Tue, Oct 22, 2:39 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 22 1:40 am)

Subject: Goodbye

Schlabber ( ) posted Thu, 29 March 2001 at 11:38 AM · edited Tue, 22 October 2024 at 2:32 AM

Maybe you know - sometimes it's a fact that you've to face the normal things of life. At the moment I have to prove something for my own and have to arrange this and that in my "normal" life. And at least I want some time for my own. My day has simply 28 hours and you all know that this would simply break you apart sooner or later :o(. I must save my time and I couldn't shorten my work ('cause my life depends on it) and I can't stay on with sleeping those less as I'm doing at the moment. It would have been much easier if I would have known my website is in good hands - but as you've seen ... it shouldn't have been. So I'm really sorry that my website isn't available anymore - but at the moment I'm simply to tired to gone through all this procedure like searching a host uploading and then simply find out I'm taking again to much bandwidth ... . I'm really sorry about all this (please don't blame Rena, Steve or Allen (Harkleroad) for that - it wasn't their fault and it is not the reason that's Poserworld broke down why I'm leaving). So - will I come back ?? That's not easy to answere - it might be and I'll certainly be arround here sometimes - but I won't reply to any mail or message here (I don't think I'ld do it like Rena (only stay away at least 40 hours - lol). If I'll find out this "virtual" life I've lived here isn't worth to come back - well then I'll stay away from it ! What about the Schlabber-poses ?? Maybe (but only maybe) I'll collect it all on a CD and sell it then to a reasonable price (this isn't thought out allready) - and maybe I could earn then enough money to bring this site back on a server that could take the bandwidth (of course then the CD would have Poses that are not available on the new site). Thanks ... Of course I'ld like to thank all those wonderful people I've met here - those are to many to mention here allready - I'll certainly miss you - but I must do what I have to do ... What's left ... Nothing at all - at the moment I feel beaten and tired - but I'm not unhappy - 'cause I'll know - I would have more time in the future and I think I have the right for it (damned - I haven't spoken to some "real" friends now for months and some of them are really missing me :o) ). So wish me some luck ... and please don't be disappointed about what's going on in Poserland at the moment ... maybe it'll all turned out to a happy end :o) Goodbye Schlabber

Styxx ( ) posted Thu, 29 March 2001 at 11:43 AM

we're going to miss you for sure, but sabbaticals are good for the soul like milk is for the body :) come back when you can, even if it's simply for a quick visit to say hi to everyone.... be happy, Styxx

Poppi ( ) posted Thu, 29 March 2001 at 11:48 AM

Thank you for the poses. I truly have enjoyed them.

VAIRESH ( ) posted Thu, 29 March 2001 at 12:03 PM

Sorry to see ya go, your poses are awesome. Mike

Huolong ( ) posted Thu, 29 March 2001 at 12:32 PM

You have made a difference. That's more than most of us can say.

Gordon

duesentrieb ( ) posted Thu, 29 March 2001 at 12:36 PM

Sorry to hear this from you, Schlabber. Your website was very professional and your poses were, too. Alles Gute!

SnowSultan ( ) posted Thu, 29 March 2001 at 2:01 PM

I'm sorry to hear you're leaving too, but you've truly been one of the great contributors to Poser and everyone here. I hope you can find some happiness and peace back in the "real" world, and perhaps one day return to those here who care about you too. :) Good luck and thank you for all you've done. Take care! SnowS

my DeviantArt page: http://snowsultan.deviantart.com/

I do not speak as a representative of DAZ, I speak only as a long-time member here. Be nice (and quit lying about DAZ) and I'll be nice too.

steveshanks ( ) posted Thu, 29 March 2001 at 3:06 PM

Buddy you've become a good friend and you'll be missed, you stay in touch mind and hope to see you as soon as possible.......Steve

Ghostofmacbeth ( ) posted Thu, 29 March 2001 at 3:12 PM

Sorry to hear but I hope all go well and you find what you are looking for. Hope also that you return someday in some form. Best of luck.

Larry F ( ) posted Thu, 29 March 2001 at 3:14 PM

Schlabber, I'm sorry to see you leave and I know what it is like to be too busy! Ha! I could swear I met myself in the hallway the other day. Didn't recognize myself right off because I looked so tired. When I turned to get a second look I was gone. Having said that, I see that at least part of the problem was the heavy concentratin of bandwidth your site took up on that particular server. It seems like you have a lot of friends and admirers here. Maybe something could be worked out to where you could divide up some of your downloads and have the hosting of them spread across several sites of various supporters (or SPONSORS if that is the way the term is used here). Of course, your downloads could clearly marked with your personal logo. Just a thought. But good luck in life. Larry F

mikes ( ) posted Thu, 29 March 2001 at 3:33 PM

Sorry to see that you've also been hurt in the most recent bloodletting. Will miss your contributions.

Dreamspinner ( ) posted Thu, 29 March 2001 at 3:40 PM

I will really miss you! I hope that you de-stress and do come back to our community. Good luck and good wishes. Elizabeth Pope Dreamspinner Inc.

JeffH ( ) posted Thu, 29 March 2001 at 4:23 PM

mikes, "Sorry to see that you've also been hurt in the most recent bloodletting." What does that mean? Sorry if I'm out of the loop these days, what's going on? -Jeff

arabinowitz ( ) posted Thu, 29 March 2001 at 6:22 PM

Thanks for everything Schlabber. You've helped me in so many ways with your great poses. Take it easy. Aharon

Moonbiter ( ) posted Thu, 29 March 2001 at 6:25 PM

Attached Link: http://thelostlands.com

I'm fairly new here but before you go I want to say thanks. Your poses went along way towards improving my poser pictures. As my site say's 90% of my poses start out as your work. You will be missed. Moonbiter

Helen ( ) posted Thu, 29 March 2001 at 7:59 PM

Take care... you will be missed... :(

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Senior MarketPlace Tester

If anyone sees a mind wandering aimlessly around..... It is mine.  I want it back.

skee ( ) posted Thu, 29 March 2001 at 9:44 PM

Enjoy the time that is given to you in all that you do. You will be greatly missed and I feel sorry for all the new people here that never got a chance to know you. skee

NOTE: No trees were killed in the sending of this message, but a large
number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

nitreug ( ) posted Thu, 29 March 2001 at 10:00 PM

Another great artist that is gone. Thanks all you great poses and hard work for this community. Claude

sergemarck ( ) posted Thu, 29 March 2001 at 10:39 PM

Good luck my friend. I really hope you find what you are looking for ... and you will come back from time to time, Serge

Techyman ( ) posted Fri, 30 March 2001 at 9:13 AM

Sorry to see you go, friend. I had been planning to download quite a bit from your site but always thought there would be a tomorrow. Oh well, if you decide to go the cd route, let us all know. I, personally would consider it good investment. Thanks and good luck!

-renapd- ( ) posted Fri, 30 March 2001 at 12:44 PM
Site Admin

You just had to do this behind my back as usual..didn't you S ? You chose the only night I wasn't logged on ICQ so I couldnt' stop you for the 30th or what time from this decision ??? :o( Check your email my friend..please do!

[[MyGallery] [MyStore]
"Collect moments, not things."

sparrowheart ( ) posted Sat, 31 March 2001 at 4:38 AM

Thank you for all of your creative energy and your vast and generous work, Schlabber. I very much understand your reasons for leaving us, and I hope that life brings you only the very best! Keep well and enjoy a restful and happy springtime. I will dare to hope that one day you will return to us.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.