Sat, Sep 21, 7:20 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Vue

Welcome to the Vue Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, TheBryster

Vue F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 20 5:40 am)

Subject: Landscape creation question

Velen ( ) posted Wed, 28 March 2001 at 12:18 AM ยท edited Fri, 16 August 2024 at 3:45 PM

Hi I guess Im missing something, but now mater how hard I try, I can not get auto generate to creat any thing that looks remotly realistic. What it generates would make great stalagtie/mite formations for a cave but for lanscape purosis its worthless. help please. and im still getting crashes :/ with errors being generated in about every dll in the demo directory.

MikeJ ( ) posted Wed, 28 March 2001 at 4:48 AM

Velen, Ypu just have to learn how to fine tune the landscapes with the various effects such as the erosion buttons in the terrain editor, and to apply the effects carefully. Also, increasing the resolution of the terrain will help much. In the terrain editor you have a pair of buttons that will accomplish this: In the box on the mid-left of the terrain editor called, Terrain Size, there are two buttons labelled, /2, an x2. The first will cut the resolution in half and the second will double it. Realistic terrains are easy once you learn how to use the controls well. As for your crashes, I have no idea-- it sounds like some sort of system conflict with other software running at the same time, and again my advice would be to uninstall it and then re-install, and have NOTHING else running during the re-install. I've had Vue crash with ICQ and Norton Crash Guard running, but nothing else. It really is a fairly stable app. It sounds like you need to contact the E-on tech people though for this one. I hope this helps, and hang in there--- landscapes are easy, like I said, once you learn the controls. :) --Mike

bloodsong ( ) posted Wed, 28 March 2001 at 5:50 AM

heyas; the 'auto-generate' seems to just slap on a basic 'mountain.' you really need to edit the terrains to get what you want, in terms of more detail/variance/realism. i think vue 3 was fairly unstable, until they put out the patch for it. it sounds as if the demo might have similar problems. the 3.1 patch fixed the crashing for the most part.

MikeJ ( ) posted Wed, 28 March 2001 at 5:58 AM

Oh yeah--- the patch-- I keep forgetting about that, because when I bought Vue, the CD I got WAS 3.1, so I never had to deal with the patch itself, since it was already there.

Velen ( ) posted Wed, 28 March 2001 at 8:42 AM

Thanks Guys I have fiddedles some more and found the altatude filter and the smoth check box the more or less fixed what i was seeing :) so now I will fiddle with fine tuning. And Im in the processe of documenting everything I can each time it crashes befor i contact them . the Demo is sposta be version 3.1. I have noted the crash seems to be in mfc42.dll most of the time what ever that is and that dll is one of my system dll's not fron Vue as the file install date on my system is months befor Vue. I know in time it will be figured out :) laters Vel

bloodsong ( ) posted Thu, 29 March 2001 at 3:59 PM

heyas; that was the dll crash the patch fixed... well, i should say MOSTLY fixed, because i still get that blasted thing going belly-up on me from time to time :/

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.