Tue, Oct 22, 6:48 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 22 3:39 am)

Subject: Bits and pieces 4 - vote for loveliest lashes!

SnowSultan ( ) posted Sun, 05 March 2006 at 4:25 PM · edited Tue, 22 October 2024 at 6:46 AM

file_331651.jpg

Very sorry for the delay with this next survey, it took a lot longer to prepare than I had expected. Eyelashes are another very important bit of a texture that can enhance or detract from the realism, and there are many different transmaps to choose from. Vote for the lashes that you like best from the two sets of examples shown. You may vote for more than one of course, but try not to pick more than 4 if possible. :) Thanks as always! SnowS

my DeviantArt page: http://snowsultan.deviantart.com/

I do not speak as a representative of DAZ, I speak only as a long-time member here. Be nice (and quit lying about DAZ) and I'll be nice too.

SnowSultan ( ) posted Sun, 05 March 2006 at 4:25 PM

file_331652.jpg

second set

I do not speak as a representative of DAZ, I speak only as a long-time member here. Be nice (and quit lying about DAZ) and I'll be nice too.

estherau ( ) posted Sun, 05 March 2006 at 5:16 PM

Number 7 is best!

MY ONLINE COMIC IS NOW LIVE

I aim to update it about once a month.  Oh, and it's free!

Fazzel ( ) posted Sun, 05 March 2006 at 5:24 PM

Number 7.

SamTherapy ( ) posted Sun, 05 March 2006 at 5:42 PM

7 and 16

Coppula eam se non posit acceptera jocularum.

My Store

My Gallery

dlk30341 ( ) posted Sun, 05 March 2006 at 5:44 PM

CeeBeeVFXG ( ) posted Sun, 05 March 2006 at 7:13 PM

Number 8

~ Meow ~

blonderella ( ) posted Sun, 05 March 2006 at 7:37 PM

7-25-8 in that order :)~

Say what you mean and mean what you say.

Acadia ( ) posted Sun, 05 March 2006 at 8:06 PM

#5, #6 and #15. However, #5 and #15 appear to be the same lashes hued differently. And #20 and #27.

"It is good to see ourselves as others see us. Try as we may, we are never
able to know ourselves fully as we are, especially the evil side of us.
This we can do only if we are not angry with our critics but will take in good
heart whatever they might have to say." - Ghandi

Kalypso ( ) posted Sun, 05 March 2006 at 10:01 PM
Site Admin Online Now!

Number 8 - what I don't like about lashes is when the lower lashes are thicker than the upper ones and 8 seems to have a pretty good balance.

pokeydots ( ) posted Sun, 05 March 2006 at 10:57 PM

16 :)

Poser 9 SR3  and 8 sr3
=================
Processor Type:  AMD Phenom II 830 Quad-Core
2.80GHz, 4000MHz System Bus, 2MB L2 Cache + 6MB Shared L3 Cache
Hard Drive Size:  1TB
Processor - Clock Speed:  2.8 GHz
Operating System:  Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit 
Graphics Type:  ATI Radeon HD 4200
•ATI Radeon HD 4200 integrated graphics 
System Ram:  8GB 

SnowSultan ( ) posted Mon, 06 March 2006 at 12:19 AM

Thanks for the votes so far. #5 and #15 may look similar, but they're not identical. I spent a lot of time comparing them (which is why they weren't posted yesterday), so I don't think there are any duplicates. Apologies in advance if there are though. :)

kobaltkween ( ) posted Mon, 06 March 2006 at 12:21 AM

25, 6, 8 - in that order

KarenJ ( ) posted Mon, 06 March 2006 at 2:37 AM

8, 16, 22 and 25. What annoys me with eyebrows is when there's a sudden sharp line where they end - because the lashes aren't fully on the transmap area. It looks like someone has taken a pair of scissors to the lashes! (From my own experiments with making lashes I know it's difficult. It's hard to get them on the template fully, they're just an awkward shape. So full marks to those texture creators who keep it real!)

"you are terrifying
and strange and beautiful
something not everyone knows how to love." - Warsan Shire

barrowlass ( ) posted Mon, 06 March 2006 at 2:50 AM

I love ALL of em - yep, lashes are a pig to sort out sometimes, but when well done they look awesome.

My aspiration: to make a decent Poser Render I'm an Oldie, a goldie, but not a miracle worker :-)

Gallery

Freebies

Music Vids

richardson ( ) posted Mon, 06 March 2006 at 5:20 AM

#18 Still lots of room for improvement. Especially getting a random array.

stephaniebt ( ) posted Mon, 06 March 2006 at 7:35 AM

#22 looks best to me.

LilWolff ( ) posted Mon, 06 March 2006 at 9:34 AM

7 & 15 would be my preference.

dawnryder ( ) posted Mon, 06 March 2006 at 11:53 AM

oh no one agrees with me :-( i like 17 best i dont like number 1 because they are to sparse nor number3 because they curl the wrong way and i agree that the ones with thicker lower lashes are completely wrong

BastBlack ( ) posted Mon, 06 March 2006 at 1:02 PM

Natural looking lashes are very hard to do well. And while finding natural lashes for women is hard, finding natural lashes for the guys is even harder!!! I pretty much use M3's TR for just about all male characters. I look for a natural pattern, crisp, curved, and varying lash thickness in a good lash transmap. Here's my breakdown: Best Female Lashes - 25 Stephanie Petite 8 Elsie 26 Suelma Best Male - DAZ M3 (not shown) DAZ David DAZ Freak Best Upper Lashes - 28 Vampire Knights 25 Stephanie Petite Best Lower Lashes - 25 Stephanie Petite 6 DAZ David bB

SnowSultan ( ) posted Mon, 06 March 2006 at 2:05 PM

So far, 25 (Stephanie Petite), 7 (Eden2), and 8 (Elsie) are leading. Personally, I think I like 6 (for men), 7, 21 (which no one else has picked, haha) and 25. Eden and Elsie are both by Rhiannon and are available in the store here. The Stephanie Petite lashes come with her texture set at DAZ. SnowS

MissTara ( ) posted Wed, 08 March 2006 at 4:53 PM

22 is my very favorite, followed by 25, 27, and 21.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.