Thu, Sep 19, 9:33 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 19 9:32 am)

Subject: I'm not sure WHAT this is...

TrekkieGrrrl ( ) posted Wed, 22 February 2006 at 2:18 AM · edited Wed, 21 August 2024 at 12:29 PM

Attached Link: My Homepage

file_328621.jpg

... but it followed me home =o) And now it's available for free. A face morph and Poser 6 texture (texture is based on one of Ajax' free shaders) for Aiko 3. All new morph. On my homepage now, and soon through Free Stuff here as well :o) ~Have Fun

FREEBIES! | My Gallery | My Store | My FB | Tumblr |
You just can't put the words "Poserites" and "happy" in the same sentence - didn't you know that? LaurieA
  Using Poser since 2002. Currently at Version 11.1 - Win 10.

Valandar ( ) posted Wed, 22 February 2006 at 2:52 AM

A camoflage fuzzbaby? A hare-toothed hairball? A doe-eared doewuzzle?

Remember, kids! Napalm is Nature's Toothpaste!

Jules53757 ( ) posted Wed, 22 February 2006 at 2:56 AM

Great! And these teeth. Camouflage rabbit woman? Be aware of the Foxes ;)

Ulli

"Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience!"

vilian ( ) posted Wed, 22 February 2006 at 5:02 AM

Huh ? Dunno what it is, but I'm taking it home right now ^^ Thank you very much :) Can't use the shader being on ProPack, but there was a nice freebie fox texture here in R'osity freestuff, and deer/furry package for Aiko at PoserClub.jp freebies. Hope this info helps P4/PP/D|S users who would like to play with her too :-)

Outdated gallery over at DeviantArt

Fics at FanFiction.net and Archive of Our Own (AO3)

Phantast ( ) posted Wed, 22 February 2006 at 5:18 AM

It's a grozzit, I think.

Casette ( ) posted Wed, 22 February 2006 at 6:36 AM · edited Wed, 22 February 2006 at 6:38 AM

So these are the things you do with your guinea pig scannings...

MWHA

Question: your texture has displacement or you added it only for your AIKOGUINEAPIG render? (her name is GUINNY, THE GUINEA FURRYTHING :P )

Message edited on: 02/22/2006 06:38

CASETTE
=======
"Poser isn't a SOFTWARE... it's a RELIGION!"

Indoda ( ) posted Wed, 22 February 2006 at 7:29 AM

Whatever it is it looks like a lot fun. Thanks TG.

The important thing is not to stop questioning.
- Albert Einstein

Indoda

Casette ( ) posted Wed, 22 February 2006 at 7:31 AM

TG? Trekkkie GuineaPiggg? :D

CASETTE
=======

Gareee ( ) posted Wed, 22 February 2006 at 7:48 AM

What??? You guys can't recognise a Dust Bunny? Hell, I see them all the TIME!

Way too many people take way too many things way too seriously.

Casette ( ) posted Wed, 22 February 2006 at 8:33 AM

DUST BUNNY... MWHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAA

CASETTE
=======

4blueyes ( ) posted Wed, 22 February 2006 at 10:24 AM

file_328622.jpg

One of these? :) Michal 4blueyes

TrekkieGrrrl ( ) posted Wed, 22 February 2006 at 11:21 AM

Awwww. a guineapig melts They're so CUTE! Yeah perhaps it IS a sort of guineapig.. I'm not sure.. it does make those little squealing noises wen..erhm.. uh.. oh nevermind....

You just can't put the words "Poserites" and "happy" in the same sentence - didn't you know that? LaurieA

vilian ( ) posted Wed, 22 February 2006 at 11:58 AM

Nah, it's not a guinea pig for sure. They have shorter and more roundes ears than this Aiko-something-lady ;) But can't deny it - she's cute, and real guinea pigs are even cuter :)

Outdated gallery over at DeviantArt

Fics at FanFiction.net and Archive of Our Own (AO3)

pakled ( ) posted Wed, 22 February 2006 at 12:16 PM

..when little kids imagine their teddy bears come to life, and turn evil...next on Donahue..;)

I wish I'd said that.. The Staircase Wit

anahl nathrak uth vas betude doth yel dyenvey..;)

albertdelfosse ( ) posted Wed, 22 February 2006 at 12:44 PM

it's a wereguinea pig the guy next door to me turns into one every full moon.

TrekkieGrrrl ( ) posted Wed, 22 February 2006 at 12:50 PM

Hehe.. Actually.. the whole thing started because I wanted to make mouse/guineapig ears for Aiko. I had made some, by mistake, on another character (where I didn't save them because that wasn't what I wanted) .. and then it evolved into this critter :o) BTW.. the teeth.. Use Aiko's own Teeth Gone to move the teeth front/back and get rid of the teeth beside the "rabbit teeth" - ther eIS a morph that makes the two front teeth larger but it deosnt default make the rest go away. I didn't think of that until I was posing her for this shot :o)

Foxseelady ( ) posted Wed, 22 February 2006 at 1:53 PM

a Guinaaiko?? lol I think she's adorable, hey maybe a guinyoka?? At any rate I love her and thank you muchly for her. :)

Arien ( ) posted Wed, 22 February 2006 at 5:35 PM

Aw this is cute! Thank yoU!

My store

NolosQuinn ( ) posted Wed, 22 February 2006 at 8:32 PM

I'm not downloading that!

It scares me.

Really.

'I'm paying for this movie. I want guns'

AntoniaTiger ( ) posted Thu, 23 February 2006 at 5:08 AM

I've done fur textures using P5/6 shaders, and I'd suggest the boundaries are a bit too sharp. I used the Clouds node for the colouring. If you wanted large blotches, such as the Spots node can give, it would be worth using Clouds for the colour inputs to give slight variations. I'll have a close look at this one and see what I can come up with.

AntoniaTiger ( ) posted Thu, 23 February 2006 at 5:59 AM

file_328623.jpg

OK, I did some tweaking. It's worth increasing the softness on all three Spots nodes to 0.2 and darkening the lighter colours in the blender nodes. Also, the problem with this sort of procedural shader and head-shape is that the nose tends to vanish. I think I'd make up a texturemap to control a set of blender nodes which applies a different colouring and bump/displacement setting for the nose.

There are several map-compatible texturesets which include a bump/displacement texture which will work better than plain noise. This also seems set a little strongly.
Yes, it does resemble a hard-used teddy-bear with a missing nose.

AntoniaTiger ( ) posted Thu, 23 February 2006 at 7:28 AM

file_328624.jpg

And this uses a couple of black/white texturemaps to switch the colour and the bump/displacement mapping to change the nose and the inside of the ears. And the shaders are starting to look tangled. I don't know why the insides of the ears have those dark patches, but I've seen similar when combining ear morphs. A little displacement may sort it out.

Also, more specular reflection from the nose would be good. This isn't a shader I would have started from, myself. I would have sorted out these basic differences, before adding the colour and fur texturing. But that's maybe just the way I work.

I've had a thought on how to combine the two texturemaps into one, taking advantage of the way that Poser can split a colour image into RGB components. The controlmaps would, I think, need to be a white-on-black, so that a set of three could be combined as RGB channels in the image editor, and the result split in Poser.

TrekkieGrrrl ( ) posted Thu, 23 February 2006 at 7:52 AM

These are GREAT! I must admit that since this all just started as ..an attempt of a mouse ear morph.. I just more oe less slapped the texture on to give it SOME sort of texture... I love your second pic, the nose and inside of the ears did bother me. Your version is so much better!

AntoniaTiger ( ) posted Thu, 23 February 2006 at 8:26 AM

file_328625.jpg

Last one for now, showing the same figure with material settings based on my own furry shader. The main differences are:

1: The bump/displacement settings are at a lower value. Look at the eyebrows and the torso/arm boundary, where Ernyoka's material settings are still in use. This also gives better definition generally to the face.

2: Instead of noise, I've used a tiled texturemap.

3: The nose and ear control maps were combined into one. The different colouring was done with a Tile map. Scale values of 0.33 and 1 split the UV=space into three stripes, of two distinct colours. I didn't bother with the mortar width and colour, but the right settings could give you stripes of three different colours.

Remember that the head is scaled differently to the body in UV-space, by somewhere around 5:1.

AntoniaTiger ( ) posted Thu, 23 February 2006 at 10:41 AM

file_328626.jpg

And here's a fully textured, posed, etc., version, taking advantage of a lot of P6 features.

TrekkieGrrrl ( ) posted Thu, 23 February 2006 at 10:59 AM

Aww I LOVE that one, AntoniaTiger! So cute!

AntoniaTiger ( ) posted Thu, 23 February 2006 at 11:53 AM

file_328627.jpg

That's the basic shader tree I used. The fur bumpmap is from a set of RuntimeDNA freebies, and I did a slight edit to the image to show it full size, rather than the scaled/tiled version Poser would show. I wonder a little if the scale is rather too small.

I've a feeling that the lip and nose colour, and maybe the eyes, don't quite go with the general tonality of the fur. Also, from the different angle, it looks as if I need to do a little more on the ears; the edges just look too thick at the top of the left ear. I want to check how much the mesh is stretched by the morph, and tweak the texturemap.

AntoniaTiger ( ) posted Fri, 24 February 2006 at 6:02 AM

file_328628.jpg

Oh, and critters can be dangerous.

TrekkieGrrrl ( ) posted Fri, 24 February 2006 at 7:07 AM

Wow! You're sure gettin g a lot out of my little "ear" Greatness! I guess I should try to do more of these anthros then...

AntoniaTiger ( ) posted Fri, 24 February 2006 at 7:15 AM

file_328629.jpg

Trouble is, a friend has asked me, "But where's her tail!"

Little_Dragon's Bushy Tail is the usual solution, as shown here.

AntoniaTiger ( ) posted Fri, 24 February 2006 at 8:27 AM

file_328630.jpg

And here's the figure with a tail.

If she followed me home, I'm not quite sure what I'd do.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.