Fri, Sep 20, 12:35 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 19 11:01 pm)

Subject: Shiny Wood Floors - Poser 5 Parquet???

Zarabanda ( ) posted Fri, 27 January 2006 at 2:36 PM · edited Fri, 20 September 2024 at 12:31 AM

Can poser 5 materials be set up to recreate the visual effect of a shiny wood floor, like an indoor basketball court? This is a little tricky, because it would be using a 2d square primitive which is harder to show highlights on than a sphere for example. Im not sure how to get that "shiny" look on a flat square. I'd be equally interested in using photoshop postwork to achieve the same effect, if thats possible.

SamTherapy ( ) posted Fri, 27 January 2006 at 2:57 PM

Yes, you can do it in Poser 5. You need to attach a Reflect node to the floor material. You'll have to play around with the amount of reflection in order to get it realistic, though. It may be quite a lot lower than you think, maybe around 0.1 or less, otherwise the floor will be unrealistically reflective, like a tinted mirror.

Coppula eam se non posit acceptera jocularum.

My Store

My Gallery

templargfx ( ) posted Fri, 27 January 2006 at 6:57 PM · edited Fri, 27 January 2006 at 7:00 PM

yes, using a ray-trace/reflect node is the way to go.

for wood floors, the quality of the reflection should be turned RIGHT down.(varnish doesnt reflect very accurately)

to get a more realistic look, you should also have some bump mapping applied at a low amount. If your using an image as the texture of the basketball court, use that as the bump map. If you have a basket-ball court texture map, upload it here, and Ill do you up an example

Message edited on: 01/27/2006 19:00

TemplarGFX
3D Hobbyist since 1996
I use poser native units

167 Car Materials for Poser

Zarabanda ( ) posted Sun, 29 January 2006 at 1:08 PM

file_322191.png

thanks so much for the advice. templar, sorry this sample took a while to post. can you post a sample render and screen shot of the material settings? TY :)

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.