Sat, Oct 5, 1:23 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 05 11:52 am)

Subject: Poser stuff can run on DAZ Studio, right?

ReelBigFish ( ) posted Thu, 16 February 2006 at 4:31 PM · edited Sat, 05 October 2024 at 1:22 PM

Can't all of the stuff for Poser run on DAZ Studio? And if I download something for DAZ Studio, how can I use it in DAZ? Do you know what I mean? If you need clarification, just ask. Thanks.

Mystic-Nights ( ) posted Thu, 16 February 2006 at 4:38 PM

Any P4 or Pro Pack items will work in Daz Studio. Only some P5 and P6 items will work. Dynamic hair and clothes will not. And if P5 or P6 material shaders are used they won't work in Daz. If you download a Poser file that you want to use, just go inside the Content folder of Daz and then place the Poser items in the Runtime folder like you would in Poser.

ReelBigFish ( ) posted Thu, 16 February 2006 at 4:40 PM · edited Thu, 16 February 2006 at 4:48 PM

Thanks so much! I like doing this kind of stuff but I wanna know if I'm REALLY into it before I go and spend 200 bucks on POSER. Oh, I'm having more trouble... I did what you said, I extracted all of the files from the zip folder and into runtime. But how do I actually bring them into the scene or get them to show up on the little thingy on the left where I select my objects from?

Message edited on: 02/16/2006 16:48

randym77 ( ) posted Thu, 16 February 2006 at 4:43 PM

Not all P4/PP items work in D|S. Most do, but I don't think magnets do. Or partial MAT files. Probably a few other things.

randym77 ( ) posted Thu, 16 February 2006 at 4:51 PM

This is the Poser forum. You should probably ask your questions in the DAZ|Studio forum, or better yet, at DAZ. (They have a DAZ|Studio forum, too, as well as a bunch of tutorials and such.)

You might find this tutorial helpful in getting started:

http://www.daz3d.com/support/tutorial/tutorial.php?id=910

ReelBigFish ( ) posted Thu, 16 February 2006 at 4:55 PM

Oh, sorry about that. I looked for a DAZ forums, but I found it after I had already posted this one. Thanks.

maclean ( ) posted Thu, 16 February 2006 at 7:51 PM

Attached Link: http://forum.daz3d.com/viewtopic.php?t=24801&highlight=

If you follow the link, it'll take you to the daz studio FAQ. It should answer most of your questions and get you started. If you need more help after that, there's a daz studio forum here, and one at DAZ. There are items that won't work in DS, but you'll find that 95% of the content available works fine. mac

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.