Mon, Sep 23, 11:28 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 23 10:58 pm)

Subject: Alpha Channels / Masks ?

Jason2k ( ) posted Tue, 27 September 2005 at 6:22 AM ยท edited Sat, 10 August 2024 at 7:54 AM

Hi all, I'm sure this has been asked a number of times but I have searched and can't find an exact reference. I wan't to be able to create a character on Poser 5 then import it into Photoshop CS and strip away the background etc leaving only the character so I can apply a background layer etc. I have seen references to Alpha channels and masks but I can't seem to figure out exactly how to do this. If someone can gine be a quick and dirty run down on it or point me to a tutorial I would be much appreciative. Thanks in advance :)

Casette ( ) posted Tue, 27 September 2005 at 6:28 AM

CASETTE
=======
"Poser isn't a SOFTWARE... it's a RELIGION!"

xantor ( ) posted Tue, 27 September 2005 at 7:29 AM

Render just the figure and save the file as a png and it will have an alpha channel.

Acadia ( ) posted Tue, 27 September 2005 at 8:08 AM

When you save the file in poser... save it as a .png file. Or alternatively, you can save it as a .tiff file and then in the graphic program apply a new mask layer and it will remove the background. Don't forget to delete the mask later once done. Otherwise if you add colour to that layer, it will be as a mask instead of a true layer.

"It is good to see ourselves as others see us. Try as we may, we are never
able to know ourselves fully as we are, especially the evil side of us.
This we can do only if we are not angry with our critics but will take in good
heart whatever they might have to say." - Ghandi

Jason2k ( ) posted Tue, 27 September 2005 at 3:54 PM

Thanks a bunch all. I have now figured it out with your help :)

DeepLayers ( ) posted Fri, 10 February 2006 at 11:09 AM

I knew there had to be a way. I was also right in figuring that this question had been asked before and probably answered. There's no telling how much information is on this site. I love this forum. Ya'll play nice! Deep

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.