Tue, Oct 22, 6:40 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 22 3:39 am)

Subject: looking for realistic indoor P6 lightsets?

anxcon ( ) posted Mon, 30 January 2006 at 12:18 AM · edited Tue, 22 October 2024 at 6:32 AM

working on a rather large project in P6 but the indoor lighting is a bit down on the list until other parts of the project have been modelled so need a temp lightset until i get to there :) while its only temp, needs to still be on the higher end of realistic, and i dont want to spend 2 days :P so any know nice lighting for indoors? equivalant to a bit of a cloudy day, so nothing big n bright decently lit up room (due to windows and skylight) so along the lines of indirect sunlight, not lightbulbs :)

MrMongo ( ) posted Mon, 30 January 2006 at 12:22 AM

I was at Runtime DNA and in their freestuf section was a P6 interior light set. It looked pretty good from what I could see. hth

templargfx ( ) posted Mon, 30 January 2006 at 1:40 AM

Attached Link: http://stupes.customer.netspace.net.au/Light.zip

You can try using my lightset that I made up. its a generalised one, but it uses IBL and is quite easy to use and change. if you look in my gallery, the last 8 images are all done with this lightset (the Titanium Blaster image is actually an indoor scene) just download from above

TemplarGFX
3D Hobbyist since 1996
I use poser native units

167 Car Materials for Poser

jartz ( ) posted Mon, 30 January 2006 at 1:42 AM

" I was at Runtime DNA and in their freestuf section was a P6 interior light set. It looked pretty good from what I could see. hth " MrMongo - Where did you find the freebie? I looked everywhere for it and it's basic freestuff. Was it in their newsletter? Thanks jlovesart2

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Asus N50-600 - Intel Core i5-8400 CPU @ 2.80GHz · Windows 10 Home/11 upgrade 64-bit · 16GB DDR4 RAM · 1TB SSD and 1TB HDD; Graphics: NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1060 - 6GB GDDR5 VRAM; Software: Poser Pro 11x

Xena ( ) posted Mon, 30 January 2006 at 1:48 AM

bookmark :) I suck at P6 lighting LOL

Acadia ( ) posted Mon, 30 January 2006 at 2:23 AM

RDNA has a tutorial on their front page about IBL lights. It's very helpful and after a few bottles of Tylenol (kidding), I managed to understand it.

"It is good to see ourselves as others see us. Try as we may, we are never
able to know ourselves fully as we are, especially the evil side of us.
This we can do only if we are not angry with our critics but will take in good
heart whatever they might have to say." - Ghandi

MrMongo ( ) posted Mon, 30 January 2006 at 10:01 AM

JLovesart2: It's right on thier website. Here's the path: RDNA freestuff link, on the freestuff page there's a "Freebie Sections" under that is a RDNA lights link. On the 4th page of that section are two lights that could fit what you're asking for: Softlight and Whitelight vol. 2. Xena: there's a pretty good tute on basic lighting on RDNA that may be good for ya. buh-bye m!ke

anxcon ( ) posted Mon, 30 January 2006 at 11:18 AM

thx all :P

stephaniebt ( ) posted Mon, 30 January 2006 at 11:22 AM

Hey templargfx thanks for the lights! :)

jartz ( ) posted Mon, 30 January 2006 at 3:12 PM

Thanks MrMongo for your help, you're right I found them. to templargfx: Thanks for making those lights, and your galleries are great. jlovesart2

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Asus N50-600 - Intel Core i5-8400 CPU @ 2.80GHz · Windows 10 Home/11 upgrade 64-bit · 16GB DDR4 RAM · 1TB SSD and 1TB HDD; Graphics: NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1060 - 6GB GDDR5 VRAM; Software: Poser Pro 11x

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.