Sun, Sep 22, 8:24 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 22 2:04 am)

Subject: Help I can

Mock ( ) posted Tue, 17 August 1999 at 10:40 PM ยท edited Sun, 22 September 2024 at 8:21 AM

file_116305.JPG

Im about to purchase either ray dreams 5.5 or Bryce 4. I was wondering which I should get first (in time I plan to get bouth. The picture is here to indicate were I am right now (as far as skill or lack of)

RadArt ( ) posted Wed, 18 August 1999 at 12:20 AM

Bryce 4. I assume you have Poser, and Bryce 4 would add so much in the way of backgrounds, rendering your characters, lighting, special effects and such. Raydream is more for creating characters, morphs, props and such. Please correct me if I am wrong, for I have only dabbled in both; and this is the impression I get from the options, and what others have told me. Radart.

2ndPlanet ( ) posted Wed, 18 August 1999 at 12:23 AM

well my friend that really depends on what you are going for. If you want the capability to fcreate morphs and your own 3d Obj. files to use within poser and create "original" models then I would go the way of Raydream. Raydream is also good for indoor type rendered scenes although I think the cmera and lights are much more of a pain to manipulate in this program than in bryce or poser. Now, If you want a piece of software that will help you create large environmental scenes and very nicely detailed renders of you poser figures in a "world" environment then Bryce 4 is definately the way to go. I would also have to say that out of all three pieces f software (bryce, Raydream, and poser) Bryce create the cleanest and smoothest renders. So it really depends on were you want to go first. I know I use Bryce much more than I do raydream as I really can't seem to find the time or the patience to create a bunch of morphs or models. Unlike some of the modeling masters on this forums. I just like to try to create pretty pictures.

Ikyoto ( ) posted Wed, 18 August 1999 at 9:01 AM

Agreed. Bryce is a far more powerful engine - but you really need a good graphics machine to render things in a reasonable amount of time.

Tartan ( ) posted Wed, 18 August 1999 at 1:26 PM

Hey Mock.. For the quality of the rendering and ease of use Bryce4 is the way to go..:)

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.