Tue, Oct 22, 5:44 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 22 3:39 am)

Subject: Zygote/3DScience.com $100 dollar coupon?

new_tower ( ) posted Thu, 02 February 2006 at 4:29 AM · edited Tue, 22 October 2024 at 3:39 AM

Has anyone worked out a way of spending 3DScience's $100 coupon without spending anything much more? I'd like to get my hands on the blood particles and virus models, but I can't get it to go over $100 without going to $120. It's probably just a coincidental quirk of their pricing structure, rather than a cynical marketing ploy, but ten quid is a lot of money just to have a go at doing Fantastic Voyage in Poser

Acadia ( ) posted Thu, 02 February 2006 at 4:55 AM

I think the idea behind such coupons is to generate sales, not give away "freebies". Paying $20.00 for $120 worth of products seems like a real bargain to me.

"It is good to see ourselves as others see us. Try as we may, we are never
able to know ourselves fully as we are, especially the evil side of us.
This we can do only if we are not angry with our critics but will take in good
heart whatever they might have to say." - Ghandi

jarm ( ) posted Thu, 02 February 2006 at 6:03 AM

Where is this coupon? If there's a bargain to be had...

artbyphil ( ) posted Thu, 02 February 2006 at 6:40 AM

I got that coupon I couldent find anything on there site that didnt cost thousands, i must be looking in the wrong place

jarm ( ) posted Thu, 02 February 2006 at 6:54 AM

I just got a load of cells and viruses for $11, if you scroll down the first page store they're all at the bottom and on the 2nd page.

jarm ( ) posted Thu, 02 February 2006 at 7:02 AM

Also note that these models seem to be untextured, the images on the website are heavily postworked. So be warned.

Carcinogen ( ) posted Thu, 02 February 2006 at 7:33 AM

Where else but the 3D world would you pay to acquire a virus? I got Escherichia coli, Girardia, the animal pack (which has a many of the animals that came with Poser; but a couple of animals that I did not have, but they are unrigged and not UV Mapped), a neuron, and nice tutorial on how to "Become a 3D Art Professional". The catch is, it has to be 100 dollar or more value to use the 100 off coupon. It ended up costing me 3 dollars and something, after I used the coupon. I may or may not use this stuff, but it was well worth it to me just to check it all out. And I am sure I can glean some kernel of knowledge from the tutorial, and may end up playing around and rigging or texturing some of the other things. I think it shows an effort on their part to reach out to the hobbyists rather than just educational facilities and medical schools.

new_tower ( ) posted Thu, 02 February 2006 at 8:38 AM

Thank you for your helpful replies, particularly jarm for pointing out that the models are untextured (I hadn't realised), and to Carcinogen for mentioning the animal collection. I've placed my order for $100.66 - mission accomplished!

One of the reasons I asked for assistance was because the 3DScience website wasn't cooperating very well with my browser last time I went there, but it didn't seem so bad today. It's still a bit alarming moving among prices like that.

And to Acadia may I offer a proverb, which I think is Spanish, or possibly Greek:
"Poor men are full of schemes..."

Peggy_Walters ( ) posted Thu, 02 February 2006 at 8:55 AM

Carcinogen, how did you get the neuron? When I went to the page, it had no price info... Got a few other virus for $8 after the $100 off. Will be fun to play around with and good items to practice my texturing skills (which I have none of yet!). Thanks for pointing out this link and the coupon! Peggy

LVS - Where Learning is Fun!  
http://www.lvsonline.com/index.html

Scarab ( ) posted Thu, 02 February 2006 at 3:42 PM

Peggy, when you pull up the neuron display, on the toolbar at the top of it, hit "license it" and it will take you to a page with the price ($19.95) and the "add to cart" button. Scarab

Scarab ( ) posted Thu, 02 February 2006 at 3:45 PM

PS: be sure to watch the Zygote animation! S.

Scarab ( ) posted Thu, 02 February 2006 at 4:22 PM

OOOOoookaaaay...... having bought $108.66 worth of stuff for $8.66....I now have purchase number and no idea where to go to download my purchases. Anybody? Scarab

Scarab ( ) posted Thu, 02 February 2006 at 5:24 PM

Turns out for some reason my browser is not displaying the login-orderstatus-logout icons. I have been on the phone with Michael Valentine of Zygote and he has been very helpful. He will be emailing me my purchases....Three cheers for good customer service!!! Scarab

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.