Thu, Sep 19, 5:44 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / MarketPlace Customers

Welcome to the MarketPlace Customers Forum

Forum Moderators: tim, msansing, ebasham

MarketPlace Customers F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 19 9:13 am)

Contact and Support Information:

To reach our Marketplace staff, please open a support ticket at
support.renderosity.com

Our goal is to respond to support tickets within 24 hours, 7 days a week.

Subject: The Product Review system is back!

ClintH ( ) posted Fri, 27 January 2006 at 5:41 PM · edited Thu, 19 September 2024 at 5:33 PM

One of the most requested features by customers and merchants is now back! Product Reviews! Here are some highlights: - We have some nice new star images. - We are using full stars (no more 1/2 stars). Star rating will be rounded up as needed. - Customers can locate the Product Review page from the top of the Accounting page. - Once a review has been left by the customer it will no longer appear on their Product Review page. - The sort by Ranking link in the MarketPlace works. - Customers have 60 days after the date of purchase to leave a product review. - All old Product Review data has been migrated to the new system. Thank you for your continued support! Clint

Clint Hawkins
MarketPlace Manager/Copyright Agent

All my life I've been over the top ... I don't know what I'm doing ... All I know is I don't wana stop!
(Zakk Wylde (2007))

angelluciano ( ) posted Sat, 28 January 2006 at 7:03 AM

Everything sounds & looks great Clint, except one thing... why do the customers now have a time limit to leave a review? Seems that so long as you purchased the item, you should 'always' be able to leave a review (if you haven't already left one). This new change kind of works 'against' merchants AND the marketplace doesn't it? It would have to considering we never had time limits before, and the amount of good reviews written will surely be less with a time limit. A lot of buyers may not even get around to trying out the product for 60 days... lol... especially depending on what it is, or much free time they have. I know this because I've read reviews where people say they just got around to using the product although they bought it eons ago. I've done the same myself. Would you guys please consider lifting the time-limit thingy? As you know, the more reviews a product has, the better the chances are for a sale.

ClintH ( ) posted Sat, 28 January 2006 at 8:01 AM

It was a balance between system performance and what we felt was enough time for someone to leave a review. Clint

Clint Hawkins
MarketPlace Manager/Copyright Agent

All my life I've been over the top ... I don't know what I'm doing ... All I know is I don't wana stop!
(Zakk Wylde (2007))

angelluciano ( ) posted Sat, 28 January 2006 at 8:11 AM

oh ok... oh well. Hopefully it won't affect sales too much... thanx. angelluciano

DonCavallo ( ) posted Sat, 28 January 2006 at 11:10 AM · edited Sat, 28 January 2006 at 11:12 AM

I am "ONLY" a user. I'm NOT a merchant. First of all I'm VERY happy that the product review is back in the system! :)))
Because in that past, I bought A LOT OF THINGS only because many costumers had written a good review.

And me, myself, I sometimes write a review half a year later or so.

So I totally agree with angelluciano, a time limit is contraproductive. 60 days are just two month and they are gone real fast ...

So, please no time restrictions !!!!!

Message edited on: 01/28/2006 11:11

Message edited on: 01/28/2006 11:12

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.