Mon, Sep 9, 5:34 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 09 2:22 am)

Subject: Mac Software Writers for Poser

chud ( ) posted Sat, 11 March 2006 at 5:57 PM · edited Mon, 02 September 2024 at 1:18 PM

Are there any Mac users who could write a program for OS X that will install Poser content in the way MartinC's Mac Installer does? Perhaps even put it in the marketplace?

dawnryder ( ) posted Sat, 11 March 2006 at 7:28 PM

i'll second that there's also a pc program that will check out wrongly placed files and correct them - that i'd have if it was on mac

estherau ( ) posted Sat, 11 March 2006 at 7:43 PM

i use the utility by Kaveman called ditto. it is only for files already in their own little runtime so u can drop them into your big runtime, but most poser stuff comes like that now. love esther

MY ONLINE COMIC IS NOW LIVE

I aim to update it about once a month.  Oh, and it's free!

chud ( ) posted Sun, 12 March 2006 at 3:43 PM

Ditto is fine, but very time consuming. MacInstaller was much, much quicker and less headache. I'm talking about installing gigabytes of Poser stuff, not the occasional new item.

estherau ( ) posted Sun, 12 March 2006 at 5:37 PM

Hi, well his new ditto is going to be able to drop a whole batch onto the source box all at once. I beta tested it and it probably isn't far off being ready. Love esther

MY ONLINE COMIC IS NOW LIVE

I aim to update it about once a month.  Oh, and it's free!

chud ( ) posted Mon, 13 March 2006 at 1:25 AM

Thanks, esther. Maybe it'll do the trick.

kaveman ( ) posted Mon, 13 March 2006 at 2:43 AM

"there's also a pc program that will check out wrongly placed files and correct them" I'm not sure what you mean by this? do you mean it checks inside the poser files and changes the file paths to reflect the current locations of the file? What else is needed? Esther is right I've ported my dittoGUI to Cocoa and it's all but ready. What I've got works well, it's just user interface additions, like buttons as well as the current Menu Options. And a couple of little additions. I'll take some time out of my current project to do that tomorrow. (Don't tell the boss) I'm not sure on ditto's arg limits on the the number of folders it can do in one batch, I'll have to check that:-) What number of top level folders are you wanting?

dawnryder ( ) posted Mon, 13 March 2006 at 12:21 PM

that's the one Kaveman i saw a program that did that for PC - and because i like to rearrange stuff in a way that make sense to me, i am regularly prompted by poser to manually locate files (hope this makes sense!) i'd like to rearrange my textures and geometries without screwing things up but i dont know how many other people would find this useful good luck

hogwarden ( ) posted Tue, 14 March 2006 at 12:44 PM

That's my CRPro II you're talking 'bout... :)) It fixes the references to point to the actual files positions so you can re-organise your textures and geometries folder structures in addition to it fixing all the silly references found in content. But, yes it's PC only at the moment. Actually, I didn't think the MAC versions of Poser had problems with un-resolveable reference files! It may be worth trying this program through wine on the MAC... or another PC emulator. A friend of mine now has a lovely G5 laptop... I'll ask him nicely:) Of course... the upcoming generation of MAC boxes (with intel chipsets) will run windows programs without a hitch... but it'll take a while for folks to upgrade:) H:))

kaveman ( ) posted Tue, 14 March 2006 at 2:21 PM

Attached Link: http://www.ilike.co.nz/dittogui/

This is a myth in the making. Just because computers have the same chip does NOT mean that computer programs will run across platform without a hitch. Do you think xbox games are going to run on the ps3? Do you think the xbox games run on the G5 iMac? hogwarden, if you're a programmer you should know better. Both Apple and MS have said they are not going to support their OS running on different hardware. There are large numbers of PC and Linux developers moving to the Mac. And there's talk of 39% sales growth this quarter. Mac software developers are in high demand. If we want OSX utilities for Poser then encourage and pay for the software that's CURRENTLY being written. There's a few of us doing it. I've worked for over 40 hours on dittoGUI and received less than $20.00 total, I would rather be rendering. Ok v1 of the software may not have been "Great" but it worked and it saves people a lot of time. I know I use it. Not even an email saying thanks buddy, keep at it. Anyway I've got a paying job to work on, so good luck. I hope running Windows solves all your problems:-) Oh and by the way v3.1 of dittoGUI is now available for download. If it gets some support maybe the boss will ok me doing another Poser utility. I hope so!

hogwarden ( ) posted Tue, 14 March 2006 at 5:41 PM

Hehe... guess someone fed me a duff line:) Hadn't actually looked into the details myself... H:)

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.