Sat, Sep 21, 6:29 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 21 3:32 pm)

Subject: HELP ME!! Caught up in "Toon Shading" Craze!!!

ghelmer ( ) posted Sun, 12 February 2006 at 2:24 PM · edited Mon, 29 July 2024 at 4:20 AM

file_325946.jpg

After seeing all the "Toon Shaded" pics in the gallery lately I had to give it a go!!! Poser 6's toon nodes are awesome!!! I thought I'd have to use Illustrate in Max to get these results but I guess I was wrong!!! Gerard

The GR00VY GH0ULIE!

You are pure, you are snow
We are the useless sluts that they mould
Rock n roll is our epiphany
Culture, alienation, boredom and despair

majesticartist ( ) posted Sun, 12 February 2006 at 4:50 PM

this is really good!!! but sorry,cant help ya....LOL Would like to see more tho..:) Nancy

estherau ( ) posted Sun, 12 February 2006 at 6:23 PM

Great work! YOu going to get manga studio to do the speach balloons and panels etc? Lvoe esther

MY ONLINE COMIC IS NOW LIVE

I aim to update it about once a month.  Oh, and it's free!

ghelmer ( ) posted Sun, 12 February 2006 at 6:34 PM

No Manga Studio for me... I want to do animation with these shaders... Me & my 6 year old have both been watching tons of anime lately... Watch the kiddie stuff with her but stuff like Trigun, Cowboy Bebop & Witch Hunter Robin are my shows!! G

The GR00VY GH0ULIE!

operaguy ( ) posted Sun, 12 February 2006 at 7:28 PM

ghelmer that's a very fine launch image. Go go go! And, of course, you will have WONDERFULLY QUICK render times. I envy you! Remember: the joke, story or mood can be conveyed by any of 50 types of animation, it's all in the storytelling! You've got a cute couple there! Good luck! ::::: Opera :::::

ghelmer ( ) posted Sun, 12 February 2006 at 7:58 PM

Thanks Opera! The one cool thing (for a slacker like me LOL!) is that there's very little movement in traditional anime... lots of just standing there and the occasional blink and with action shots there's the about to attack/pounce/whatever pose then a flash evoking swift movement then the character is frozen with sword/weapon of choice/fist poised over fallen recipient of the aforementioned assault! I'm going to work on some nice flat mats for buildings etc next... going to quite enjoy Poser for the next while!!! I've had a new project in mind for a few weeks now and this is going to work out beautifully! :) G

The GR00VY GH0ULIE!

ghelmer ( ) posted Sun, 12 February 2006 at 9:47 PM

file_325947.jpg

Here's what my 6& 3/4 daughter came up with... I did help a wee bit in the material room but she dressed and posed them... I just added 1 point light and looks pretty good for a 6 year olds work! Bet she'll be better than me in no time! G

The GR00VY GH0ULIE!

ghelmer ( ) posted Mon, 13 February 2006 at 2:02 AM

Attached Link: http://www.renderosity.com/viewed.ez?galleryid=1156335&Start=1&Sectionid=1&filter_genre_id=0&WhatsN

file_325948.jpg

Here's one I just posted in the gallery! I like it!! link is to big version! G

The GR00VY GH0ULIE!

TrekkieGrrrl ( ) posted Mon, 13 February 2006 at 7:05 AM

Heh yeah.. kids and Poser = sure way to feel inadequate in a blink. Granted my youngest daughter is 10 now, but.. she has made Poser pics that annoys me because.. they're GOOD! Just bought Manga Studio for the oldest kid. I dare not think of what she'll do with that.. she's getting so good at drawing that it's sickening LOL The last pic you posted here is avsolutely awesome! I love the mix of anime and real background!

FREEBIES! | My Gallery | My Store | My FB | Tumblr |
You just can't put the words "Poserites" and "happy" in the same sentence - didn't you know that? LaurieA
  Using Poser since 2002. Currently at Version 11.1 - Win 10.

Xena ( ) posted Mon, 13 February 2006 at 4:00 PM

Ghelmer - thanks for that piccy :) I've never seen my Kai outfit in a toon shot. Now I guess I have to go figure out how to do toon in P6, don't I ;)

Wampyir ( ) posted Wed, 15 February 2006 at 6:48 AM

Ghelmer, these toon renders are fantastic. Why not write up a tutorial on how you did them? I'm curious (and envious) as heck.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.