Thu, Sep 19, 10:44 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 19 9:52 pm)

Subject: check this pic

maur_2005 ( ) posted Thu, 16 March 2006 at 3:24 PM · edited Thu, 19 September 2024 at 10:32 PM

file_334516.jpg

somebody knows that model used to make this poser or knows a similar model?

kuroyume0161 ( ) posted Thu, 16 March 2006 at 3:31 PM

Hard to say without more info or a link. Is it really a 3D model or a 2D illustration (very possible)? Who did the image and using what? This might as well be Maya using a custom model or Photoshop using an airbrush... Unless there was a particularly interesting renderer used or postwork performed, this image wreaks of 2D artwork.

C makes it easy to shoot yourself in the foot. C++ makes it harder, but when you do, you blow your whole leg off.

-- Bjarne Stroustrup

Contact Me | Kuroyume's DevelopmentZone

satsugai ( ) posted Thu, 16 March 2006 at 3:31 PM

That's Nina Williams from the Tekken series, there's also a game based just on her, can't remember what it's called though. If you're asking if this was done in Poser, then the answer is no. Probably done in Lightwave, Maya or whatever else modelers use. :D

Donnie: My parents didn't get me what I wanted for Christmas. Dr. Lilian Thurman: What did you want? Donnie: Hungry Hungry Hippos. Dr. Lilian Thurman: And how did you feel, being denied these hungry, hungry hippos? Donnie: Regret.

barrowlass ( ) posted Thu, 16 March 2006 at 3:53 PM

It looks a bit like a PSP tube to me, but then I could be mistaken

My aspiration: to make a decent Poser Render I'm an Oldie, a goldie, but not a miracle worker :-)

Gallery

Freebies

Music Vids

satsugai ( ) posted Thu, 16 March 2006 at 4:10 PM

Just a few more pics of her... If anyone's interested in knowing the game is called Death By Degrees. http://www.mediacritica.net/research/pixelpinups/nina.html http://www.vnunet.nl/nieuws.jsp?id=615392

Donnie: My parents didn't get me what I wanted for Christmas. Dr. Lilian Thurman: What did you want? Donnie: Hungry Hungry Hippos. Dr. Lilian Thurman: And how did you feel, being denied these hungry, hungry hippos? Donnie: Regret.

kuroyume0161 ( ) posted Thu, 16 March 2006 at 4:22 PM

Well, with more information at hand :p, I'd say a good start for 'replicating' this character in Poser would be to start with either V3 or SP3 and start applying morphs and transforms. The body looks to be more V3-like, but the face is definitely closer to SP3.

C makes it easy to shoot yourself in the foot. C++ makes it harder, but when you do, you blow your whole leg off.

-- Bjarne Stroustrup

Contact Me | Kuroyume's DevelopmentZone

kobaltkween ( ) posted Thu, 16 March 2006 at 5:16 PM

actually, the shoulders, breasts and torso look more like posette than any unimesh figure to me. and the face looks more like neaena.

ghelmer ( ) posted Fri, 17 March 2006 at 2:31 AM

Attached Link: http://deathbydegrees.namco.com/

Namco's Death By Degrees (featuring Nina Williams)... A really bad "brawler" game from last year for the PS2! Nina's a character from the Tekken series (as mentioned above) and is much better suited (imho) in your standard fighting game rather than the Final Fight type brawler that Death By Degrees was. The pic posted above is a promo shot from one of Namco's sites but not on the site in the link. I do however remember seeing the shot before the game came out. Generally Namco do some of the best CGI cutscenes for their games (Tekken & Soul Calibur series') and the intro for Tekken 5 was a treat almost on the same level as Square Enix's Final Fantasy VII Advent Children!!! Gerard

The GR00VY GH0ULIE!

You are pure, you are snow
We are the useless sluts that they mould
Rock n roll is our epiphany
Culture, alienation, boredom and despair

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.