Sat, Sep 21, 6:36 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 21 3:32 pm)

Subject: Make a MAT Pose from the Materials Room?

Wampyir ( ) posted Sat, 11 February 2006 at 2:55 PM · edited Sat, 21 September 2024 at 6:22 PM

Hello. I was wondering if anyone can tell me how (if it's possible) to make a MAT pose from a Materials file. I've created the Material I want for my figure and saved it in the "Materials" library. Now, is it possible to turn that Material into a MAT pose so I don't have to go into the Materials tab every time I want to use the new texture? I appreciate any and all help; thanks.

semidieu ( ) posted Sat, 11 February 2006 at 4:13 PM

Yes you can... You must edit the file and change the "mtlcollection" (in the first lines) by "figure". Rename it as a pz2 and you have you MAT pose. Also, i know that if you take a MAT pose (pz2) and rename it as a material collection (mc6), you don't need to edit... It will works fine. I'm now rendering, so i can't check if you really need to edit the file to "convert" the material collection to a MAT pose. Hope it helps...

Little_Dragon ( ) posted Sat, 11 February 2006 at 4:18 PM

Assuming this is a MAT for a figure, and not a prop, open the file in a text editor (uncompressing it if necessary), and change:

mtlCollection or actor $CURRENT

to

figure

Then save the file to a pose folder and give it a PZ2 extension.

semidieu ( ) posted Sat, 11 February 2006 at 4:22 PM

Hey cool... how do you write in red ? Do you need to use standart html code ?

Little_Dragon ( ) posted Sat, 11 February 2006 at 4:23 PM

Sorry, crossposted.

Other pose files can be moved, also. I have a bunch of utility poses to lock body parts, toggle visibility, etc., and they all work fine from the Material library.

Little_Dragon ( ) posted Sat, 11 February 2006 at 4:35 PM

Yeah, standard HTML.

mathman ( ) posted Sat, 11 February 2006 at 4:59 PM

bookmark

Francemi ( ) posted Sat, 11 February 2006 at 9:08 PM

Make sure you save your materials as a material collection though... not as a single material. This doesn't work to create a matpose.

France, Proud Owner of

KCTC Freebies  

Wampyir ( ) posted Sat, 11 February 2006 at 10:31 PM

Thanks everyone! It worked like a charm!

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.