Sun, Oct 6, 9:21 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 05 8:40 pm)

Subject: Parenting Lights?

Angelouscuitry ( ) posted Thu, 09 March 2006 at 1:21 PM ยท edited Fri, 02 August 2024 at 4:43 AM

I just selected my Main(Infinite) Light, opened the Parameters Palette, and looked to the Parent button, but it was grayed out? I then selected the Object menu, to use "Change Parent...," but it was grayed out also? I enjoy looking at my figure from a few different angles, but my lights are set for setup to illuminate mostly just the front of the character(for the Main Camera with no Y-Orbit.) So, when I move the Y-Orbit of the camera, I get darkness of the rear of my character! If I could have parented the lights to the Main Camera then the whole set would have taken on the Y-Orbit of the Camera and kept my scene's lighting constant? What to do? Ockham has RotateLights2.PY, but something more automatic would be nice! I've seen something about this at DAZ3d.com tutotial Arcana, but it did'nt seem to really show how?

Dizzi ( ) posted Thu, 09 March 2006 at 1:52 PM

Change it to a spotlight, then parent it, and then switch back to infinite light.

amacord ( ) posted Fri, 10 March 2006 at 5:28 AM

search for ockhams lightpanel in the freebees. it parents infinite lights plus it has a lot of other useful features. no way without.....

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.