolly

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.