Fri, Sep 20, 12:26 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 19 11:01 pm)

Subject: Does Poser 6 make your mouse act weird?

MikeJ ( ) posted Tue, 24 January 2006 at 9:50 PM · edited Thu, 25 July 2024 at 9:39 PM

This has happened three times now, and I'm pretty sure that somehow Poser 6 is doing it, or maybe it's some kind of incompatability with my mouse drivers, but it affects my keyboard too, and seems to semi-crash Poser at the same time. I'll be working on a scene with alot of stuff in it and suddenly my mouse won't "let go" of the camera control, like the button is sticking - but it's not. I have to left-click several times to unstick it, and after that, all is FUBAR'd... My mouse is a Logitech cordless Laser mouse, MX 1000, and it has 3 extra buttons on the side, one which I have programmed to Shift+Ctrl+F (restore figure), ont to Ctrl+M (main Camera), and one for Ctrl+A (restore all). After the weirdness begins, those buttons no longer do anything, and their keyboard equivalents just do...whatever..it's random what happens, and I have to close Poser down. But it doesn't end there, because unless I reboot, my keyboard shortcuts don't work in anything else at all. I can type and use any of the other butons like My Computer, etc, but no keyboard shortcut assignments whatsoever. It's got to be something happening with Poser causing this, as I don't get anything at all like this with any other programs. Win XP SP2 with all the latest Microslop updates. I'm just curious if anyone else has seen anything like this and maybe has a simple answer like, Oh yeah, you have to edit the Poser INI line 245 where it says "screw with my mouse and keyboard" change it to "leave my HID alone..."

Acadia ( ) posted Tue, 24 January 2006 at 10:00 PM

Quote - Logitech cordless Laser mouse

I bought one of those several years ago and had nothing but problems with it "sticking" on the screen. I called Logitech and they had me do a bunch of things in safemode to see if it was my system or the mouse. The cursor stuck in safemode too. They determined it must be the mouse so they sent me a replacement. The replacement did the same thing. I finally gave them to Goodwill in one of my charity donations. I now have a MS Optical mouse (with a cord). I like it so much that the last time I replaced it, I bought 2 so I could have one on hand just in case they stop making them for whatever reason. LOL

"It is good to see ourselves as others see us. Try as we may, we are never
able to know ourselves fully as we are, especially the evil side of us.
This we can do only if we are not angry with our critics but will take in good
heart whatever they might have to say." - Ghandi

MikeJ ( ) posted Tue, 24 January 2006 at 10:28 PM

Actually, this is my second Logitech laser mouse, which I just bought a couple weeks ago. The first one lasted only 6 months, and when it went out it was the LMB that simply stopped working. Before I bought this second one I tried the MS cordless laser mouse, but it hurt my wrist and didn't have the extra buttons I've come to rely on, plus it's not rechargeable like the logitech. Now this one works fina all day long no matter what I'm doing with it, but only starts acting up in Poser, and even then not all the time, just occasionally. shrug

Jules53757 ( ) posted Wed, 25 January 2006 at 2:08 AM

Look, if you have the latest Logitech drivers. I am working on my Laptop with a Logitech wireless mouse for years and I had some probs with poser until I installed the latest driver.

Ulli

"Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience!"

PXP ( ) posted Wed, 25 January 2006 at 5:22 AM

I also have a Logotech wireless mouse and I have been using this device with my PC and P6 for over five months now and have not had any problems with it. I would go along with Jules53757 and make sure that you have the latest Logotech drivers. PXP

PXP ( ) posted Wed, 25 January 2006 at 5:23 AM

Sorry about the typo error I obviously meant "Logitech" PXP :)

davidgibson ( ) posted Wed, 25 January 2006 at 6:44 AM

I have been using a wired logitech for years without any problems, however Poser sometimes makes me act weird(er).

chinnei ( ) posted Wed, 25 January 2006 at 9:42 AM

I am also using MX1000 and I too have some problems but not as severe as yours. In my case the cursor stutters when I move around poser and cause me to click on the wrong items or lose track of it. I am not sure what exactly is causing this but seems to happen randomly. This is a bluetooth version but I also had similar problem with the their older wireless optical version that I upgraded from. I've tried using the latest driver, using different usb/serial port, using without their setpoint software, fresh install of the system, and none seems to fix this problem. One thing that you might wanna try is to disable the "enhance pointer precision" under mouse option using the mouse properties in control panel.

Only reason I've stuck with the logitech is because their mouse has more buttons and was hoping that the bluetooth version somehow fixed this problem but I guess I am cursed from using their product. I also use microsoft explorer optical wireless and it works fine like it should. My only gripe with it is I wish it had few more buttons which I became very accustomed to using with the logitech. But, regardless, I think I am done with using logitech mouse ever, their keyboard on the other hand... :)

MikeJ ( ) posted Wed, 25 January 2006 at 12:09 PM

chinnei, I tried all that which you suggest, and it still happens, as I said before and as you also pointed out, randomly. Well, glad to hear it's not just me, at least!

JHoagland ( ) posted Wed, 25 January 2006 at 12:23 PM

I use a Wacom tablet, plugged into the USB port. Every so often, after I render a scene, the tablet will stop responding. I have to move the mouse (which is connected to the serial port) to get the tablet to start responding again. I'm pretty sure Poser does something to the USB port (or maybe the tablet) after rendering, which prevents it from moving the pointer. --John

VanishingPoint... Advanced 3D Modeling Solutions

MikeJ ( ) posted Wed, 25 January 2006 at 12:31 PM

Yeah, I meant to mention that too. Same thing here, when the mouse goes goofy - the tablet goes as well. I have a Grapphire. But thinking about it, it is after rendering that this happens, rather after rendering many times in a session.

layingback ( ) posted Wed, 25 January 2006 at 7:14 PM

If you are using OpenGL and you do not have the latest Logitech drivers, then you could have problems. They added a feature related to game play, and for several revs of the driver there was no way to disable it - which you needed to do for any OpenGL app! My driver is 9.97, but different mouse, so number may vary. But you are looking for "Disable acceration in games", on the Motion panel in mine, and you want to UNcheck it.

MikeJ ( ) posted Thu, 26 January 2006 at 4:33 PM

Thanks, I'll try that and see if it happens again.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.