Sun, Sep 22, 7:33 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Vue

Welcome to the Vue Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, TheBryster

Vue F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 20 5:40 am)

Subject: Hello everyone :)

Balaenanun ( ) posted Sun, 05 March 2006 at 1:03 PM · edited Sun, 22 September 2024 at 7:28 AM

Hello everyone... I hope this question is not too common... ;)

What would your advice be: getting Vue easel or getting Bryce 5.5 (for around 60-70$), knowing that I use Daz Studio and not Poser, and that I have Carrara 3.0 (but it's not easy to do landscapes with it at my level) For a start in landscapes, I am trying the free terragen... this way I can do some backdrops for my characters, but not really integrate them... I have tried Bryce 5 and I'm not a fan of the interface... How is Vue easel is comparison ? should I stick to terragen and Carrara, LOL ?

Thank you :)

Bala

Message edited on: 03/05/2006 13:10

Visit my website / Visit my Renderosity store/ Visit my Daz3d store

Balaenanun ( ) posted Sun, 05 March 2006 at 1:06 PM

Just in case your are not interested in Daz Studio, now it can export Poser scenes - so I could export my Daz work to Vue using the poser export or to Bryce using the daz export 8) but I don't know which one works the best :P

bruno021 ( ) posted Sun, 05 March 2006 at 1:50 PM

To import in the Poser file format in Vue, you need to have Poser on your computer. Exporting from D/S without Poser won't work.

Balaenanun ( ) posted Sun, 05 March 2006 at 4:16 PM

Now D/S can export poser scenes and all poser format files, since version 1.2... are you saying that you must click something inside Poser ? 8)

sittingblue ( ) posted Sun, 05 March 2006 at 4:48 PM

What bruno is saying is that the first time you try to import a .pz3 file, Vue asks you locate the installation of Poser. If you don't have Poser, then Vue won't import the .pz3.

Charles

nruddock ( ) posted Sun, 05 March 2006 at 5:18 PM

Try pointing it to the "content" directory.

This has a dummy Poser.exe in it and has a Runtime directory for Poser format items.

Balaenanun ( ) posted Mon, 06 March 2006 at 1:51 AM

hmm ok thanks for the nice advice everyone :) I still don't know if I should get bryce 5.5 or vue easel, but I know how the poser import works ^^ thx ! anyone who switched from bryce to Vue ?

Djeser ( ) posted Mon, 06 March 2006 at 2:25 AM · edited Mon, 06 March 2006 at 2:26 AM

Attached Link: http://backroom.renderosity.com/%7Evue/backroom/backroom.html

Lots of folks here have switched to Vue from Bryce. Check the backroom and click on the link that says "Comparing Vue and...". Or you could click on Search for the forum and type in Bryce and you'll get a lot of posts and discussions.

Message edited on: 03/06/2006 02:26

Sgiathalaich

Balaenanun ( ) posted Mon, 06 March 2006 at 12:47 PM · edited Mon, 06 March 2006 at 12:51 PM

Ok, thanks a lot ;) the import functions are very important to me, now that it is more clear I'll see these posts about Bryce. And I didn't know the backroom ^^ I have tried the demo of vue infinite and it was really impressive... Vue easel must be good too... ^^ thx folks

Message edited on: 03/06/2006 12:51

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.