Fri, Sep 20, 9:51 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Blender

Welcome to the Blender Forum

Forum Moderators: Lobo3433 Forum Coordinators: LuxXeon

Blender F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 15 9:06 pm)

Welcome to the Blender Forum!

Your place to learn about Blender, ask questions,
   exchange ideas, and interact with the other Blender users!

Gallery | Freestuff | Tutorials

Visit the Renderosity MarketPlace. Your source for digital art content!

Subject: Yafray site is gone.

fuzzoom ( ) posted Tue, 24 January 2006 at 10:47 PM · edited Mon, 09 September 2024 at 1:15 AM

I wanted to download Yafray. When I went to the Yafray site (yafray.org), it was gone, there was some other site in it's place. Does anyone know if there is another site where I could download Yafray?

archdruid ( ) posted Wed, 25 January 2006 at 12:01 AM

If it's the Wininstall you need, I have an archived copy... you can IM me to let me know where to send it. Lou.

"..... and that was when things got interestiing."

haloedrain ( ) posted Wed, 25 January 2006 at 12:20 AM

Oh no! Looks like the domain name expired. It may be back in a few days I suppose (???), but if not I've got the windows installer too (version 0.0.8.2).

archdruid ( ) posted Wed, 25 January 2006 at 12:29 AM

Yeah, same as me.... Ever since a brownout in L.A. wiped four hours of ML work, I archive EVERYTHING. Lou.

"..... and that was when things got interestiing."

fuzzoom ( ) posted Wed, 25 January 2006 at 2:09 AM

Thanks archdruid and haloedrain. I checked out some other Blender forums and found out that the domain name did expire. Some Blender users have contacted Yafray's developers and they are apparently working on getting the site back online. But if it isn't back soon, I will definitely get back to you about sending me a copy of the installer. Thanks! :-)

haloedrain ( ) posted Sat, 28 January 2006 at 6:31 PM

Seems to be up again :)

fuzzoom ( ) posted Mon, 30 January 2006 at 12:48 PM

I just downloaded the renderer. :-)

Silgrin ( ) posted Thu, 02 February 2006 at 3:36 AM · edited Thu, 02 February 2006 at 3:41 AM

Wow, looked like a disaster:O How could they allow sth like that happen?! Hope it won`t ever happen to blender.org :P

Lucky it was a temporary disaster:)

Message edited on: 02/02/2006 03:40

Message edited on: 02/02/2006 03:41

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.