Sun, Oct 6, 7:32 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 05 8:40 pm)

Subject: SemiOT: Who wants to live for Poser?

Casette ( ) posted Sun, 12 March 2006 at 2:50 AM · edited Fri, 30 August 2024 at 4:57 AM

Hi folks. Paraphrasing Freddy Mercury ...;)

My enterprise was bought by another one bigger past december. The last months we the workers was waiting incoming changes, while rumors about firing people was sounding higher time after time. Past monday rumors was in their highest level: this week some people would be fired. We was accostumed to false rumors, so was rather quiet. But on tuesday 12 persons was fired in the upper floor. On wednesday three more, and two people from my department. Finally, on thursday the fourth person called to Human Resources Departament was me... I'm fired :P

Worry? Nah. First of all: I was hating my enterprise. I was working as telephonic agent in a enterprise subcontracted of Vodafone. I was working at Internet department, with cell phones settings, email connections, MMS configurations... but with the lowest stratum of the client average: prepay cards, low consum, so I was bored all the day to attend callphones from romanians, arabians, kids without money in theit prepays, morons incapable to read instructions of their expensive cell phones... (we has the teory about the amount of alive neurons that a client has is inversely proportional at the cost of his cell phone. So my work was DISGUSTING... but a work). Sometimes I thought on leaving it... well, I don't need to think on it anymore (mwhaha)

(politically corrected comment: no personal troubles with romanians or arabians. But you would need to know what is to attend daily a lot of people who don't speak well your language and giving instructions in a technical slang... because for example an IP address is an IP address and there aren't softer ways to explain it. Day by day it can fry your brain)

Troubles? Nah. They have paid me a nice indemnification that will support me a few months well rationed. My wife has her work (and her salary). I have signed at the unemployment national system, so I will be receiving a pension for some months. And finally... I have comissions with a respectable amount of money. This is the reason of the title of this thread. I'm in a personal point when I 'WOULD' live only from Poser (well, and Photoshop, and Terragen, and blahblahblah). I started a contract past month for a BDMS site, they pay me for a single comic more than my previous salary at my decesed work. Oh, and also it's the theatre. Not long time ago I was living only from musical theatre. I stopped it when my kids came, you need security when you have two lil'mouths to feed, but now... I don't know, but probably it's a better moment

Security is nice, but for an artist it can cut your wings. Well, I was not sure to jump the pool, but... now they pushed me, and by the moment I'm floating... ;)

Bleh. I'm boring, I know. But I wanted to share this. Damn, I'm here a lot of daily time using my Master Yoda's english, young my padawan :D

Oh, sorry if I dont answer you or if I'm late on it. I'm at home, so I'm working ^_^

Cheers

Message edited on: 03/12/2006 02:53

CASETTE
=======
"Poser isn't a SOFTWARE... it's a RELIGION!"

estherau ( ) posted Sun, 12 March 2006 at 4:08 AM

sometimes things just work out - i'd say they did u a favour by sacking you! well time will tell - it's like having the umbilical cord severed. good luck and keep us posted! love esther

MY ONLINE COMIC IS NOW LIVE

I aim to update it about once a month.  Oh, and it's free!

Casette ( ) posted Sun, 12 March 2006 at 5:01 AM

Thanks Esther ;)

CASETTE
=======

4blueyes ( ) posted Sun, 12 March 2006 at 5:49 AM

Being pushed into the pool at the right moment is very important sometimes as Esther says. Sure you will float :)) Good luck to you in all you want to do now :)

Michal

Arturzinho ( ) posted Sun, 12 March 2006 at 7:51 AM

I am sure you will walk over the water - not just floating. Good luck :o)

Rance01 ( ) posted Sun, 12 March 2006 at 8:16 AM

Casette, best wishes to you. I enjoy reading your posts and enjoy your continued work with this software. I do hope all will be well with you. Rance

ghelmer ( ) posted Sun, 12 March 2006 at 12:30 PM

Hope everything works out ok for you Casette! I've been there before too (and my wife & I split up shortly after) but I bounced back and life is ok now! Keep your chin up and keep bouncing cuz once down, you can only go up!! Not to offend, but from my experience... pick up the slack around the house while the wife is at work... and maybe do a nice romantic surprise dinner for her one night when she gets home from work... I wish I thought of that 3 years ago!! LOL!! Take care! Gerard

The GR00VY GH0ULIE!

You are pure, you are snow
We are the useless sluts that they mould
Rock n roll is our epiphany
Culture, alienation, boredom and despair

Richard T ( ) posted Sun, 12 March 2006 at 1:11 PM

While CGI and the 'Net is great, I have found missing the day to day interaction with workmates is a problem and being at home most of the time is not enough. However it sounds like they have done you a favour and given you the oportunity to do something you like doing. Good luck. Richard (an ex internet banking help desk person, amongst other things.)

lmckenzie ( ) posted Sun, 12 March 2006 at 1:42 PM

Been there Casette. Economy wise, the 1st world and the 3rd world are changing places. It may be justice but it's still a bitch :-)

"Democracy is a pathetic belief in the collective wisdom of individual ignorance." - H. L. Mencken

Mint3D ( ) posted Sun, 12 March 2006 at 3:18 PM

Life is too short to be wasted and every new morning is a new leaf in the tree of life :) What really matters is what you enjoy most!

"Windows 7 crashed.
I am the Blue Screen of Death.
No one hears your screams."

Casette ( ) posted Sun, 12 March 2006 at 4:48 PM

Gosh... thanks to all, folks :')

CASETTE
=======

drifterlee ( ) posted Sun, 12 March 2006 at 7:18 PM

I want to live for art and Poser!!!!! How do you get commission work???????

Casette ( ) posted Mon, 13 March 2006 at 12:48 AM

Well, sometimes they call to my (virtual) doors... I have sites showing my artwork at Renderosity, Renderotica, deviantArt, RaunchyMinds... they see my pics and request me 'hey, would you draw for meh... ?', So I have commisions for websites, persons, enterprises... Also I have three paysites (at Renderotica, EroticIllusions and Cult of Erotica) and a print store (deviantArt). And I try to email each new opportunity of work I find at the net. The BDSM site I've recently meet was the classical a-friend-told-me-that-a-friend-told-him-that-a-friend-saw

CASETTE
=======

Bobasaur ( ) posted Mon, 13 March 2006 at 10:46 AM

I wish you the best of luck!

Before they made me they broke the mold!
http://home.roadrunner.com/~kflach/

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.