Tue, Oct 22, 12:44 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 22 11:46 am)

Subject: Wardrobe Wizard vs. Clothing Converter

Renaylor ( ) posted Fri, 10 March 2006 at 8:09 AM · edited Tue, 22 October 2024 at 12:44 PM

I am considering purchasing Wardrobe Wizard but I have a couple of questions. I have a jacket that I modelled for V3. I did no morphs for it. Would this program transfer morphs from V3 to my clothing or do I need another program like the tailor for this function? Also is there any differences between clothes converter and this program other than one is python scripted and the other is not? Renaylor

chinnei ( ) posted Fri, 10 March 2006 at 10:28 AM

Just to give my 2cents,

WW won't transfer the morphs from V3, or any other figures that it's using as a base character. However, if the clothing already has morphs and if you are converting that to fit V3 or any other supported character, then yes, there's a way you can transfer morphs.

I don't have tailor so I can't answer about that.

As for the difference between CC and WW, in CC, you have to make the adjustments manually. In WW, it converts the clothing to fit the character automatically. Just to give you an example, making adjustments to clothing in CC is like using the magnets and trans dials in Poser to make the cloth fit. You have to make those changes manually.

As a side note, WW can also convert clothes to fit morphed character. So if you want to fit your jacket to a morphed V3, then it is possible to do so. (I havn't done this but, if the clothing is converted to fit morphed V3, maybe the morphs can be exported and loaded as a morph target as a way of transfering morphs from characters to cloth?)

Virus ( ) posted Fri, 10 March 2006 at 10:48 AM

I don't have WW but: CC is a great utility, Unfortunallety the process using CC needs a lot of hand adjusments, but it gives you a lot of control about your clothes conversions.

SAL9000 - Hello Dr. Chandra, Will I've dream?

Hanz ( ) posted Fri, 10 March 2006 at 10:52 AM

To my best knowledge, you can't shortcut it like that. You can't transfer morphs from V3 to your clothingmodel, because it's not the same mesh. V3 has a certain polygonarrangement and your clothing has another, they're different pieces of mesh and one can't take morphs from the other. You have to manually morph your piece of clothing to fit your needs. Or go with chinnei's final example which would also work, I think.

dlfurman ( ) posted Fri, 10 March 2006 at 11:22 AM

What I want CC for. CC handles feet/boots and gloves, I don't think WW does.

"Few are agreeable in conversation, because each thinks more of what he intends to say than that of what others are saying, and listens no more when he himself has a chance to speak." - Francois de la Rochefoucauld

Intel Core i7 920, 24GB RAM, GeForce GTX 1050 4GB video, 6TB HDD space
Poser 12: Inches (Poser(PC) user since 1 and the floppies/manual to prove it!)

nickedshield ( ) posted Fri, 10 March 2006 at 11:31 AM

will WW transfer morphs.....NO will CC transfere morphs....iffy will The Tailor transfer morphs....YES to get the jacket to fit a morphed V3: WW..load base v3 then jacket. Run Convert from figure on the jacket. Morph your V3 the way you want then run Convert To on the jacket. There are additional tools for fine tuning the results. CC...load the morphed V3, jacket. All adjustments are done manually. The Tailor..Load the morphed V3, the dress. Select what morphs you want. Results vary. Some good, some not so good. hope that provides some insight to the programs

I must remember to remember what it was I had to remember.

Dizzi ( ) posted Fri, 10 March 2006 at 11:56 AM

If you want an easy way to put morphs into your clothing then better get one of Netherworks Clothing Morphkits. Faster and better than the Tailor.

steveshanks ( ) posted Fri, 10 March 2006 at 1:37 PM

You can use WW to make morphs for a figure by exporting the converted item then use the obj as a morph target, you can do this in one of two way, cheapest is export each body part then add each of these back to your original figure and spawn a body morph...or (and this is by FAR the easiest way) get dimension3d's tool collection and you can use a complete body obj to create a body morph, if you have created more than one it will batch import them and generate a body morph from the obj name, its a fantastic little app.......Steve

Acadia ( ) posted Fri, 10 March 2006 at 2:49 PM

Attached Link: http://www.philc.net/WW_tutorial1.htm

Here is a tutorial on how to get WW to keep the clothing morphs.

"It is good to see ourselves as others see us. Try as we may, we are never
able to know ourselves fully as we are, especially the evil side of us.
This we can do only if we are not angry with our critics but will take in good
heart whatever they might have to say." - Ghandi

Xena ( ) posted Fri, 10 March 2006 at 8:10 PM · edited Fri, 10 March 2006 at 8:10 PM

Attached Link: Netherworks Store

I TOTALLY agree with Dizzy. All those programs listed don't give store quality results.

Message edited on: 03/10/2006 20:10

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.