Sat, Sep 21, 6:07 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 21 3:32 pm)

Subject: Face reference shots

starbase1 ( ) posted Sat, 28 January 2006 at 6:21 AM · edited Thu, 15 August 2024 at 6:16 AM

It's not actually for Poser, but as thats the main people pics package, this seemed the best place to ask... I'm looking to buy a set of images of human faces. They don't have to be very high resolution - they will end up being used at PAL DVD resolution, 720x756 pixels. But I do want them to be looking pretty much straight at the camera, and with plain backgrounds. I will need about 50 or so that I can use. The end objective is to make a sequence a bit like the old 10cc video for 'Cry' where you have a sequence of smoothly morphing faces changing into each other. Can anyone point me at any suitable products / resources? Nick

steerpike ( ) posted Sat, 28 January 2006 at 6:43 AM · edited Sat, 28 January 2006 at 6:45 AM

I'd either go to www.3d.sk, or browse for the site owner's name (levius) here at Renderosity. For a one-off payment on one of his marketplace items, or a month's subscription at his site, you should get what you need.

The images he has are high-res, so you'll be able to get the image size you want without losing quality.

And I remember the Godley/Creme 'Cry' video; haven't seen it in probably 20 years. It was groundbreaking stuff in its day.

Message edited on: 01/28/2006 06:45

EnglishBob ( ) posted Sat, 28 January 2006 at 7:44 AM

Attached Link: http://free-textures.got3d.com/natural/free-character-references/index.html

There's also character references at Got3d.com, including some free ones. I downloaded them as face room fodder, once I get around to trying that out.

starbase1 ( ) posted Sat, 28 January 2006 at 8:41 AM

Thanks - the Got3d stuff looks ideal for a test run. I was not familiar with www.3d.sk before, it's rather overkill for what I have in mind, but certanly a marvellous resous for future reference, thanks. I was very impressed with those head textures - is it straightforward to use them on (say) M3? I could not see e reference to the mapping used... Nick

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.