Mon, Oct 21, 5:20 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser Python Scripting

Welcome to the Poser Python Scripting Forum

Forum Moderators: Staff

Poser Python Scripting F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 18 2:50 am)

We now have a ProPack Section in the Poser FreeStuff.
Check out the new Poser Python Wish List thread. If you have an idea for a script, jot it down and maybe someone can write it. If you're looking to write a script, check out this thread for useful suggestions.

Also, check out the official Python site for interpreters, sample code, applications, cool links and debuggers. This is THE central site for Python.

You can now attach text files to your posts to pass around scripts. Just attach the script as a txt file like you would a jpg or gif. Since the forum will use a random name for the file in the link, you should give instructions on what the file name should be and where to install it. Its a good idea to usually put that info right in the script file as well.

Checkout the Renderosity MarketPlace - Your source for digital art content!

Subject: Convert Obj groups into separate obj files?

Netherworks ( ) posted Sun, 19 February 2006 at 1:41 PM · edited Sat, 19 October 2024 at 3:46 AM

If possible, I'm making a request for a script that will take a grouped .obj file and separate it into its individual groups as .obj files. So let's say we have a grouped .obj called bubba.obj. It would load bubba.obj and write it into separated obj files: bubba_head.obj bubba_neck.obj bubba_chest.obj and so on. I think many folks might find this useful. It's just way beyond my skill and knowledge of how python handles meshes.

PickersAngel ( ) posted Tue, 21 February 2006 at 7:15 PM

Joe, GMTA. :) I came looking for just that thing, cuz I'm tired of saving all those morphs individually. ;)

Netherworks ( ) posted Tue, 21 February 2006 at 10:43 PM

There's another way. svdl did a script that takes a loaded obj which has been broken down with the grouping tool and transfers those morphs into the figure present in the scene. This script has no restrictions on redistribution or modification so I've added a TK GUI to it with options. I'm still testing it out right now but I'll post it soon.

PickersAngel ( ) posted Wed, 22 February 2006 at 6:00 AM

Absolutely awesome! :)

Netherworks ( ) posted Sun, 26 February 2006 at 3:52 PM

Attached Link: http://www.netherworks-studios.com/nws-utility.htm

done! First one on the link.

PickersAngel ( ) posted Sun, 26 February 2006 at 10:33 PM

Thanks ever so much, Joe. Can't wait to try this out. :)

PickersAngel ( ) posted Sat, 04 March 2006 at 2:44 AM

This is so totally incredible!!! Joe, you're my hero. :)

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.