Fri, Sep 20, 2:39 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Carrara

Welcome to the Carrara Forum

Forum Coordinators: Kalypso

Carrara F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 07 1:44 am)

Visit the Carrara Gallery here.

Carrara Free Stuff here.

Visit the Renderosity MarketPlace - Your source for digital art content!

Subject: Architools Plugin? Looking for info...

Techyman ( ) posted Wed, 01 March 2006 at 1:31 PM · edited Fri, 20 September 2024 at 12:33 AM

I was looking into buying the Architools plugin for Carrarra 5 pro, but I know very little about it. Has anybody here used it? How would you rate it for doing building interiors as well as exteriors? Any info would be be very helpful. Thanks in advance.

Hoofdcommissaris ( ) posted Thu, 02 March 2006 at 3:11 AM

Attached Link: Made (quickly) with ArchiTools

The best use is for the 'building' part of houses/buildings. It is very fast and with a lot of presets that come in helpfull. I would reckon it is best used for a bit 'generic' work, when you want to design very special buildings the vertex modeller is probably more to the point. ArchiTools is all about walls, roofs, windows, doors and stairs. The rest still has to be built by you (or others), so in that view it is more of a 'exterior' thing. But you can step inside any house and start decorating it. I am glad to have it in my toolbox!

falconperigot ( ) posted Thu, 02 March 2006 at 7:40 AM

Attached Link: http://www.renderosity.com/viewed.ez?galleryid=790098&Start=19&Artist=mmoir&ByArtist=Yes

Mike Moir uses ArchiTools for some of his images.

ominousplay ( ) posted Thu, 02 March 2006 at 11:43 AM

I have no image to include at this time, but I can say I have rendered images of both the exterior and interior. Unless you build your house, then convert it to the vertex room for finishing, you're stuck with the ArchiBasics. Example: I needed to input a barn style loft door in a 2 story barn, but ArchiTools didn't (that I could find) have a way to put a door or window into the pitched loft, so I did all I could with the tool set then converted to the vertex. Once you convert the vertex room, you can't go back. I wish there were more preset shaders and windows/doors for Architools. I purchased Veloute' just for that purpose, but haven't had time to play around with it yet. As for the interior, I found setting up cameras and lights to be easy, and shading words just like shading domains for the walls, floor, etc. If you want trim, you'll have to do it yourself. R

Never Give Up!

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.